Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I feel sorry for all four of these people. Nellie's biggest problem is that there's nobody she'd be any happier with than Arthur, because there's only one person she actually likes. Her intended does come off like an upperclass twit at best and quite possibly a real rear end in a top hat but if I had to get married to someone like Nellie I would probably not be at my best either.

Another problem she has is being 14 which seems like a bad age to be expected to be suddenly okay with things you hate. Having to dance or even socialize with boys (who aren't Mell) is unacceptable and now they're marrying her off? Absolutely nobody should be surprised by whatever she does about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Oh shiiiiit we're getting into deep forbidden secrets already. My reading here is that Mell and Nellie are full siblings and Dracula is a half sister, so at least it's slightly less incest?

Also notable that Nellie is placing a lot more blame on her than on Mell. It's not like she can say no to him! In fact she already has politely and impolitely put him off and also tried to kill him once, he's more mild mannered about it than Nellie but he's got some sort of yandere potential going for him.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I wasn't expecting this to go south so soon and in his particular manner

Alopex
May 31, 2012

resurgam40 posted:

and a lot of other people sniggering at me and getting my goat

:catstare:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Oh snap, he has a fine sword with him the maid thought was stolen, right? And bodies wash up on the nearby beaches? And Bestia took the name from what someone said when he was eating sand? He washed up half-dead after being wounded in a battle... maybe?

Bringing this back along with the realization that the merchant Bestia attacked may have shared Pauline's merchant's sprite, but he certainly didn't mention being in a shipwreck, only getting lost. I'm sure plenty of merchants have sweethearts back home.

Bestia almost has to be Pauline's love, if only because that's the cruelest twist possible.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Hot drat now that's a twist.

There's no being a good person for Yukimasu or Bestia, I guess

Alopex
May 31, 2012

So after the scissors she shows up with short hair and blind, I wonder if the next WHG is going to have some side effects from being stabbed to death in a previous life. Or since this one wasn't entirely linear, maybe it'll take place in between the chapters and she'll end up blinded in that one?

Or maybe something won't go horribly wrong for once and she'll die of old age surrounded by loved ones, I have my fingers crossed for that one.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Sure let's get Lavos up in here, it could hardly make things worse.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

resurgam40 posted:

... They're in cahoots.

After all the incest and murder and cannibalism, this is the sickest I've ever felt about this game and possibly any game so far.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

I actually think this isn't Maria trying to get Jacopo for herself but using what she knows to sabotage him so he doesn't become the next big boss. Her father was apparently a rival to his, and this may be how she is helping her side of the family become more powerful, by undermining her childhood friend psychologically because no one knows him better.

I like this a lot better than the love triangle theory. We've already had two love triangles that end in WHG and the other woman getting the worst of it and the dude getting off comparatively light. WHG this time is almost certainly going to be strangled on the spot because there can't be many other directions Jacopo can escalate (there probably are and I'll be very upset). I hope this time Maria shoots Jacopo with that friendship cartridge, because he may have been a cute kid and all, but he grew up to be a lovely person and a lovely husband and for someone who bills himself as a cutthroat mafia businessman if he's dumb enough to fall for Maria's Iago act than he deserves a lovely ending.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Maybe Jacopo will conclude that WHG is having an affair with Maria.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Jesus, Maria.

This is some expert masterminding and I can respect that.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

That's every single adult Umineko

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I feel bad for both of them but otoh only one of them is locked in a garden shed going slowly insane. Jacopo just visit her you fool, when was the last time he spoke to her without Maria in the wings like an evil Cyrano.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I'm just surprised he figured it out so fast with all this evidence staring him in the face. Well done, Sherlock. He'd better hope Maria shoots him because otherwise he's going to have the rest of his life to reflect on what a complete fool he was.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

The only guy who isn't a useless man in this series so far is the one who is instead a useless beast.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

The WHG's name is Rosebud

Alopex
May 31, 2012

You can't see it with the illustrations but he's holding his breath every time he's in the room. That's why there's all those xxxxx over the dialogue, because he can't talk like that.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

She's not dead yet. Perhaps there's something Michel can do to save her, such as making an ill-advised witch bargain that ensures she's not going to die.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Great, we got a happy ending after all...?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

These tragedies are getting remarkably efficient! Next up, white haired baby shoes, never worn.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I like Giselle without the WHG wallpaper. She seems more along the lines of Pauline and Maria's fake personality and so on.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

It's been hard to read about all this horrible stuff happening to Giselle and nobody taking her side, kind of like chapter three but even uglier. Unlike WHG in chapter three, she's not really okay with being a silent martyr so having her scream and completely lose her poo poo because she's had enough and won't put up with it anymore is very good, especially since Michel doesn't have his head up his own rear end and is quite willing to listen to her.

I also appreciate how he has this whole wicked witch act ready to go.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I'm glad they were able to understand each other and now it's all uphill from here to a happy ending full of sunshine and roses?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I put the thread on the backburner for a few months because I wanted to store up the tragedy and rip through a bunch of it at once and god drat things got real loving wild.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Yukimasa may have killed and eaten dozens of people but at least he wasn't a businessman.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

What a cute couple of dingbats they were, though.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

You can tell Michel is a man because he tries to make time with an unavailable woman and then calls her a whore in front of god and everyone for having a private conversation with someone else. Everyone in this family is an rear end in a top hat, and so is everyone in this game except Giselle and Pauline. I'm still happy for him even if he's going to get shut up in a forbidden mansion for ten years. Possibly because he's going to get shut up in a forbidden witch mansion for ten years, that family is awful.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Michel's dad is allowed to mutilate and scar the female servants but Michel isn't allowed to cut off one measly dick? Truly the dark ages were a time of injustice and double standards.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

What if something nice happened for a change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I want to take Michel home and validate his identity and feed him soup