Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Kawalimus was right

truly

it is we who are PATHETIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

GLORIOUS
NO I WON'T GIVE IN
I WON'T GIVE IN

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Rabble posted:

I like the time he said an obvious touchdown should be reversed without even seeing the replay beforehand.

And that poo poo was STUPID AS gently caress because Ertz VERY loving CLEARLY downed the ball inside the goal line, it was an OBVIOUS loving touchdown.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I wish I could have muted the TV and put Merrill on the radio but I was at my sisters house and couldn’t :(

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://tunein.com/radio/SportsRadio-94WIP-941-s116135/

merril calls all day and incomprehensible drunk philly guys crying.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

OH LORD JESUS SANTA FORGAVE US

-live now

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/7vfhy8/philadelphia_eagles_fans_are_excited_about_the_win/

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/960363953560936453

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So were the Eagles underdogs in all three playoff games?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yes

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/?tfp_display=list

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

thus the birth of the dog masks which will now be a philly football thing for at least a generation

congrats on your new trademark guys

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The dog mask thing is awesome though, it’s one of the best possible gimmicks a team and fan base could have latched onto.

It has the potential for infinite variety beyond the basic German Shepherd mask, all kinds of T shirts and hats and various cartoons and meta jokes etc. around it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Zwabu posted:

The dog mask thing is awesome though, it’s one of the best possible gimmicks a team and fan base could have latched onto.

It has the potential for infinite variety beyond the basic German Shepherd mask, all kinds of T shirts and hats and various cartoons and meta jokes etc. around it.

my only complaint is that they are a bird team so its a dissonant symbol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

my only complaint is that they are a bird team so its a dissonant symbol

Yeah but under birds is just describing Kawalimus' weekend.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
please update your "throwing snowballs at santa claus" jokes to "eating horse poop on broad st." jokes thank you.

https://deadspin.com/eagles-fan-takes-enormous-bite-of-horse-poo poo-1822722419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAsXRCy_V4

https://twitter.com/murphy818/status/960383848625393664

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

trigger warning: blarfk

https://deadspin.com/things-philadelphians-did-1822724326

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Getting heavy Charlie Kelly vibes from this guy.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody treated the Eagles like they were a joke.

As soon as we lost Darren Sproles, we were supposed to lose games.

When we lost Jason Peters, the offensive line wasn’t supposed to hold up.

When our signal calling middle LB Jordan Hicks went down, our defense was supposed to fold.

Then, when the unreal, what would have been MVP, Carson Wentz went down, we were supposed to be 1 and Done.

We weren’t supposed to win more than 7 games. We won 13.

They called us “underdogs” to last year’s Super Bowl runner up, the Falcons. Even though we were the #1 seed and they were #6. We denied Julio Jones 3 times back to back to back 10 yards out from the end zone. We won. They called us flukes.

The Vikings have the #1 defense in the league and the Miracle in Minnesota. “You can’t win.” We dropped 38 unanswered points on that defense. We advanced to the Super Bowl.

Ok, 1 outlier Foles game, Eagles. He’s a backup QB. Now you have the ultimate NFL end game boss, Tom Brady & The Patriots. For real, this time. Nice run, but you’ve got no rings and Brady has 5. You’re the Eagles.

You can’t win.

You’re still a joke. Maybe if you had Wentz. MAYBE.

Brady had one of the greatest games of his career against the Eagles. The Patriots put up over 600 yards of offense. Don’t get into a shoot out with Tom Brady, they said.

Then....

The Eagles won the Super Bowl.

They even did it without Sean Lee.

The Eagles out Patrioted the Patriots. There’s nothing left to prove. There’s no more questions. The only answer is that, finally, the Philadelphia Eagles...

...are Champions.

You can’t do a season any better than that. Greatest season ever as an Eagles fan 🦅

BEST IN THE WORLD #flyeaglesfly #worldchamps

Now, time to get a copy of the The Philadelphia Inquirer here in Arkansas and frame it.

This is where the dynasty begins

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

*cringes a little*

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That's... something

https://twitter.com/JinderMahal/status/960360063641817088?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

yeah let's not start acting like the thing we hate, 89

(the patriots)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

yeah let's not start acting like the thing we hate, 89

(the patriots)

But unlike the Patriots we really were the team the nation kept dismissing be it injury, coaching, or opponent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think you can rename him to "Nick Horses" because the fella grew up.

And because he is hung like one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think you can rename him to "Nick Horses" because the fella grew up.

And because he is hung like one.

also people ate horse poop in honor of him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

axeil posted:

loving hell man. Also I realized that it should be Stallion because that would be more Philadelphia-y.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Zwabu posted:

So were the Eagles underdogs in all three playoff games?

Yes and I picked them for every single one.

Sucks to be you, losers, I knew the Eagles were going to win it all and I have proof.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

89 posted:

When our signal calling middle LB Jordan Hicks went down, our defense was supposed to fold.

Then, when the unreal, what would have been MVP, Carson Wentz went down, we were supposed to be 1 and Done.

They called us “underdogs” to last year’s Super Bowl runner up, the Falcons. Even though we were the #1 seed and they were #6. We denied Julio Jones 3 times back to back to back 10 yards out from the end zone. We won. They called us flukes.

The Vikings have the #1 defense in the league and the Miracle in Minnesota. “You can’t win.” We dropped 38 unanswered points on that defense. We advanced to the Super Bowl.

Ok, 1 outlier Foles game, Eagles. He’s a backup QB. Now you have the ultimate NFL end game boss, Tom Brady & The Patriots. For real, this time. Nice run, but you’ve got no rings and Brady has 5. You’re the Eagles.

You can’t win.

Brady had one of the greatest games of his career against the Eagles. The Patriots put up over 600 yards of offense. Don’t get into a shoot out with Tom Brady, they said.

Then....

The Eagles out Patrioted the Patriots. There’s nothing left to prove. There’s no more questions. The only answer is that, finally, the Philadelphia Eagles...

...are Champions.

You can’t do a season any better than that. Greatest season ever as an Eagles fan 🦅

Now, time to get a copy of the The Philadelphia Inquirer here in Arkansas and frame it.

I picked the Eagles in every single playoff game including the Super Bowl.

And I was born in Arkansas.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

89 posted:

You can’t win.

Then....

...are Champions.

you're fuckin lucky i don't have that benny the snake post on hand, bucko

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/960354615186345984

i cried a little

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

89 posted:

A Bad Post

im sorry but you have to give the superbowl back now

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://m.imgur.com/P0sXGUs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

axeil posted:

The thing legends are made of

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/JeffMcDev/status/960547527006326784

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

#noarrests

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

can you even arrest for being too awesome

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Doug Pederson is a loving genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

axeil posted:

please update your "throwing snowballs at santa claus" jokes to "eating horse poop on broad st." jokes thank you.

I'm sorry there is no update, just mash it all together with zero context.

"throwing poo poo covered batteries at Santa Claus"

• Locked thread