Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

quote:

"She was in pain, she got hurt in the first exchange, and told me in between rounds that she hurt her knee but I told her to shut up."

Consistent with the amount of a poo poo her corner gave about her well being throughout the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cyber Dog posted:

Woodley is really pulling for Nate, seems like Nate is game this time as long as he gets enough of a camp.

Lolling thinking about rda's reaction to this if it goes ahead

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

not bad as an appetizer. make the diaz fight dana.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's cool how Conor McGregor made me think this was a normal person sport now but in reality is still a carni operation catering specifically to the 'pantastic body' Asian dude but for a steroid-augmented Brazilian woman and there's thousands of them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

What a disgrace. How did that fight ever get booked? Unbelievable. Yama-sucks-me-off more like. Huh? Cyborg is booked to fight a woman who shouldn't be within a thousand yards of a cage with cyborg in it? Cool. Cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Everyone who can't make 185 is a heavyweight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Johny Hendricks vs Mark Hunt.

Precisely.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gus's ko of glover was pretty as gently caress and his title shots against both Jones and DC are 2 of the best fights ever seen at 205. Gus is loving cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Will Brooks got cut, by the way.

That's sad. I won a lot of money betting against him. He deserved a nom for biggest underperformer because holy poo poo lol was he ineffectual.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Relatively? Way, way worse imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I am very offended for Kevin Lee vis a vis mild criticism of Kevin Lee; so mild it borders on indifference really. Poor Kevin Lee. Just trying to make a buck.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Matt Lindland posted:

I don’t like the new scoring where it’s easier to get an 8-10 round I liked the old system of
10-9: anything from a close round to an asskicking
10-8: the judge feels the ref was wrong to not stop the fight
10-7: one of the fighters is Danny “Boy” Downes

This is my Ocarina of Time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Conor only has one of those three things.

*farts*

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

can't wait to find out which one of those 3 things got him into the mid 8 digits for a single fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Floyd is intensely unlikable and uncharismatic and he made like 300 million dollars for one fight.

*farts*

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

*scribbling rain man equations across three blackboards* THE MAN IS INTENSELY UNLIKABLE PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE HE HAS *points with ruler* ZERO CHARISMA, BEATS WOMEN, FIGHTS LIKE HE'S TRYING TO WORK UP THE COURAGE TO ASK HIS FIRST BOYFRIEND OUT AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING HIM 300 MILLION TO FIGHT A FILO POLITICIAN?!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

He still gassed very, very badly against floyd but at leasts hes training cardio

Being able to box for 9 rounds with a boxer so far above your level it was considered a circus fight in his first professional boxing match was the most impressive display of gas I've seen from Conor. He was actually still fighting about 5 rounds past where I expected him to gas and die.

.... Conor McGregor.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

There are professional boxers with half a hundred fights that are completely gassed in the championship rounds - only 3-6 minutes more than Conor - and they're fighting people that don't completely outclass them so severely that everyone is only watching to see when exactly it is they die.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

he looked great, fought pretty lovely tho

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ah, conor mcgregor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Memento posted:

Jacare vs. Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224. That's actually a pretty intriguing fight. I could see Kelvin getting the better of Jacare.

jacare won't get kelvin down and kelvin's hand speed and power will be way too much for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah kelvin's in a weird spot. he didn't just lose to weidman, he got bullied.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

I'm pretty sure Kelvin annihilated weidman at one point? Didn't he drop him hard at the end of round one

yeah. here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-JQD15xtL0

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Memento posted:

Yeah blasted him really hard, probably would have got him if it wasn't for the bell.

he made his way back to his feet on a single leg and then was defending against the fence like with vitor's rush when the bell sounded and he jogged back to his corner

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

maybe he needed to take a really big poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sad state of affairs that the penultimate piece of trash on the trash pile that chris weidman took an emergency poo poo on is going to annihilate jacare and fight for the title.

actually kelvin / whittaker would be cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Instead of arguing about it I just watched it. Weidman dropped into the cage assfirst, but his neck didn't go limp. He grabbed a desperation single and rode out the last 10 seconds. He was lucid when talking to his corner and sharp at the begining of the next round.

It was a bad spot but by no means desperate like when Weidman got smashed by Romero or Moose.

Correct. But besides that, the fight was over 10 minutes long and kelvin had a full 10 seconds of anything resembling success. It was not a close fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mate told me kevin lee is fighting barboza. that would be sick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

To my eyes, jacare has crazy subs, and legitimately scary power in his hands, but his wrestling was never better than pretty good and his technical ability with his hands is limited. Essentially, his skill set means he should be able to annihilate everyone except the championship echelon. And that's pretty much how his career played out.

If he had better wrestling to utilise his subs or better technical striking to land his power, he'd be champ. But he doesn't. So he isn't.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

idk his only actual loss in the last like seven years is whittaker, who's extremely good. i think jacare could easily have been champion if he didn't get robbed against yoel and got to fight rockhold again, or bisping, or whoever was champ.

i agree, he could easily be a champion, but i won't be sitting back in slack jawed amazement that he hasn't quite gotten there.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Do we have any realistic idea of what a high-level lightweight or welterweight will weigh when getting into the cage?

On average, +15-20

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I missed this version of Sam Alvey

same, there's a gdt now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ugh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

cub's response of 'i'm not a fan of this, or you' was great. colby is a penis.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

That's a shame, there should absolutely be a 165 division and belt.

E and 170 becomes 175. Then 185, then open weight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

Who would be the best 165 fighter in the world? RDA?

well, to hear conor tell it it was very nearly frankie edgar

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i want to fookin fight in a division that doesn't exist against a guy who might be able to weigh 156 if we allow him to wear track pants and a shirt at the weigh ins

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

barboza / lee is confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

frankie will bash him up on the feet too. i don't think it will be frankie / yair bad, but it might be. hope t-city's hail mary subs are in tip top shape.

• Locked thread