Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Pretty much. Novitsky was pretty clear in outlining to Rogan and the public that his job is to be sure fighters have everything they need to be safe and not to blow a test.

Whether or not a substance is tainted doesn't matter. The question is only have you taken something you shouldn't have. Everything else is colour.

There's testing facilities available, theres 3rd party tested lists of approved supps and there's lists of banned supplements. If you take it and it pops youre getting a ban no way around it and it's the right call. If you have no ban for a tainted supplement its way to easy for a fighter to buy something they know to be tainted, get the benefits and claim ignorance later.

For that matter theres not much reason for fighters to be taking anything other than protein powder, fish oil, vitamins and Pedialyte.

It's an open secret in the fitness/bodybuilding supplement industry that the majority are placebos at best and tainted at worst. They have a fairly powerful FDA lobby that ensures they don't have to be accurate with their labels, a random sample only has to be within 10% of the claimed protein content. There's a few companies that do 100% accurate, verified labelling, for not much more money than the sawdust-and-chocolate-flavoring bullshit supplements. There's really no reason not to be diligent, especially if your livelihood depends on passing frequent tests for PED's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Stealth Tiger posted:

I doubt anyone else was itching for it, but I have got the GDT covered for UFC 221. I came up with an idea for it and thought it would take forever since I had never heard of half the guys on the main card, but I've got it 95% done already. I'll put it up Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I am excited for this because the GDT's lately have been more thoughtful and entertaining than most of these cards. Which I don't watch.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Would it be more effective to sue to certify that they're employees and not contractors first? The first thing the article says is that they can't unionize because they're considered freelance contractors. Even though the UFC meets most of the conditions of employment, i.e. they're told when and where to show up to work, have uniforms (now), must submit to random drug tests when 'off the clock' at the UFC's behalf.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

He went further and claimed he would defend both belts.

Every 4-6 months, if I recall correctly. I believe he said he would go right back into training camp as soon as his medical suspensions ended after every fight.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

JaySB posted:

I think Cowboy realizes his 170 train is derailed and there's no real path to a title for him there whereas he has the potential to come down to 155 and make a 2-3 fight run at the title.

Can he even get down to 155 (without dying)? He's one of the 'make weight at any cost' maniacs, but isn't it supposed to get harder to cut weight as you age? He's been at 170 for a while and he's no spring chicken anymore.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

'some type of weird favoritism'.

lmao throw the book at this idiot.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

lmao his argument boils down to 'I've been winning a lot of fights, therefore I can't be on steroids'

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he said he's been working hard to improve his image and got asked like 60 times for specific examples and just went uhhhh ahhh i can't think of anything but i don't think i'm that bad

I'm amazed that he sent someone else to sign in to his public service requirements, but still maintains that he is a good person who learned his lesson.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

'If I was sitting here having done steroids and lied to you, I would feel guilty about it. But I don't feel guilty sitting here.'

What is even happening here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

UFC: Beware the Steroid Metabol-IDES of March

• Locked thread