Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«20 »
FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

drat, that card doesn’t look too bad. Platinum Mike, Andrade, and a swangin’n’bangin main event. OSP sometimes does cool poo poo too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Angela Hill (in the FOX prelims) always puts on an exciting fight too.

spb
Nov 11, 2013

FishBowlRobot posted:

drat, that card doesn’t look too bad. Platinum Mike, Andrade, and a swangin’n’bangin main event. OSP sometimes does cool poo poo too.

Yah.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I forgot Mike Perry was fighting.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/alexjoates11/st...202814861631488

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

good luck to powerful r-word mike perry on successfully removing his opponent's clothes tonight after the disastrous dry run at the weigh ins

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Gonzaga Karate is back!

Marching Powder posted:

To my eyes, jacare has crazy subs, and legitimately scary power in his hands, but his wrestling was never better than pretty good and his technical ability with his hands is limited. Essentially, his skill set means he should be able to annihilate everyone except the championship echelon. And that's pretty much how his career played out.

If he had better wrestling to utilise his subs or better technical striking to land his power, he'd be champ. But he doesn't. So he isn't.

idk his only actual loss in the last like seven years is whittaker, who's extremely good. i think jacare could easily have been champion if he didn't get robbed against yoel and got to fight rockhold again, or bisping, or whoever was champ.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Gonzaga Karate is back!

jacare vs. bisping at the height of his power would have been a really fun fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

Foul Fowl posted:

idk his only actual loss in the last like seven years is whittaker, who's extremely good. i think jacare could easily have been champion if he didn't get robbed against yoel and got to fight rockhold again, or bisping, or whoever was champ.

i agree, he could easily be a champion, but i won't be sitting back in slack jawed amazement that he hasn't quite gotten there.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Jacare might have beaten Bisping, maybe.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Jacare might not have the most tools in his box on the feet, but he hits hard enough to cause Bisping problems and can pressure guys enough that I could imagine him forcing Bisping into bad habits. Jacare's not a Maia style guy and I don't think he'd dash himself upon the rocks of Bisping's takedown defense until he gassed, though it is of course a possibility. I think it'd be like the GSP fight where Bisping eventually absorbs a shot that leads to a finish on the ground, but with an actual middleweight and not a retired guy dying from rear end problems.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

the real what if is what if misaki never retired before he got folded into the ufc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the real what if is what if misaki never retired before he got folded into the ufc

well he had that fight of the year with jorge santiago

then we have jorge's entire ufc career

Misaki beating up Paul Daley and then retiring is the best mma retirement since Genki sudo

go out on a win

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

yeah but imagine how good of a fight misaki losing to carlos condit could have been

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jacare seems reasonably happy to stand up with people .. plus and this is just my personal feeling but i think he has the je ne sais quois that maia maybe lacks, hes an impressive athlete. additionally he looks sort of like a moai statue without the caked on pigeon poo poo though that doesnt really have anything to do with anything

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

Kelvins hands are very nice, possibly even borat voice very nice. I like the fight

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

I.N.R.I posted:

jacare seems reasonably happy to stand up with people .. plus and this is just my personal feeling but i think he has the je ne sais quois that maia maybe lacks, hes an impressive athlete. additionally he looks sort of like a moai statue without the caked on pigeon poo poo though that doesnt really have anything to do with anything

Uh hi, ariel helwani mma fighting, so what you're saying basically is he has a long face?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No need to apologise when I am right, like usual.

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Uh hi, ariel helwani mma fighting, so what you're saying basically is he has a long face?

ariel helwani here, follow up question, do you think he could grow a nice beard on his long face? what kind of beard does he like? would he shave his neck or leave it? what about the moustache would he let it grow longer than the rest?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Can we squash the beef?

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Can someone clue me into what's driven the evolution of Jeremy Stephens' striking? I always had the mental image of him being a pretty typical stand-and-bang-er with dynamite in his fists, but he looked pretty crafty against Giblert with his kicks and Superboy with his feints.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Do we have any realistic idea of what a high-level lightweight or welterweight will weigh when getting into the cage?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Do we have any realistic idea of what a high-level lightweight or welterweight will weigh when getting into the cage?

On average, +15-20

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

On average, +15-20

So 170-175 / 185-190. That's what I thought. Thanks.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

An ill wind blows no minds.

Lipstick Apathy

Am I missing a GDT or are people really not enjoying Rani Yahya styling on Russell Doane right now?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Wise Learned Man posted:

Am I missing a GDT or are people really not enjoying Rani Yahya styling on Russell Doane right now?

Make one

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS

he knows..

Pretty sure Yahya might have got mildly concussed there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

I missed this version of Sam Alvey

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

An ill wind blows no minds.

Lipstick Apathy

I still think Alvey is a boring turd, but that was pretty neat. It helped that dude marched right up to him with his chin in the air like that, but still.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I missed this version of Sam Alvey

same, there's a gdt now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/xhkDqVS.jpg

Goons are trash and a putrid forum culture is the reason why nobody new registers. At best you're 30+ year old failed twitter "comedians" and tolerate this pig because he has the same normie sports hobby as you do.

Neeber posted:

Can someone clue me into what's driven the evolution of Jeremy Stephens' striking? I always had the mental image of him being a pretty typical stand-and-bang-er with dynamite in his fists, but he looked pretty crafty against Giblert with his kicks and Superboy with his feints.

He started training at Alliance with Dominick Cruz.

«20 »