Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

roomforthetuna posted:

The rhyme doesn't actually say the king sent any horses or men.
Perhaps the story is about the king recognizing that Humpty was irreparable with his present-day technology comprised of little more than horses and men, because he was a smart king.

This post works really well if you read it in Werner Herzog's voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Can you imagine writing something and then later finding out that people had assumed it was about giant eggs even though that was never your intent? Like you crack a copy of your life's work and the characters have all been inexplicably rendered as egg people, you inquire around and the response is always "well you didn't specify they weren't egg people, so..."

this is why John Lennon wrote I Am The Walrus. he wanted to make it explicitly clear that none of his other songs were about egg men, because there is only one. "hey, if there's an egg man in my song i'm going to get in front of it right now and tell you."

canyoneer

do not look through lewis carroll's photo album.

DO NOT look through lewis carroll's photo album

• Locked thread