Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Wow I forgot when Smackdown had that awful white artwork for bumpers. Good god.

Phenix Rising posted:

Who the hell are those nerds in the top center?

The Dicks. They didn't last long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

NBC Universal owns USA Network. So don't hold your breath for two hour RAWS under them. :v:

In other news, WWE has promoted George Barrios and Michelle Wilson to a Co-President position.

For those who don't remember George, he's the guy with the really weird forehead.

(yes, that is his actual picture)

His headshot looks like an r/me_irl post

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll just leave this here...

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-rumors-tye-dillinger-10-chants/

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jackie D posted:

I can't believe management is killing off something the fans like

I'm taking it with a grain of salt because they put him at 10 at the Rumble 2 years ago, and had him at 10 this year even though he was attacked backstage.

But it totally wouldn't surprise me either. This is the same company that told Wade Barrett to say "I've got some bad news" then had him stop saying it because the crowd popped.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

WWE saddling someone with a poo poo gimmick and the wrestler going full ham and getting it over instead thus pissing WWE off is way too drat common. Idiots.

Assuming its true, it must be even more frustrating for Tye Dillinger because he's much older and dealt with WWE ten years ago as Shawn Spears and didn't pan out there well at all.

Now he's got a gimmick that's over and they're allegedly trying to kill it. He must feel like he can't win.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm surprised they haven't turned on Rusev yet for getting over again

Give it time my friend.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ya know what annoys me?

Whenever someone tells a wrestler on twitter that they are being misused or booked terribly, they always shoot back that they bought a new house or their bank account is much bigger now or something.

And hey I'm thrilled they're getting paid. (And yeah, fans on twitter are mad annoying sometimes.) But jeez, have you no pride in your craft or your long-term stock in the eyes of the casual fan? Yeah you're getting paid now but your stock is in the shitter and that's a prime recipe for a future endeavor.

I mean, jeez.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Thirdly any wrestler who cares enough about how they are used to actually do something about it in the last 30+ years is treated by the same fans who complain about how someone is booked as a horrible rear end in a top hat, so risking your job that is making you good money to satisfy people who will hate you for doing so is an incredibly stupid move.

But by that logic, Punk shouldn't have complained to Vince that he had to job to Rock, Cena, Taker, and Lesnar in rapid succession. But he did.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Also there is a massive difference between complaining behind the scenes and complaining publicly (i.e. agreeing with randos on twitter). Public complaining is a Dolph Ziggler move. Privating complaining is what Actual Successful Wrestlers did.

Oh I agree you should definitely privately complain as opposed to vocally agreeing with fans on twitter! I am not clearly stating my point.

My point is: the line they say publicly about how they bought a house or your bank account is bigger now isn't really fooling anyone. And, given how many vets talk about how the young guys today don't talk to Vince, it's safe to say they are towing a line publicly to look like they're fine, but in reality they aren't privately complaining like they should, and thus they're gonna be stuck in permanent jobber status.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm a little annoyed they're not encouraging the one fall chant after the ring announcer anymore, always thought that was pretty neat.

According to Meltzer, Vince hates it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Good, the brand split is awful and always has been awful and never should be tried ever again.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Last year, Payback was SUPER janky as a Raw-branded PPV because of its positioning right after the Superstar Shake-Up. So, this makes sense, just do it as a dual-brand PPV. Sorta like Battleground 2016, which, I will remind all of you, owned.

Also I will accept zero percent of your brand split shaming. The brand split is good. The brand split gave us AJ Styles: WWE Champion and Shinsuke Nakamura: Royal Rumble Winner and you are very silly if you think we would've gotten that otherwise.

A company having 2 world champions is dumb. There's no real top guy anymore. It's just consolation prizes all around.

I love that AJ is successful but he's second fiddle to Roman, Brock, and Cena, even as world champ. Because Brock is portrayed as a bigger deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Smackdown is really bad though

Raw is also really bad.

But at least the company cares about Raw.

• Locked thread