Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Double postin' don't care.

Threw another 4 tickets and got Lenna EX!

Then later put one ticket into the Y'sh banner for fun and got a 3rd loving copy of her EX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Double postin' don't care.

Threw another 4 tickets and got Lenna EX!

Then later put one ticket into the Y'sh banner for fun and got a 3rd loving copy of her EX.

drat, son! I thought I had some good luck getting both Y'sh and OK EX in 12 tickets...

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So whats the big thing with Lenna and her lasting to be very good for a long while?
Is it the Debuff shield and 90% int brave debuff?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Those things are good, yes. Mostly though it's the regen. Her regen is silly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Those things are good, yes. Mostly though it's the regen. Her regen is silly.

How's it compare to Eiko's?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

How's it compare to Eiko's?

I don't know what Eiko's regen is so i have no idea how they compare. I'm getting like 4.3k or so on lenna but i don't have any artis or anything for her.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 20, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

I don't know what Eiko's regen is so i have no idea how they compare. I'm getting like 4.3k or so on lenna but i don't have any artis or anything for her.

Looking at DissidiaDB, it looks like Lenna's is tied to her EX skill? Eiko's says it does HP regen, but it also increases Brave every turn.

I'm probably gonna have to find someone who has the raw data. Thanks, though. I never would have known Lenna had any kind of Regen. Eiko's been a staple in my party because her HP Regen skill boosts Max Brave and does HP and Brave Regen, and her Smite Skill grants the party Brave when she uses it, and then every time she uses the default Brave Attack.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

It's keyed off her iBrv and skill 2 actually, the mastered version. So she has a 4 turn setup, but she's crazy. 2-1-1-2 if you want the regen up ASAP, 1-1-2-2 for efficiency, though obviously there's a lot of flexibility in that. Anyway it gives her 60% iBrv and 20% HP regen with all her passives. Her EX gives a 90% ibrv party battery.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Cloud and Firion being investigated for PED use.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Um, holy poo poo. First pull!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Congratulations! Between my luck earlier, getting Cloud's EX in 1 pull after the freebie (or half, or whatever it was), and your luck here, I have no luck left.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I had to pity her EX. All those gems, gone forever. On the plus side, I also MLB'd Irvine and Seifer and I still have 28 Power Stones leftover.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

DIdn't plan on going for Rinoa but said gently caress it and went anyway. Got 0 Rinoa weapons for a good while with tickets+multis mixed(wasn't pitying) but on 4th multi got her EX and her 35. Maybe the first time I've gotten EX and 35 both before getting a 15? Oh well. Got it from stage 50 anyway and then tokened another one because I didn't have enough stones. Had like 40 stones before Cloud and Firion rework. Now have five after selling Rinoa 15!

She seems kinda cool to use so I don't really regret it. And still got plenty of stuff.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 27, 2019

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Rinoa is fine, but the real reason this banner is a must is Angelo. :3:

DOGGO CANNON!!!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grabbed both Vaan and Kain's EX weapons off this next summer banner. Vaan off tickets and Kain from one multi. Not bad! I know Kain's not great in this but he's a cool character and I'm happy to have his EX either way. Didn't pull for Vaan EX the first time so happy to get it now. Know he comes back on Basch banner+his rework but nice to know I already got that one put away.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 1, 2019

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
My luck feels downright insane since coming back to the game. I've probably spent somewhere in the ballpark of 500 tickets and around 100k gems, but it's got me EX weapons for Quistis, Lenna, Rinoa, Vivi, Serah and Zack. I still have over 175k gems left and a *ton* of farmable gems between Ifrit/Shiva boards and unfinished Story/Lost Chapters.

I'll pull for Vayne soon, and Ultimecia in December. But I don't even know what else to chase right now. If we get the main character EX selector I could grab WoL or Noctis from that. Aside from that... maybe Sherlotta in November?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I'm lucky as hell in this--partially because the game hands you so many resources. I got Serah's EX in like 20-some tickets. Also got one of her perfect artifacts. Two to go! If I ever get to it.

EXs coming up before the next stream on the 26th we have Zack who just came out, Vayne, Layle(will almost certainly come with the Abyss beta event w/Squall rework also), Rydia, and Ashe on Fran's event. I think I really want to get Rydia most of all. I can probably do without Vayne until he comes back for EX+. Ashe has a guaranteed paralysis built into her EX which is interesting, though in both her iterations I have found her underwhelming compared to hype, so I am skeptical. Don't know much about Layle's. And Zack it will depend on if the Abyss beta event calls for a character like that. He is cool as heck but frankly his EX weapon is ugly as sin, and his 15 and 35 look so cool too! This game needs weapon skins yesterday.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
This is the first mobile game (and oh my god I have played way too many) I’ve played that feels so generous I can actually burn tickets on banners “just for fun”. It’s netted me Vivi and Zack EX so far.

As long as I’ve got a stockpile of gems high enough to pity three or so EXes every six months I can guarantee I’ll have at least competitive teams and at times I’ll have the absolute best bleeding edge tech.

Knowing many of these characters get a second life with their EX+ that doesn’t require anything from the gacha is freaking awesome.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Somone on Reddit came up with a Hunter's Guide. Click the link they posted, once it loads, go to File > Make A Copy, and save a copy to your Google account. Once that's done, load it up on your account, and in the first tab, you'll have a drop down box in the top left corner. Select the monster you want to murderize, and it'll tell you where you can find it, how many spawn, how many battles it has, and how efficient each quest is. It'll also put the most efficient quest at the top in it's own little box.

This is very handy for the Defeat n X Types quests that show up in the Chocobo Panel Missions.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Somone on Reddit came up with a Hunter's Guide. Click the link they posted, once it loads, go to File > Make A Copy, and save a copy to your Google account. Once that's done, load it up on your account, and in the first tab, you'll have a drop down box in the top left corner. Select the monster you want to murderize, and it'll tell you where you can find it, how many spawn, how many battles it has, and how efficient each quest is. It'll also put the most efficient quest at the top in it's own little box.

This is very handy for the Defeat n X Types quests that show up in the Chocobo Panel Missions.

You can also do the other Hunter's Guide: Wait for the events that come out after the chocobo board comes out and look for the monsters in there :D.

Seems like a neat tool though. Great if you needed the gems ASAP.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 6, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

BGrifter posted:

This is the first mobile game (and oh my god I have played way too many) I’ve played that feels so generous I can actually burn tickets on banners “just for fun”. It’s netted me Vivi and Zack EX so far.

As long as I’ve got a stockpile of gems high enough to pity three or so EXes every six months I can guarantee I’ll have at least competitive teams and at times I’ll have the absolute best bleeding edge tech.

Knowing many of these characters get a second life with their EX+ that doesn’t require anything from the gacha is freaking awesome.

EX+ is good in that sense but also sucks due to the limited availability of the Ingots you need to upgrade them. Maybe they'll change that in global and give us more of them. So lots of characters you're just not going to be able to use to their maximum potential. So while you get that boost from them it's arguably worse than if it were just another gacha thing you had to draw.

Abyss(beta) quests start tonight for global I think. Should be interesting to see how much it tests our rosters. Should probably build Vayne up.

Speaking of which, I was unloading excess tickets on Vayne just kind of throwing them and got his EX on them! This is a major coup for me that will let me do some more weird pulls. I want to do battle with Laguna, he is my nemesis in that I can't draw even his 35 despite drawing on so many banners with him on it. His EX comes with 70 awakenings. I was originally going to draw for WoL and then grab Noctis off EX tokens and skip Vayne until next round. But now I'm going to get WoL off the tokens. This'll also depend on my Rydia pulls since I want her EX.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 12, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grabbed Rydia EX after like 120 tickets and one multi. Also a couple copies of Shadow 35 which I didn't have. Not bad. Now I can wait for 70 awakenings to start before I pull on stuff again.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah it’s been fun pulling on banners like crazy but it’s time to rebuild the bank. Over the last couple months I got EX weapons for Quistis, Lenna, Rinoa, Vivi, Zack, Serah and Vayne so I’m pretty drat happy with the state of my roster.

Really the only banners that temp me between now and Christmas are Sherlotta in November and Ultimecia in December. I’ll throw some tickets at the two shots at WoL and the one Noctis banner, but no gems till at least November.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I own the following EX Weapons. Is it worth trying for Rydia's EX?

Agrias
Beatrix
Cloud
Jecht
Noctis
Onion Knight
Quistis
Rem
Sephiroth
Tidus
Vaan
Vayne
Y'shtola

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I own the following EX Weapons. Is it worth trying for Rydia's EX?

Agrias
Beatrix
Cloud
Jecht
Noctis
Onion Knight
Quistis
Rem
Sephiroth
Tidus
Vaan
Vayne
Y'shtola

It depends on your resources. She's not vital. I just pulled on her because I like how she's so green and a cool character.

You might want to try for WoL when he gets his 70 awakening in a week or so, or you could get him off the free EX token thing(assuming we get that, if we do it's next month iirc). With him and Vayne you can conquer pretty much any cosmos fight between now and Chaos/EX+ era I hear.

I think I'll pull for the character "Cinque". I didn't play her game and I know 0 about the character, I just think her big heavy mace is cool and funny. Porom I'll wait for round 2 if I pull cause I'd like to try for Yang EX.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Rydia is most definitely skippable. She's like Lulu if you have her. Cinque is also not very good. Her EX is GREAT, but takes forever to charge and everything else about her if decidedly not good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Rydia is most definitely skippable. She's like Lulu if you have her. Cinque is also not very good. Her EX is GREAT, but takes forever to charge and everything else about her if decidedly not good.

Cinque sounds pretty fun if that's the case lol. I just like watching her struggle to swing that mace around. I'm a sucker for the unique weapons. I'll pull on Relm's too if I'm liking my resources.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
One of the huge upsides to this game is being able to pull on random characters just because they look fun/interesting/you liked them in other games.

Gems are for meta characters, tickets for anyone who strikes your fancy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Lvl 70 awakenings begin tomorrow night EDT.

Artifact system will also be improved over the next two updates, with auto-enhance being introduced tomorrow and an artifact token system replacing the current WOI grind system in next months update. These are welcome changes that we're getting a good while before JP did.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

L70 will give 2 Awakening Passives. They are:
1) L68 - Passive that boosts specific stats for self or party, depending on a character's role
2) L70 - Extend passive that serves to further boost a character's Additional Ability

The first batch of L70 characters is:
Cater (with Cursed Artifact Passives, whatever that means...)
Sazh
Laguna (with his EX)
Shantotto (EX available again)
Warrior Of Light (EX available again)
Yda

We're also getting Bloom Stones
Bloom Passives require the use of 1 Bloom Token to acquire a character's Bloom Stone, then 60 Bloom Fragments to MLB its passive.
Bloom Stones cannot be equipped and must be MLBed to serve their purpose.

Alisaie Lost Chapter, EX, and L70 on September 2; Porom Event with L70 on September 5.

Act 2, Chapter 4: For Someone's Sake on September 9 featuring Yuna.

Noctis Lost Chapter, returning EX, Alternate Costume, and L70 on September 13; Cinque Event with L70 on September 16; Selphie Lost Chapter and returning EX on September 23.

Cinque will bring us to 101 characters, so they'll be celebrating that starting on September 9. It will have a Co-Op First Meet Reset (whatever that means), letting you earn 200 Gems per meet, up to 20 times, for a total of 4,000 Gems, double Cycle Quest Rewards, and a Twitter Campaign for Gems, High Crystals, High Shards, and Stamina Potions.

The second batch of L70 characters is coming on September 19:
Faris
Ramza (EX available again)
Seven
Terra (EX available again)
Yuna (with her EX)
Zack

I got all info from DissidiaDB on Twitter.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

...what weird sets of characters to start with 70. i don't pay much attention to jp so i'd assumed it'd be similar to the order of ex releases.

oh well, i started playing this game when sazh's 35cp came out early and he was godlike, i look forward to king sazh again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sadly Sazh doesn't become great again like that. Level 60-70 is a marginal upgrade compared to 50-60 also. They do switch things up a little bit so it's not the exact same cycle of characters, hence someone like Zack being so early when he was so late to get his 50-60. I think Rydia is in the 5th wave if we keep following JP.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Now I just have to remain patient. I’ll throw a few tickets at Noctis and WoL, but no gems till at least Sherlotta in November and maybe even Ultimecia in December.

Having some early 70s would be nice, but most of the early ones are pretty bad. Blindly stumbling into Zack EX at least gives me one out of the first two batches.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also on the stream they confirmed that the EX Token shop will be discussed on the next stream(and may have implied that the next stream will be sooner than usual). So we'll be able to select an EX weapon for one of the main characters from FF 1-15, assuming we follow JP. I think you have to beat some Heretics to get the tokens for it.

I have Shantotto EX, actually the first EX I ever drew and a complete accident. I have one copy of her 15 and 35 also. I'll probably throw tickets at that banner to get WoL EX and more copies of his 35 and Shantotto's stuff for LBs. And if I have enough stuff left over I will try for Laguna as well.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 28, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Managed to grab both Laguna and WoL without much trouble! Pulled some more on Lagunas which i never do so I could get his 35 passive and use him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't care about any of the characters in the first two batches, so I'll just save up for later.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Finally got my Lightning EX.

I like Lightning. I also like Noctis but he was my first EX so it'll be nice to go through his lost chapter for freebies.

Mostly sticking to characters I like rather than the meta.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Honestly that's the best strategy unless you're having trouble clearing content. Or if your favorite character is Cater.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Really you can do fine with a wide variety of characters. Especially if you pick up the occasional meta support character.

That said, it sure is fun having the hot meta character at the peak of their power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I like to have the meta characters as a failsafe but yeah sometimes the global DFFOO culture of dread-march-toward-the-meta is very tiresome. "I have 550k gems and not pulling now until Ultimecia". I like to think of them as my "Ultrazord" like the Power Rangers had in their old show. Yeah they could have just brought that thing out at the very beginning and wiped out whatever baddie was terrorizing the town instantly. But where's the fun in that??

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 30, 2019