Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Me uni a la Revolucion #RXT

el sabe ...

Jason Jordan's neck injury is just a thing WWE made up to hold him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Anyone who considers the King of the Ring promo or the Bret Hart match in the same universe of importance as the Tyson angle is an idiot.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

fart blood posted:

Ya know what annoys me?

Whenever someone tells a wrestler on twitter that they are being misused or booked terribly, they always shoot back that they bought a new house or their bank account is much bigger now or something.

And hey I'm thrilled they're getting paid. (And yeah, fans on twitter are mad annoying sometimes.) But jeez, have you no pride in your craft or your long-term stock in the eyes of the casual fan? Yeah you're getting paid now but your stock is in the shitter and that's a prime recipe for a future endeavor.

I mean, jeez.

Believe it or not, a lot of people work because they want to make money and take care of their family. If they're in WWE, there's a 99% chance that is why they signed there in the first place.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Also anyone who uses the word 'booked' is automatically not a casual fan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Thirdly any wrestler who cares enough about how they are used to actually do something about it in the last 30+ years is treated by the same fans who complain about how someone is booked as a horrible rear end in a top hat, so risking your job that is making you good money to satisfy people who will hate you for doing so is an incredibly stupid move.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

fart blood posted:

But by that logic, Punk shouldn't have complained to Vince that he had to job to Rock, Cena, Taker, and Lesnar in rapid succession. But he did.

Given how many of Punk's fans turned on him since he left the wrestling business, I fail to see how this is an argument against what I said.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Also there is a massive difference between complaining behind the scenes and complaining publicly (i.e. agreeing with randos on twitter). Public complaining is a Dolph Ziggler move. Privating complaining is what Actual Successful Wrestlers did.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

fart blood posted:

Oh I agree you should definitely privately complain as opposed to vocally agreeing with fans on twitter! I am not clearly stating my point.

My point is: the line they say publicly about how they bought a house or your bank account is bigger now isn't really fooling anyone. And, given how many vets talk about how the young guys today don't talk to Vince, it's safe to say they are towing a line publicly to look like they're fine, but in reality they aren't privately complaining like they should, and thus they're gonna be stuck in permanent jobber status.

Oh, well that's another thing entirely. Yeah if you're not happy you should talk to Vince, but if anywhere on the list of reasons you do it is "Person on Twitter" then you're doomed from the start.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Gaz-L posted:

Cody Rhodes has to be nervously checking Rusev and Lana's tweets every day for that announcement, because they're basically a better version of him and Brandi.

Why would Cody be unhappy about Rusev hitting the indies, instead of thinking about how much money he could make by adding him to the Bullet Club?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

DarkstarIV posted:

Considering the Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax fanbase is now measuring a superstar's success by how long their lines are for autograph sessions, I don't think it'll phase them if Alexa vs Nia is a bad match.

In what world is 'making more money' not a measure of success in pro wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Endless Mike posted:

I want Kane Bayley

that match happened and it sucked

• Locked thread