Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
ID: 733622981

I've got a pretty beefy Cloud up atm with the Dissidia NT bonus weapon. I've been yolo pulling with all my gems but I have 5 weapons for a lot of my dudes. Really enjoying the game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Aerox posted:

I just pulled two Ogrenixes for Cloud of of the draw.

Do I need to wait to "Limit Break" until I've maxed out the enhancement levels of one of them, or is it safe to go ahead and feed one straight into the other?

Go for it. It'll actually give your weapon a few levels.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Added myself to the doc. Almost finished leveling Vaan, with Terra and Yuna in the mix atm. Yuna alone is worth it for farming Malboro coop. Esuna can knock like 5 or 6 turns off and gives a nice chunk of BRV. And buffing Terra up to drop 7k meteors at lvl 25 is amazing.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Combo posted:

Do you have their weapons? I've just been leveling people who I have things for so I don't know how useable someone is if you have no items for them because I just haven't tried yet.

I don't have Terra's 5* so so she's using a nearly maxed out Enhancer (WoL's sword). I kinda went pull crazy starting out but I did get a pretty wide variety of weapons. Still don't have a 5* fist but I'm not worried about it atm.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Aerox posted:

What's considered the ideal party makeup? One melee attack, one ranged attack, one magic? One physical, one magic, one support?

I got 5* weapons for Cloud (Limit Broken once), Bartz (Limit Broken once), WoL, Yuna, Ace, and Steiner. Right now I'm running Cloud/Bartz/WoL, but maybe I should swap out WoL for Yuna?

I'd swap Bartz for Yuna. WoL's shield and taunt make him handy for helping to burn down enemies/not get broken. Bartz is decent but 99% of enemies can be broken with a strong attacker and missle is kinda useless on most fights right now.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Enhance a 4* or 5* weapon/armor with a copy of itself, up to 3 times and then max out it's level to permanently unlock it's passive ability. Also 4*s will become a 5* after you completely limit break and level them.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Any time. It'll actually give the base weapon some xp too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Esuna is real good for pumping everyone's BRV up quickly too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've mostly focused on the x2 xp guys. World of Illusion and the daily crystals can get a lvl 1 person to 30+ really fast. After that you can auto grind a couple spots based on the strength of your team for easy xp.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
EX Chimera pushed my poo poo in lol. I was definitely not prepared. Gonna have to rejigger my party and try again.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Went back in with Cloud, WoL, and Vanille. Managed to get all the objectives done. WoL got knocked down to about 250 hp but I managed the kill before he got finished off. If I had to do it again I'd probably trade Cloud for Zidane or Bartz to shred his BRV when it gets up super high. Otherwise it's pretty manageable if you keep your BRV up when he targets All and try to keep his own BRV as low as possible. And dispel his buffs.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I pulled hard for at least one of every weapon type but whiffed on fists and throwing. I got a good smattering of everything else though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Love Machine posted:

I was 2 turns off a perfect clear of the EX Chimera. :negative:

I think if I just pump some more crystal levels in Squall I can do this pretty easily, I was playing it super safe for the break goal.

I love this game's battle system compared to Brave Exvius, I'm like putting thought in to fights and raising characters instead of just having a top tier unit with TMRs carry everything. I hope this keeps up as much as you can with a gacha game.

:same:

I've seen a lot of complaints about how the combat isn't deep like FFBE but I 100%'ed every event and trial and I couldn't tell you when I used more than 3 abilities on any one character. At least here you have to adjust on the fly, especially if you're trying to complete objectives.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Another thing to consider is how well characters synergize with each other. Even if they're not great on their own they may be awesome with the right party setup.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I broke the #1 gacha rule and chased Setzer's 5*. 10k gems and 30 tickets later I have a maxed out Laguna weapon and armor. Oh well, Laguna is pretty awesome anyways.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Game sorely needs a "Fire in the hole!" sticker that I can use every time I chuck a grenade with Laguna.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Terra is also pretty beastly but dropping big damage takes a little setup/planning.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ratzap posted:

You say that but I just don't get the way combat works out right now. It's supposed to be build BRV to max, break the other guy and smack him for HP damage without getting a break back (and gifting him tons of BRV) right? Repeat till opponent is dead.

Take the L40 Vanille fight as an example. Getting to the 4th battle is easy enough but how are you supposed to beat the golem thing? Every time I build up BRV it smacks everybody at once giving itself a huge amount and half kills someone before I can get it back down. Breaking it and hitting it for HP damage does a bit but then it goes berserk and you're really hosed. Is there some char this has to be done with or a cheesy trick?

You need Vanille to dispel him when he casts berserk on himself.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've seen posts talking about how Laguna is only good for AOE stuff since his 2 abilities are AOE, but he gets a passive at crystal level 40 or 45 that makes them do 1.6x damage on single targets. They hit for big chunks of damage and can max his BRV out quick.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ubiquitus posted:

They seem to be doing a pretty good job of releasing heroes with numbers that provide good value in gemeral and for specific fights, I've been shifting my teams around a lot since the game started.

Yeah same, I've been using whoever has x2 experience like 99% of the time and been doing fine. I'm sure that'll change at some point but I like just using whoever and it not be a big pain.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ratzap posted:

I'll find a friend one cos mines still L1. Thanks for the info but It's a bit poo poo that you need particular chars to do something. I suppose thats the FF way though.

Here's mine if you want to use her.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've been using Laguna since he's my strongest guy and haven't had a ton of trouble. The comps don't seem to matter as much as their overall strength. Any 50/50 unit with at least a lvl 15 Ifrit has worked fine as long as they don't blow all their skills on Chimera and summon on bone dragon at the right time. The biggest hurdle is trying to communicate this with stickers.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Galuf is pretty awesome. I wonder if his low JP ranking is because he hasn't gotten level 60 yet? I'm really interested to see how he does on the lvl 60 coop.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The only ones worth leveling are the 4* ones, but you limit break them with copies of itself just like weapons and armor. Use the 2* & 3* to level them up and then once you max it's level you'll get a couple random passive abilities you can equip on your character.

Here's the first one I completed for Balthier. The passives that unlock can be stat or ability boosts.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 7, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
When does the x2 cycle quest end?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finally finished the 2 million Balthier event grind. I ground a lot of it half paying attention while watching TV at night so I was probably one of the bad pubbies. Can't wait to turn these tickets into 3* weapons and armor!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, it gets fairly strategic once you get into the harder fights. Resource management and learning when to BRV/HP attack become pretty important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've completed it twice with Eiko, Cloud, and Bartz but my score was barely enough to get the gems. I may swap Bartz for Vaan and try to burst him down.