Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah it's totally this. At the end of his last WWE run he was carrying around a ton of extra muscle mass because he was jacked to the gills to compensate for his height. I think that was a huge part of all his knee issues too.

Yeah, Rey's amazing. The worry is that working a WWE schedule will turn his knees into dust again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Forward looking type stuff

WWE has a financial conference call on Thursday and the belief is that they are going to announce the South American tournament then.

And today:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/961127767852142592

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Waffleopolis posted:

He's going to have his guitar and mic with him in the chamber, isn't he?

Seems fine to me, then you do the spot where someone (Braun) breaks his chamber and he gets pulled into the match early. That way you avoid him singing for like 15 minutes, which would be a bad idea.

If Bryan does come back I'd want him fighting Miz, it's hard to picture someone who will hit him lighter (Miz's already light style would probably be taken down to 75% of light even just on instinct for fear of actually hurting Bryan) and if Bryan can just not do the high-risk stuff like dives and anything off the top rope it seems like a low-risk situation, particularly if he's resolved to wrestle no matter what since I have to imagine he'd be putting himself more at risk physically fighting anywhere else. It'd also be an example of WWE finally doing long-term slow burn storytelling, which to be somewhat fair to them is tougher to do when there's nothing physically stopping two people from going after each other.

Then if you want to set up Miz for a higher profile going out of WM you have him beat Bryan there, then get his rear end kicked by Bryan in the following match or matches the have, but he got to ruin Bryan's comeback and that's the sweetest victory of all. He's also been getting a lot of fans on his side lately, getting cheers over many of his opponents, so this would be a hell of a way to make him hated again, particularly when he cuts promos to rub salt in the wound. You could do some fun stuff on Smackdown with Bryan losing his cool because of the loss, taking out his frustration on people like Sami and Kevin or really anyone who reminds him of WM, etc. Better for WWE as a company too to give Miz that rub if Bryan's leaning towards leaving WWE.

Or you just have Bryan win and have a nice feel-good comeback moment, nothing wrong with that either. It'd certainly be a WM match that could go either way, which the card can use when unless something really surprising happens Nakamura's gonna beat AJ and Roman's beating Lesnar.

Not surprised at all to hear Miz signed a 4-year deal, the guy's living his literal dream job and I have him fully pegged for ultimately being even more of a company guy than Cena eventually, basically being available to the company forever and doing very few things outside of it, moving into a manager or GM role when he can no longer wrestle, etc. He doesn't seem like someone who would accept the Christian retirement of a minor send-off and then just doing a small show or appearance here and there, or just being a road agent backstage or a trainer at the performance center, though if they want a promo teacher there at some point they could certainly do worse.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

PWInsider reported that Miz signed a new four year deal with WWE.

Also, he's wrestling Brock on a live event soon:

Welp this just changed to a must buy for me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Post Wrestlemania I really want to see another Brock vs AJ match. That’s the only match Brock’s had in like 3 or 4 years where I really want more of it

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'd be down to see him have another five minute sprint with Goldberg, but yeah other than that and AJ I'm kinda bleh on everything he's done the past like four years. Also I just realized that Brock has been back for six years so no wonder the novelty's worn off a little.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

NowonSA posted:

Seems fine to me, then you do the spot where someone (Braun) breaks his chamber and he gets pulled into the match early. That way you avoid him singing for like 15 minutes, which would be a bad idea.

I legit want this more than anything else. You can't normally have him just do a concert on a wrestling show, that would be strange. But in an elimination chamber?

A person being allowed to show off their gimmick for an extended time would be great. Him just giving a concert would be so drat great. Plus if they do think 15 minutes is too long, yeah have Braun break him out (bonus heat spot, referees refuse to count pins on a not yet legal Elias).

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think you have Braun smash the pod after Elias keeps singing about how Braun sucks/is gay.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tozawa is a god drat treasure

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miz has literally never put anyone else over in a promo what are you even talking about?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

PWInsider reported that Miz signed a new four year deal with WWE.

Also, he's wrestling Brock on a live event soon:

That looks pretty neat. Maybe they'll finally announce a wrestlemania hea-hahahahahaha yeah right.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If you can’t see the awesomeness of Elias in a pod with mic and guitar strumming and narrating match events akin to “Devil went down to Georgia” as they happen, basically crafting the match narrative then I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe give him a fiddle instead of a guitar.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There is something tone deaf and gruesome about "come see your favorite superstars but their bodies and careers on the line at WWE Live!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Miz has literally never put anyone else over in a promo what are you even talking about?

He does it all the time. He did it this Monday even.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doug Pederson doesn't count.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Doug Pederson doesn't count.

He put over Roman. He's put over Jordan. He always puts over all competitors on guest commentary. He put over Enzo while also publicly burying him for out of ring poo poo (and also put over the entire cruiser division in the process). Miz always puts people over. Is this a gimmick or are you just dumb and/or not paying attention?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Do not expect Aphrodite to argue anything in good faith, foochs my dude

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Miz being one of the few people to understand the "always build up your opponents because it makes you look better whether you win or lose" rule is one of the reasons he's so good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miz sells his own accomplishments. The people he has just beaten are good, so he's great for having beaten them. But the lack of sincerity is obvious because of his character (and because he cheated) and the audience can easily see through the bullshit and it doesn't work.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bryan being the guy who will do stupid dives just to see if his head okay and Miz being the guy who couldn't catch a ball let alone a person seems like a recipe for death

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider confirmed what I posted here. Vince McMahon has stepped away from 205 Live two weeks ago:
https://www.pwinsider.com/article/115372/major-changes-behind-the-scenes-of-205-live.html

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

rovert posted:

PWInsider confirmed what I posted here. Vince McMahon has stepped away from 205 Live two weeks ago:
https://www.pwinsider.com/article/115372/major-changes-behind-the-scenes-of-205-live.html

Hope this is a combination of XFL/ Vince getting older/Mania season picking up, because otherwise I wonder if 205 live is long for this world unless HHH can protect it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If they can stick with it long enough to establish it as a workrate show, it should have enough appeal to the hardcores like us that it'll move numbers on the Network, which is all it has to do, because the live crowd is there for Smackdown. Besides, WWECW lasted how long? Like 4 years? And Vince clearly didn't give a poo poo about it for 3 and a half.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like the fundamental philosophy of WWE wrestling just doesn't fit the style of a cruiserweight show

WCW's cruiserweights were great not because they were flippy, but because the philosophy of match style worked with being tiny and flippy

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Maybe they can talk him out of taping it after Smackdown too, that way the crowd would actualy care

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leave Aphrodite alone, she, him, xir is my friend. Thank you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Troxartas posted:

Maybe they can talk him out of taping it after Smackdown too, that way the crowd would actualy care

I just watched Itami/Strong and the crowd were so dead for a really good match :(

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i hope roddy strong wins the title and stays on 205 live to fulfill his destiny as "dean malenko, but again"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

shiksa posted:

i hope roddy strong wins the title and stays on 205 live to fulfill his destiny as "dean malenko, but again"

Dean Malenko had more charisma

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm down for giving Roddy a James Bond gimmick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Roddy should be made permanent as the AoP’s li’l buddy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nese, Dar and Gulak are triple teaming him when unfamiliar music hits, and two giant men in flak vests charge the ring and murder the heels.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Team Roddy with Rusev and Strowman as Strong, Stronger, strongest

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wish the bouncing rusev head matched the timing of the music

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

Do not expect Aphrodite to argue anything in good faith, foochs my dude

Anybody who isn't willing to pedantically argue with Aphrodite for pages on end for no visible benefit is a coward, imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Random thought: Was Asuka's handshake with Bayley the first time she's done the "I respect you" thing instead of being a total dick to someone after winning? I can only remember her teasing one and then dancing away, or just straight up mocking her opponents. Even with Rousey she just slapped her hand away.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

Random thought: Was Asuka's handshake with Bayley the first time she's done the "I respect you" thing instead of being a total dick to someone after winning? I can only remember her teasing one and then dancing away, or just straight up mocking her opponents. Even with Rousey she just slapped her hand away.

I think so. I think she also did it to sow the seeds of chaos b/w Bayley and Sasha.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Leave Aphrodite alone, she, him, xir is my friend. Thank you.

Aphrodite also happens to be objectively, demonstrably, literally wrong about the thing I was posting about but whatever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

She also shook hands with / hugged Bayley after their Takeover Brooklyn match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Her matches with Bayley have also usually been very close. I think it was the one where Bayley lost the NXT title where it ended with Bayley screaming at Asuka to hit her. I can see that engendering respect.

• Locked thread