Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Luke Rockhold riding a camel everybody

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhCTG0CyFg

i heard luke rockhold being interviewed on the primary news radio station in perth and the interviewer mentioned when giving notice of the upcoming interview of that luke was alleged to be the handsomest ufc fighter. i had a chuckle that this would be notable enough for the geriatric presenter on the publicly funded radio station to mention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

Hey now, since he lost the belt he got brutally knocked out by Third Round Romero, then brutally knocked out by His Own Idiocy, then submitted a fat welterweight. Totally worthy of a title shot!

frame-by-frame analysis showed his hand was actually down in the mousasi fight.

he probably was going on to lose anyway but i still really like him as a fighter and i can dream.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

david carmichael posted:

Like i think skill wise you can say hes top 6 or whatever all time at middleweight. But i think in 10 years yhe skill gap will be just as big as it is between 2018's middleweights and 2008's middleweights. And accomplishment wise hes better than rockhold, but not really on par with anderson, bisping, hendo, franklin, belfort, etc. Weidman still has lots of time to keep building a resume of course, but as of right now i dont see him as an all time great. Merely very good.

Weidman frustrates me because his skillset is amazing, and watching him wrestle when he's not gassed is very impressive, but his gas problem coupled with what seems to be the belief once he moves into wrestle mode he doesn't need to protect his face, are such crippling flaws.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
when he lost the strikeforce title his striking was much crappier then that it is now, and it seems his gas was worse. he threw barely anything other than single strikes and was flat-footed from earlier in the fight. rockhold's hairline was also lower then, making him more powerful

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
dunno about that. my sense of timing might be off but i feel like jacare developed fully until at least towards the end of weidman's reign, and i don't think he outstrips weidman in striking or wrestling, certainly not when they're both fresh. both have shown they gas. later on he might wear weidman down, especially with how he's performed lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

To my eyes, jacare has crazy subs, and legitimately scary power in his hands, but his wrestling was never better than pretty good and his technical ability with his hands is limited. Essentially, his skill set means he should be able to annihilate everyone except the championship echelon. And that's pretty much how his career played out.

If he had better wrestling to utilise his subs or better technical striking to land his power, he'd be champ. But he doesn't. So he isn't.

disagree with the scary power comment. he's not feather fisted but he's been in plenty of fights where he was landing consistently but it wasn't having much effect. partly that was probably a technique thing which he seems to have tightened up over his recent fights, but i wouldn't say his power is 'scary'. i'd probably rate his striking technique better, too, though that's just an intuition and i'd have to rewatch his latest performances to comment meaningfully. i agree with the apparent consensus here he's a good matchup for kelvin, though.

• Locked thread