Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan Didio posted:

[Yamasaki whispering into Cachoiera's ear:] bear witness to the fitness of the modern warrior

[Turning to her weeping family in the front row:] BOOM! Another hit is landing!

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rigel posted:

It is stupid to ever expect a corner to call a fight, to the point where we should just forget that its even a thing that can theoretically happen.

Shevchenko got mounted crucifix twice for prolonged face-punching sessions where it was not possible to defend, and Mario just stood there and watched. It was easily one of the worst-reffed fights I had ever seen.

Have you ever seen Kim Winslow ref? She basically doesn't pay attention ever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I'm going to it tomorrow, got a feeling it's going to be one of those cards where the fights are awesome despite not knowing who 80% of the fighters are

Those are the best ones.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You got a link or what?

I live in Seoul. TG is right. He and Sexiyama are TV stars here now. Sexiyama because his daughter is uber cute (according to Koreans). They even use their Korean names (Sexiyama is ethnically Korean but born and raised as a Japanese citizen).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot Middle Easy existed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For his first UFC PPV, Jimmy Smith did a pretty solid job working with Anik. Sort of wish he did the post fight interviews but whatever.

His reaction to Romero hammerfisting Rockhold's lead leg was pretty good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Auron posted:

Yeah Jimmy Smith is really really good and John Anik is getting worse. I hope we see DC/Smith sometime soon.

DC/Smith would own but you'd have to deal with some horrible play-by-play guy and honestly nobody does that well in the UFC at the moment other than maybe that British guy they pair with Dan Hardy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weidman demanding a title shot is comical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gay Horney posted:

giving Kevin Lee a title shot off the back of chiesa was so weird. never heard of either of those dudes before or since.

Same but for that Irish guy who keeps ducking Tony & Khabib.

• Locked thread