Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Travis Browne's name has vanished from the rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

El Roncho posted:

Yamasaki looks at Brazilian girl being pounded into hamburger while mounted

"And now you have earned it; your chance to be a warrior."

[Yamasaki whispering into Cachoiera's ear:] bear witness to the fitness of the modern warrior

[Turning to her weeping family in the front row:] BOOM! Another hit is landing!

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Woodley needs to win a few more fights before he deserves a fight with Nate.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Rigel posted:

The people who blamed the UFC matchmaking for the Shevchenko debacle are loving idiots because anyone else would have stopped it quickly.

lol

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I.N.R.I posted:

probably all kinds of stuff .. if youre going to go around calling yourself dynamic then you should at least be able to securely fasten yourself to a wide range of objects

You are correct.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Marching Powder posted:

Everyone who can't make 185 is a heavyweight.

Johny Hendricks vs Mark Hunt.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

That's all true, but it's worth nothing that Rockhold's problem with his chin isn't down to weight-cutting anywhere near as much as it is down to his absolutely porous and pedestrian boxing defense.

As much as people like to harp on about Bisping not having any power, the man knows how to throw a punch and Parillo has helped him greatly in putting his weight behind his most meaningful punches and power is one of the less meaningful things when it comes to knocking out someone with bad defence and a tendency to overextend themselves.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Gus would KO Rockhold without much trouble.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Will Brooks got cut, by the way.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Lee had a great first round against a slow-starter who's very hittable early on. I think he'd lose a rematch in pretty much the same fashion.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I think you mean Gus #FinishedTheFight.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Matt Lindland posted:

I think he drilled that for RDA because it makes literally no sense to wing giant uppercuts from the outside at a diaz

Afterwards he put up an instagram post bragging about how many times he threw it and how badass it was.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Skip My Posts posted:

it was pretty badass

It was but he got stunned and finished trying to throw it so I think he just panicked in that fight and was throwing whatever he could to try and put Nate away

He also landed a really clean one under Nate's high guard in the first round which snapped Nate's head back and I think that probably made him commit to it.

Dan Didio fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2018 around 00:50

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Skip My Posts posted:

He never raped and pillaged that Brazilian favela either

You're not a real champion until you do.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Untrustable posted:

I don't understand Kevin Lee. I watch a lot of fights and Lee has been in the UFC since 2014 and didn't pop up even near my radar until his fight with Michael Chiesa. He looked ok in there and maybe I need to go back and watch some of his fights. Any suggestions that showcase his skillset really well?

Vs Leonardo Santos.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I forgot Mike Perry was fighting.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Jacare might have beaten Bisping, maybe.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

If Frankie gets Ortega down and holds him down it's going to get really ugly for T-City, really fast.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I think it'll be competitive on the feet for the most part, Frankie'll have to be careful in close and in the clinch, but yeah. Unless Ortega can force a lot of transitions and catch Frankie out, I think he's probably going to be on the wrong end of a 30 - 27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Before it starts, when they're both pacing back and forth and the card comes up, Jon Anik says, "...in this fight, which Yair Rodriguez asked for by the way..." and for a second it's like he can see into the future.

• Locked thread