Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mraagvpeine posted:

At 25:45, did you mean to say Earth?
:( yeah, I have location dyslexia.

VVVVVV
Probably cause of androids, like the painter android or the android steward on the plane.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The poster is the actual poster for Parasite Dolls but I'm not sure what the connection is

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So close and yet it still feels like we're still so far away from our lady love....soon though. Soon the truth will reveal itself.

Update Ghost Info
Clark Brogan
Henry Polybas
Kenneth Livingston
Nathan Gold
Alan Coleman
Natalia Riskaya
Nick Getchell
Nancy Spinel
Geoffrey Amblygo
Cayla Conichalco

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 14, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder what the android's mural looks like now.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Man, being buried in a cemetery on the moon would be hella cool.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well I think I know where this is going now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Clearly a case of mistaken identity.

I kind of like the idea of no version of Richard Osmond ever talking and if we're the director it'd ruin that pattern!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 16, 2018

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So there you have it...I'm sadly not super excited or happy with how the game ends. I mean it's interesting to some degree whether our android self was following just the base programming of Claudia or if it had gained sentience and was making decisions on it's own (at least that's what I was getting from android Kenneth who had developed some level of self consciousness). Then there's also the fact that while we weren't ever really a ghost, we still were that way in some part to Claudia. A hollow shell of her lost husband, a poor replacement and a grim reminder of what she'll never have back. There's definitely layers to the game, it just seems to spend most of it's time focusing on the ghosts and 90% of them really had nothing to do with the red stone or Richard or Claudia. In comparison, the first two games were mostly about getting across the story of the cursed stone and the havoc it caused; here it's just treated as a background fixture in a doomed facility. Instead of Richard purposely trying to sacrifice lives to it, his hubris is more to blame and it seems that they wanted to leave the possibility that the red stone found on the moon is maybe not cursed. That instead it's just human nature that's to blame...

Still I do hope you all enjoyed the ride and I do really appreciate my lovely lady for getting it for me. In fact, my next project is pretty much motivated in some small part by her as well.

And finally there wasn't much in the way of bonus material to make for this game, the only thing that seemed left that was worth showing was the opening (which was oddly fairly spoilery): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqxxiIgcWvs

Finally since I had the 'raw' footage still, I made an un-commentated set of videos for the people out there that might want that: Echo Night Beyond Longplay Playlist

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I wonder if Kenneth actually escaped. It sorta looks like he painted himself into a corner there.

This seems like a decent premise for a story, but I agree it wasn't really conveyed through the game. Given that the opening pretty much shows you Claudia's fate, they shouldn't have had it be a 'mystery' for so long to the protagonist.

Thanks for showing this off, though. It did have a pretty decent dark mood, especially in the ending.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

As I've blitzed through your Echo Night LPs, I've come to a much deeper appreciation for From Software's attention to detail and interesting ideas. I def agree that it wasn't as strong of an entry as the first two, but I'd honestly love to see them make a new one.

Kangra posted:

I wonder if Kenneth actually escaped. It sorta looks like he painted himself into a corner there.

This seems like a decent premise for a story, but I agree it wasn't really conveyed through the game. Given that the opening pretty much shows you Claudia's fate, they shouldn't have had it be a 'mystery' for so long to the protagonist.

Thanks for showing this off, though. It did have a pretty decent dark mood, especially in the ending.

:haw:

I wonder how openings like that are created. It's not uncommon to have openings have major spoilers, and it seems like a wildly obvious bad idea.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
So correct me if I''m wrong. Richard's wish was to have Claudia come to the moon but that led to everyone in the facility, including him, dying. Then when Claudia came over on the shuttle her wish was to be together with Richard but, since Rick was dead, for her to be with him she has to die too. Her wish also cost the lives of everyone on the shuttle. Is that about right?

It was great finally seeing this game but it definitely is the weakest in the series. It was odd the blue stone was not brought up at all, which I guess works as evidence towards the lunar red stone being nothing more than a rock. Though why were the ghosts there at all then. Oh well.

The storytelling was not great, it was very vague and gave you even less to work with than the other games. I really didn't like the monitoring stations idea. Plus the lack of variety in locations.

It has some good ideas and the atmosphere was great. Kinda torn on how I feel. I know EN4 will never happen but a man can dream...a man can dream....

Thanks for the LP niggurath

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, bit of a downer ending, even compared to the first Echo Night. But I suppose it's fitting for the last Echo Night to end with even Richard Osmond having died.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Pretty melancholy. Of course Richard had to die.

I'd sort of gotten the feeling we were an android a few videos back, but it was just a hunch. Something about wondering about oxygen and our interaction with the other android dude. Neither of those were really evidence of anything though.

Poor Claudia.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So the one thing I couldn't really figure out was the age difference between Richard and Claudia. I mean, when we find Richard's body he seemed mummified or something but Claudia seemed fairly young (both as a ghost and the body we find behind the fountain). I thought maybe more had time had passed or something than what we were originally told, but it's just really hard to tell. Another part of me wondered if the body we found was actually an android had made of herself and she wasn't actually that young? I don't know, that part confused me a bit and I really couldn't figure out what was supposed to be up with that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did they ever explain what the fog was or where it came from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did they ever explain what the fog was or where it came from?
I think it was alluded to that Richard had noticed the oxygen producing effects of the red stone and had hooked it up to take care of their oxygen shortage issues (which seemed to stem from their moon mine under performing and an underlying story of the dystopian capitalist society on Earth which would not give bare necessities to the facility on the moon).

• Locked thread