Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

KO of the Year

Yoel Romero, PAWNCH vs Luke Rockhold, UFC 221

Post-fight of the Year

Yoel smooching Rockhold, UFC 221

For posterity:

https://i.imgur.com/bo2blqT.gifv

I'll throw up Sub of the Year: Tyson Pedro def. Saparbek Safarov (kimura) UFC 221, February 10th.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8JyRlb.mp4

Memento fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The Gilbert Yvel Award for Foul of the Year

The Big Dan/Lil Kim Award for Refereeing Incompetence

Nominating Li Jiangling eye gouging Jake Matthews from UFC 221 for both of these. He was knuckle deep in both eyes, and the referee was all "Hmm, let's see where this goes. Well, I guess Jake won't see where it goes lol"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lid posted:

worst card of the year

ufc 222

i dont think edgar v t-city can save this

it can't

the only thing that could have saved 222 from a nomination was Cyborg losing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Performance of the Year: Kevin Lee, Fight Night Atlantic City, 21st April.

He timed almost all of Barboza's kicks and knees, and crushed him on the ground. If the doctor didn't stop the fight, it probably would have been 49-43 or 49-42. I saw some media scores that gave Lee the 2nd round 10-7.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Fight of the year: Robert Whittaker vs. Yoel Romero, UFC 225, 9th June 2018.

Round of the year: Round 3, Robert Whittaker vs. Yoel Romero, UFC 225, 9th June 2018.

Comedy in MMA: CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson, UFC 225, 9th June 2018.

KO of the year: Curtis Blaydes vs. Alistair Overeem, UFC 225, 9th June 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I can't remember the last time I saw someone's face go BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD as fast as Overeem's did. Every elbow landed in the exact same spot on his forehead and opened the cut wider and wider. 50k well earned for Blaydes.