Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Saved 25k gems for Squall weapon, came up with enough poo poo to limit break both Tifa and Zidane. Wooooo.

Does anyone know if you can use 10x draw tickets for the guaranteed 5* or do we have to do them as singles?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Vitamean posted:

My guess would be no, based on other games with draw tickets, but I'm not gonna sit on them to find out. Gotta satiate that gacha lust.

E: Looked around the subreddit and got clued in to a hot tip for leveling: after you've got some dudes that hit level 10 you can pop into either of the Level 20 nodes in the World of Illusions and autobattle for some easy exp. It won't be pretty starting out, and at one point I looked over to see one of my characters dead in the last fight, but it's worked out pretty well, and the constant level ups will keep increasing your rank and refilling your SP.

Yeah I have been doing the higher level ones for better chracter XP and crystals and then popping over to the low level one with a group. I'll probably have everyone in the game to level 20 before long while I work on getting Warrior, Cloud, Vaan, Terra, Yshtola, and Squall to 50/50.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The last level of the event was much more engaging than I was expecting for an opening event. Ultimately took it down with WOL, Squall, and Cloud with careful application of Buckler and paralysis.

Pretty much getting a character from everyone crystal color to level 40+ with crystal strength 30 and will work from there.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there any things in the Lion's Heart event worth grinding? Didn't pay close enough attention to what they dropped.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any good maps for the lowest level crystal farm? I have tons of the 2nd and 3rd tier from coop rewards and am starved for the lowest poo poo. Kind of thinking that might be where I drop my keys and double item totems - low level daily dungeon.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ratzap posted:

I just noticed another odd thing. Rank up doesn't seem to be tied to XP or anything but rather to levels gained on units. I'd taken Vaan, Yuna and Terra to the illusions with Vaan carrying the other 2. They leveled like mad from 1 run and I got a rank up. 2 runs another rank up, 2 runs another rank up. Earlier I'd been grinding a different much higher level party which hadn't leveled much but had made a lot of XP. So it stands to reason that it's levels gained that get you rank up.
That would suggest there's a rank cap of some sort once everything is maxxed out.

And the cap will rise as they release new characters.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Yea I'd say thats a keeper. Plus you can roll on the other banner for Squall and Zidane and you'll be set for a good long while

I have a once limit broken Squall after ~6 rolls, probably will have enough gems to do it once or twice more before its over. Must max my waifu. (And now level/strengthen Zidane and Tifa because I've limit broken them both + some power gems in the process).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Time to Start Hoarding

I might try one more pull at Squall's banner to get his sword to 6* (seeing as I need 1 more power stone or sword and already have 6* Zidane and Tifa weapons) and then i'm pretty much hording until 35 CP weapons. No new characters interest me for quite a while from here, and I'll have a pretty solid stable of 5* and 6* weapons to use everyone even if they don't get affinity bonuses.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

J3ng4 posted:

I haven't seen a 6* weapon yet, I thought 5* was the highest. Is there anyway to upgrade the rarity of the item (5*->6*)? I'm assuming not because they are named differently. Soon I'm going to be working on Onion Knight, any chance he is decent?

Limit break 3x and then hit max level.

e; Does Marlboro award level 3 crystals or only level 2? I have 5 characters in the mid 40s on crystal strength and just need level 3s, or level 1s to pump random dudes to 20.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 9, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

J3ng4 posted:

Beat Rush rocks. Builds Brave so fast.

I've been loving Terra just like most of you in this thread. I wish I pulled Yuna's weapon because Esuna seems pretty good for later on and I don't know if there are other Healy types other than Rem.

Healing seems pretty bad when damage is so preventable, Esuna is pretty great for Completing things with debuffs.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm actually having a lot of success with Yshtola as I go through chapter 5 hard. Stone pings all of the slimes and poo poo, and Medica is hysterical.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

When's the Vaan banner I'm about to his Crystal Level 50 on him and goddamnit I'm using Bartz's sword still on him.

:same:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

Behemoth is a great, if unpredictable, source of small crystals. Marlboro gives mediums and occasionally larges. The left branch of World of Illusions gives crystals as well.

The best source is always the daily events for specific colored crystals. Complete the highest tier you can and you should make steady progress. They are also some of the best places for EXP too!

I just do double item book with a key and auto the highest level daily with 50s.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

I didn’t even think about using a double item book, but it makes sense. I will probably start buying keys with DP soon, because it doesn’t sound like the Limit Break crystals get added to that store for a while. After the first couple, the only way to buy books is with premium currency right?

Didn't even know LB crystlas get there, but I've been buying keys because the keys are limited to 5 a week and you get 100 points a day, and you are capped at 1000. So even buying every key you'll still cap out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Combo posted:

Double item, double xp book crystal runs are great leveling and crystal farming. I have terra in the 40s just from unlocking green crystal dungeon like twice.

Double XP book just save for a character you want to use in their dungeon later. XP is "free" as you can just grind it out in any level without energy cost.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Elentor posted:

So far the entire content available in this game is very trivial compared to the stuff in Mobius if you've played both. I've been playing this game to chill before I sleep and it's pretty soothing.

Pretty much everything outside of the fifth level of Squall's event has been trivial. Meant to check, does the JP version get harder in later chapters/events?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Love Machine posted:

I got a 5* pull for both Squall and Cecil's weapons, which would be the more desirable one for me to make my friend unit?
Edit: Also is it worth it to keep pulling for the purposes of limit breaking weapons or can that be done without duplicates?

Squall is really useful to put up on your support unit as he just melts things. Cecil is much more niche in going wide with BRV.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Phyresis posted:

https://twitter.com/DissidiaFFOO/status/962430978290540544

Vanille seems to be coming out tomorrow, which means that our release schedule is greatly accelerated from the Japanese one. I guess they're trying to catch us up?

That's what happened with FFRK, led to cool overlap between events where you could use the gems/orbs from one to further bet on the previous.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Does the xp book stack with 2x xp on event heroes? I’m finding the levelling has really slowed down in the mid-40’s and I want to start carrying other meta toons to a usable level.

Levels don't actually matter that much next to Crystal Strength or gear. I ran the first level SP thing until everyone was 20 and have just been cycling people into my usual group until everyone is 40+. Don't worry about getting 50's outside of whoever you're setting as your support.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Who's the best Summon? Right now, I'm using Siren.

Depends on what you're doing. I pretty much use Shiva for Marlboro and Ifrit for everything else.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Love Machine posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that. I'm also finding Cecil to be less useful when it comes to like the boss of the event and single target stuff.

Cecil is useful for the hard mode levels with 3 mannequins for instantly breaking them all.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Love Machine posted:

I did a pull on the new banner and got the Vanille weapon first try, but Esuna boost seems really good, should I try for the Yuna weapon or keep hoarding gems for when the real good stuff comes out?

I'm skipping this draw entirely.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Love Machine posted:

Cool I'll keep hoarding the rest of my gems then. I'm mostly following the "let the NT buster sword carry you" advice, I just felt itchy to draw.

I have fully maxed out Squall, WOL, Zidane, and Tifa weapons with a smattering of other random poo poo. About the only thing I'm missing is a usable rod/staff for black mage types. Would love to luck into an NT buster code, but otherwise I'm probably just waiting for 35 CP weapons as the next character I care about is Kain.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I'm skipping every draw for the next four months.

:same: Unless Kain is in there somewhere.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tormented posted:

What summon are people suggesting to run and upgrade?

I'm running Sylph for this event for the debuff resist. I generally run Ifrit for the attack boost. I can see Odin being useful for alpha strikes in a full sword team. They're all pretty useful with limited resource competition.

Level 5 of the event is actually pretty tough.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Not leveling a mage is really kicking my rear end in this Vanille event. My party is usually Vaan/Squall/Cloud and while they chew through everything with physical attacks having to face a magic-oriented enemy like that red knight is pretty terrible.

I've got the characters, levels, and crystal strength, but I could really use better weapons. Might just level up my 3* stuff.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I have no 5* anything outside Cloud, Vaan, WoL. Is it worth leveling a mage and using some sort of 4* staff?

I have Terra using my WOL 6* and cleaning house.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wow, Cloud's THIRD weapon is out already....

Cloud
Yda
Sazh

I was expecting next monday

This is a 15 CP weapon right?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Was breezing through the Ex level thinking "this isn't so bad" until the Chimera started buffing itself. Good lord that went south fast.

e; Vanille doesn't have nearly enough Dispel charges to get through those buffs, I may just bring Bartz to two hand through the early fight and Missile through the late 8k brave thunderstorms.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is there any point to keeping 3* or 4* weapons then?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

KnoxZone posted:

Two new coop fights coming out tonight.

Nice, haven't done coop in a while. Though I probably should seeing as Behemoth is the best way to get level 1 crystals. I have 700+ of every color level 2, but basically none in level 1 or 3.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Note that leveling in this game is really really easy and you can pretty easily get everyone to level 50 at the rate content is coming out. Tier list is really only useful for helping prioritize which banners to pull on and how to prioritize dropping your crystals.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Where's the best place to farm the T1 thingies for Ifrit? I need 20 to level him up to 5, but I only have 8.

You need so many of these goddamn things. I am level 17 Ifrit and I have tons of 3* and 4* Heatra, but nowhere near the hundreds of 1* and 2* needed.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I’m finding it evened out a little by level 19. The final level requires 750/200/100/50 and I think the 3*s might be what takes an extra run or two of part 6.

Each run of part 6 usually gives around 80-100 T1.

I have mostly been running part 5 because I can auto through almost all of it with a party in the low 40s, really only looking over to make sure to use a summon and some spells in the last 25% of the chimera. I should just suck it up and pay enough attention to farm out the last of what I need on part 6. I have 127x 3* and 105x 4* left at level 17, so I should get any additional 3* while grinding out 1* and 2*.

Are there any other uses for Heatra after Ifrit or once you have level 20 you're better off just farming claws from part 2 or orbs/crystals from that part 3 split?

e; Im gonna burn some keys on Blue Crystal dungeon, Cloud, Zidane, and Laguna all need the good stuff.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 18, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Does Ifrit Ex drop Heatra? I completely forget what was on it when I cleared it and just realized it is only 5 SP.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

enahs posted:

Ifrit EX drops like 1 or 2 items for each treasure, so it's not worth farming except for the missions.

Need to still get that no-breaks, pretty sure I need to just bring Cloud and save my summon for the latter half of the Chimera fight and try to burn him down before enduring too many rounds of powered up lightning and fire. Then pray for a lucky paralysis or two.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Aww helllllllllll yeah.

So, uhhh, what are you gonna do for the next 10 days of this trial?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Probably farm orbs to max out a few more weapons. If I finish everything I've got I could switch to the crystals fork I guess.

If it drops level 1 shards it'd be worth it. I'm in that lovely space where I have 999 of all tier 2s. And don't really need weapon upgrade mats because I'm not pulling.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

silvergoose posted:

So is my plan of "I got 2x WoL, 2x Cloud, 1x Vaan and I'm going to wait until 35cp comes before doing any more pulls" at all reasonable, or is that stupid and hoarderish? I can mostly complete all content...also I have 2x some other sword and stuck it on terra.

You might have some trouble hitting the Complete goals on Ex levels in Trials or the last part of character events, but you'll be able to clear and progress np. Hell, I Completed the Setzer event my first try with just random dudes with swords and completely ignoring the Avian mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

First banner with 35cp weapons is the Ramza banner. This reddit post guesses April 24th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/wiki/characterevents

That one has 35cp weapons for Ramza and Zidane. Next one has Ace and Bartz. Seymour and Terra. Sabin and WoL. For some super long term hoarding you’ll want to save a fuckton of gems for the late July banner as that’s Vaan and Ashe.

As always these things are subject to change and I’ve heard mention of festivals like in FFRK where a bunch of good relics end up on one banner. But it at least gives us a general idea what to expect in the first year.

I'm hoping they pull a FFRK and do a super banner of 4+ 35 CP weapons. I've already got both maxed out Zidane weapons and his armor, though, so getting his 35 CP weapon would turn him into a complete murder beast...