Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Petey posted:

I'm not nearly as upset as I was after the Giants losses, but I'm a great deal angrier.

yeah it was extremely winnable and there isnt any bullshit fluke to point to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zyla posted:

in my mind there's prime revis and deion then a massive 2-4 tier drop off

Rod Woodson AKA RodGod was the greatest defensive back of all time

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
When Butler picked off that pass against the Seahawks I thought that the most Belichick move would be to cut him in training camp the next season for showing up late to a meeting.

Belichick managed to out-Belichick my ridiculous exaggeration of him.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i, for some reason, feel like the later part of his career was better. weird

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Fans of every team ever except maybe the 2000-2002 Ravens and 2013-2016 Seahawks think their secondary sucks.

NFL defensive backs are defensive backs because they can't catch, if they could catch they'd be wide receivers

Brady took Darby to the shed all night long, it was embarrassing, and it felt like Mills was out of position half the time. he got targeted four times in a row in one of the Pats' second half TD drives. our safeties played very well though

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

lmao tomorrow is gonna be must listen sports radio all day in boston. lol tears gonna be extra salty.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Rod Woodson AKA RodGod was the greatest defensive back of all time

ehhh

ok he can come into the tier

im just thinking of the people it was outright stupid to throw at and i can only think of those 2-3

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's easy to forget that Belichick learned how to be a head coach from Bill Parcells, who absolutely would have thrown Gronkowski off the team for missing the plane, much less banish Malcolm Butler to special teams

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/eric-rowe-found-out-just-before-kickoff-he-was-starting/

Eric Rowe found out just before kickoff he was starting - Eric Rowe didn’t know he was starting ahead of time. He didn’t know he would play almost every snap. He didn’t know Malcolm Butler wouldn’t play on defense. “No, that …

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Zyla posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/05/eric-rowe-found-out-just-before-kickoff-he-was-starting/

Eric Rowe found out just before kickoff he was starting - Eric Rowe didn’t know he was starting ahead of time. He didn’t know he would play almost every snap. He didn’t know Malcolm Butler wouldn’t play on defense. “No, that …

see this seems real dumb, if you were gonna discipline Butler you should probably tell the team during the walkthroughs and stuff, makes me think something happened today before the game

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

wyoak posted:

see this seems real dumb, if you were gonna discipline Butler you should probably tell the team during the walkthroughs and stuff, makes me think something happened today before the game

yeah this stinks real bad for a whole lot of angles

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ, what an incredible blunder.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Should have put in Hoyer

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BUG JUG posted:

lmao tomorrow is gonna be must listen sports radio all day in boston. lol tears gonna be extra salty.

It’ll be half wanting Bill fired and half discussing pitchers and catchers.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Holy poo poo, I can’t even imagine what Rowe must have been thinking.

I can’t even imagine what Butler must have done. Of course whatever it was probably won’t match the consequence...

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I woke up today completely sure the Pats would win, and furthermore sure that Belichick and Brady would get the team back together next year to try for their last frontier: the threepeat.

The Patriots will not threepeat.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’ll be half wanting Bill fired and half discussing pitchers and catchers.

felger and mazz is gonna be four hours of felger going full autism on butler. mark it down.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

solarjetman posted:

I woke up today completely sure the Pats would win, and furthermore sure that Belichick and Brady would get the team back together next year to try for their last frontier: the threepeat.

The Patriots will not threepeat.

i woke up completely sure the eagles were gonna win :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A bunch of Eagles legitimately did have the flu so its theoretically possible Butler picked it up somewhere

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It’s cool that nearly two decades of unprecedented success have broken Patriots fans’ brains enough that they are talking about firing the greatest coach of all time after he narrowly loses a Super Bowl.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fsif posted:

It’s cool that nearly two decades of unprecedented success has broken Patriots fans’ brains enough that they are talking about firing the greatest coach of all time after he narrowly loses a Super Bowl.

we gotta give ya'll material to lol at

just providing a service, over here

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

lol at the Pats trading their next gen QBs away this season then losing another SB

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fsif posted:

It’s cool that nearly two decades of unprecedented success have broken Patriots fans’ brains enough that they are talking about firing the greatest coach of all time after he narrowly loses a Super Bowl.

tbf it took us getting rid of andy to finally win a super bowl. I hope doug still sends him a ring anyway :3:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It seems like Pederson is basically what you'd get if Andy Reid hired a college burnout who's played 20,000 hours of Madden to make all the fourth down and clock management decisions

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think this offseason we need pederson to gain 100 pounds and also a big stache.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

So glad we’re back in the good timeline now

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

tbf it took us getting rid of andy to finally win a super bowl. I hope doug still sends him a ring anyway :3:

They just won two in the past four seasons!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Are people seriously arguing for Brady or Belichick to go?

If neither leave there is an 80% chance they're in another super bowl Lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/Hardees/status/960365156516712449

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Are people seriously arguing for Brady or Belichick to go?

If neither leave there is an 80% chance they're in another super bowl Lmao

yeah and gronk might retire due to injuries

its very scary to think the whole thing could crash down quickly

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Zyla posted:

its very nice to think the whole thing could crash down quickly

ftfy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

quickly as in it took nearly 20 years

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

we didnt quite get 2 decades of constant dominance ugh its over before it even started

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Zyla posted:

its very scary to think the whole thing could crash down quickly

:patssay:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you want a primer Pats fans, just observe what's been happening in San Francisco since Steve Young had to retire

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you want a primer Pats fans, just observe what's been happening in San Francisco since Steve Young had to retire

It won’t be so bad since the league is going to die within a decade due to CTE.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Speaking of which, is Brandin Cooks awake yet

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

we didnt quite get 2 decades of constant dominance ugh its over before it even started

so close tho!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

gronk should probably retire tho

CTE vs. just going around and being a party mascot for the next 20 years

thats an easy as gently caress decision for me