Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Other than Bond, do you think SW will end up being one of the largest cinematic series?

We're already at, what, 9? Not counting the cartoons and spinoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Big Beef City posted:

Other than Bond, do you think SW will end up being one of the largest cinematic series?

probably. star wars is still the opioid of the masses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big Beef City posted:

Jason, Leprechaun, and Freddy have some catching up to do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

return of the jedi is where you see the cracks forming. ewoks not being wookies is the first obvious prequel thing lucas got in. the vader/emperor/luke scenes save the movie.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

return of the jedi is where you see the cracks forming. ewoks not being wookies is the first obvious prequel thing lucas got in. the vader/emperor/luke scenes save the movie.

The Jabba palace was cool too

But yeah, the throne room scene (before the special edition bullshit) was one of the most memorable moments in cinema. The Vader vs. Luke fight immediately after Vader taunts him about Leia was amazing. Vader contemplating turning good/killing the Emperor when Luke was getting tortured was icing on the cake

Now it's porgs and cash grab origin movie bullshit until the end of time

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
donald glover?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The addition of those singing aliens in Jabba's palace near the start of TLJ is so bad idk what the hell they were thinking.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

whenever someone defends the prequels you justt have to point to all the additions to the ot. lucas is bad.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

yeah looking back it's actually more of a surprise that the original trilogy was goon than everything else is poo poo

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Moridin920 posted:

The addition of those singing aliens in Jabba's palace near the start of TLJ is so bad idk what the hell they were thinking.

Lucas got CGI happy. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

It showed how Lucas became a narcissistic hack, really

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why would you be against some jizz wailing, of all things?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jamming out on the ol jizzbox.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Some of the special edition edits are good

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
McG will direct the Dengar: Bounty Begins movie and it will score 99% on RT

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

Not liking Ewoks is a sign of severe mental illness, I'm sorry to say. Incurable.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

sick brunch kills posted:

McG will direct the Dengar: Bounty Begins movie and it will score 99% on RT

They made Dengar good in Battlefront, so I'd actually be interested in seeing this now.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ZUCKUSS

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hear Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been tapped to star in the BoShek trilogy

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Hustlin Floh posted:

I hear Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been tapped to star in the BoShek trilogy

Every event in the trilogy will be leading up to that one fateful moment when he chats with Old Ben in the cantina for three seconds.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cnut the Great posted:

Every event in the trilogy will be leading up to that one fateful moment when he chats with Old Ben in the cantina for three seconds.

The Force Theme swells "Yeah uh I am already booked and headed even further Rimward but the guy with the space gorilla might have something for you."

Pan over to Han's booth, fade to credits.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It will be such a shame if the Solo movie turns out to be bad, oh wait

Add an upcoming Rian Johnson trilogy and a series from Games of Thrones' creators.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i sure am tired of these star wars

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I think the world is ready for another holiday special.
Life Day was a wasted opportunity just waiting to be milked.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
When will these star wars...end

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

henpod posted:

When will these star wars...end
I'm wondering if there exists a point where a Star Wars movie could actually flop. It seems that no matter how bad a Star Wars movie is - if it gets enough budget for CG it will sell, so there's no risk of Disney haveing a DC disaster on their hands, the brand is too strong. Until a Star Wars movie flops we'll never stop getting new ones or at least ones that would try to reinvent the formula.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Palpek posted:

I'm wondering if there exists a point where a Star Wars movie could actually flop. It seems that no matter how bad a Star Wars movie is - if it gets enough budget for CG it will sell, so there's no risk of Disney haveing a DC disaster on their hands, the brand is too strong. Until a Star Wars movie flops we'll never stop getting new ones or at least ones that would try to reinvent the formula.

It's extremely possible for Star Wars to flop since China just does not care at all for it.

It wont though if they keep up to the quality of The Last Jedi, which was good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I enjoy the "universe" that the prequels added, but the clone wars series really saves the entire arc from being total shite

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Neurolimal posted:

It's extremely possible for Star Wars to flop since China just does not care at all for it.

It wont though if they keep up to the quality of The Last Jedi, which was good.

They're rapidly running out of beloved characters to kill.
Dunno whether to dread or anticipate Star Wars Episode LIII: The Death of Jar-Jar

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Fanboys getting angry about fictional characters dying will never not be weird

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I didn't even know there was a KENOBI movie in the works and my god do I not care.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In awe at the size of this lad.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Admiral Pinkhair makes a cameo in the Solo movie. She can give Han a 15 minute lecture on the importance of obeying authority because they know better than you always

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope Admiral Pinkhair makes a cameo in the Solo movie. She can give Han a 15 minute lecture on the importance of obeying authority because they know better than you always

I'm still upset about this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Over There posted:

I'm still upset about this.

You're just not smart enough to appreciate her genius plan that she couldn't tell literally anybody for some reason.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Mordja posted:

I didn't even know there was a KENOBI movie in the works and my god do I not care.

What the hell is this going to be? Just him hanging out in the desert for years waiting for Luke's aunt and uncle to die?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope the next movie brings back Lando just to immediately get him killed by silver Boba Fett so it makes her seem threatening without actually risking any of the three remaining plot-important characters.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A lot of 'negative' reaction to this movie would probably be less if it wasn't a, well, 'solo' film.

The trailer makes it look like it has a large ensemble cast of characters. If they went more with that marketing and naming it something else like, "Falcon" or "Scoundrels" or "Rangers" I think the negative fan reaction would be diminished. Han would then appear to be a central character, but it's not his movie, he wasn't going to be expected to carry the film. As such, Disney could probably afford to adjust his character a bit and fans would be more "Disney took Han, the 'coolest dude in Star Wars', and turned him into a joke but..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the fact it's not called "scum and villainy" is real sad

• Locked thread