Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

never knew about scotty 2 hotty and funaki being partners. seems like something i absolutely woulda done on wwf smackdown 2: know you are role because that's two jobbers i liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i hope roddy strong wins the title and stays on 205 live to fulfill his destiny as "dean malenko, but again"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rovert posted:

My local indie announced this at the same time
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/961615399958835200

those meaty lads are gonna do some good suplexes there

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Has anyone pointed out yet how stupid it is that a top 10 of people who should be getting opportunities is topped by the people who are already the champions?

thats why it should only be about cool pigs daniel bryan meets and stuff.

im watching old raws and every time sable comes out its honestly hilarious. she's the least sexy "sexy woman" ever. instead of talking seductively, like do like an eartha kitt thing or something, she just has the bluntest midwestern mom voice ever. "THIS IS FOR THE WIMMEN WHO WANNA BE ME AND THE MEN WHO CAME TO SEE ME. WHOS READY FOR THA GRIIIND" and then she does like, elaine's dance from seinfeld but if it was like a stripper dance. its loving hilarious.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Seams posted:

was road dogg known as a particularly creative person behind the scenes during his run? i know wwe is an old boys club but his rise seems inexplicable.

also i hope corbin yells at ziggler to go to ring of honour and ziggler takes his advice.

he was so good at coming up with lines that he'd introduce himself as the road Dogg Jesse James and the badd rear end Billy Gunn even when he was coming out by himself.

and then when dx finally did die he... tagged with k kwik and disappeared? I don't remember anything else happening in the interim, so, no he didn't exactly radically innovate himself.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I want to say I remember this weird thing where Gunn seemed like an "IC talent" and Road Dogg seemed like a "Hardcore talent" so Gunn won the Hardcore Title and Road Dugg won the IC title.

And he tagged with R-Truth before he was R-Truth? But I don't believe anyone ever actually saw that. Its how Lita started as manager to Essa Rios. You hear it. There's historical record. But I'm not convinced it really happened.

I had a small antenna tv in my bedroom that I'd watch jakked and heat and whatever syndicated shows they had. I've seen things. he wore a bright orange shirt and I think overalls? with k kwik. it was very strange but I was a road Dogg mark so I tried to like it.

also, after figuring out when I started watching from the stuff I remember from old raws, I started in mid-99 and really liked road Dogg, who was completely and utterly aimless. why did I like the shittiest incarnation of road Dogg?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Tye is like a B movie Roode. He's totally unnecessary.

if you put me in a room and there were two capsules rigged to shoot into outer space, and inside the two capsules were tye dillinger and bobby roode, i would shoot bobby roode into space before you even told me i had to choose one

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I don't think you could give the Glorious song to Tye and have him get as over with it as Roode did

yeah instead of having a great theme song written for him they gave him a piece of poster board with the number 10 on it. and he got the piece of poster board over.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh! my wife told me about a friend of hers who met rusev at some conference or whatever. his wife is bulgarian, so apparently rusev heard her, came up, introduced himself, and started talking with his wife. he said he'd get them tickets whenever wwe was in chicago, and even though they weren't fans they went to the smackdown after christmas, had a ton of fun, and are a devoted rusev family now. a good kind of family. anyway, rusev loving rules.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lana and rusev #1

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Move Ambrose back to SmackDown please. He and AJ and Cena were incredible in that first era of post-split SD.

and the shield reunion is obviously cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

Has there ever been something reasonably funny in WWE that wasn't immediately ran into the ground, milked for months, and used to sell things

jeriKO

• Locked thread