Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Touchbutt in the park -- not looking good for Rockhold's chances:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlj8CJslrPw
"I wanted to get back with him, what they call the law of attraction, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what the gently caress is a yana kunitskaya

Is that like a josuke higashikata?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

It was like "I thought gender neutrality was a joke, but it's real and I'm disgusted." He definitely used "pussification"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

He seems to completely discount Yoel's cross arm / turtle guard. If Rockhold was kicking to the body a lot more, it wouldn't be useful, but for the shorter guy to deflect incoming straight punches, it's not a bad technique, especially as Yoel seemed to have Rockhold's respect for takedown threat off body kicks.

I like the shoutout for Adenaya's waist flick jab. Not for everyone but if you have good reflexes and a reach advantage, can definitely be a good tool.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Rockhold's punch combos are too slow. He has the speed, but still fires out strikes at half the tempo he needs to. He needs to get to another comfort level to really open up, to be able to cover more ground while punching in, to quit a combo early, and to draw enough defensive commitment to land kicks on open targets. His jab has so much promise, but we'll see what happens between fights.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Guys saying "he sounds nothing like Mark Hunt! I think it's just some fat Samoan."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

ATTN INRI (and I guess pimp cauldron)
Was at the bike show, and Conor McGregor's training bike was there. The paint job is pretty impresive.

His cardio coach was junior national cycling champ and told Conor to cross-train cycling. He went from some cheapo Chinese knockoff bike to this, which is prob 8-10k street price.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

threeagainstfour posted:

Sage doesn’t move his head at all and seemed to get the worst of every exchange.

I think as TAM mold him, switching to a more conventional range is going to expose the lack of convectional defense until it really clicks, if it ever does.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Neeber posted:

Can someone clue me into what's driven the evolution of Jeremy Stephens' striking? I always had the mental image of him being a pretty typical stand-and-bang-er with dynamite in his fists, but he looked pretty crafty against Giblert with his kicks and Superboy with his feints.

I think one thing that's been hugely in his favor is his power. He knows he's got it, so he can dial back the pace and aggression and look for better openings. I think just by being less willing to engage, his defense has improved, where in the past, he was solidly in take one to land one territory.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Also, what is the deal with DC's mic setup? How many times has it been that he's sounded like he's talking into his hand?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

For once Ariel asks the questions people want answers to.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

TheTofuShop posted:

How the hell fighters are still independent contractors baffles me to no end.

The state is not going to organize them for them. And they're clearly not able to do it themselves.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the zoom out to malki kawa when jon says his manager forged his signature. magnificent.
Any month there's an NSAC hearing, that should get top OP billing.
e: athletic commission -- dammit

I'm sad that the phone call genius from Anderson's hearing couldn't sneak his way in somehow.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2018 around 22:40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

Has anyone screenshotted those two sections and tweeted them at both the real Jon Jones and the chubby white guy?

• Locked thread