Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am glad to see Booker and Corey hating each other deeply wasn't imagined in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
to be fair anyone who hated rey in the first place was dumb and irredeemable trash and rey is great

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Look how many times the WWE has tried to replace Rey Misterio and failed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Booyaka Booyaka laddie

Edit: also Jerusalem I asked you to post that gif of the tna goblin like seven times and you never have :(

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 6, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

He really is Angles son

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

There is something tone deaf and gruesome about "come see your favorite superstars but their bodies and careers on the line at WWE Live!"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I feel like the fundamental philosophy of WWE wrestling just doesn't fit the style of a cruiserweight show

WCW's cruiserweights were great not because they were flippy, but because the philosophy of match style worked with being tiny and flippy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

shiksa posted:

i hope roddy strong wins the title and stays on 205 live to fulfill his destiny as "dean malenko, but again"

Dean Malenko had more charisma

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Team Roddy with Rusev and Strowman as Strong, Stronger, strongest

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

To join in Submission chat, I think the problem with submissions is that the WWE sells submissions as pain based and not injury based

Like, guys don't tap out in MMA because the move hurts, they tap out because if they don't they will suffer a career ending injury. You can't gut your way out of an arm bar. If its in, you tap or snap.

If WWE started selling submissions as essentially career destroying moves instead of "stuff that hurts real bad" it would serve them well

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bradzilla posted:

When Vince decided tapping out is what weak people do. So probably around the start of Cena's The Guy push

To be fair "heroes never tap" goes as far back as the Bret/Austin match

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

When even the marky twitterverse is rolling their eyes

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Honestly ppvs between rumble and mania are a terrible idea

The main event should be clear after rumble and built towards.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

Wrestling has inherently fascist undertones so this isn't exactly surprising

Nah, its undertones are a classical form of morality in which nobility is inherent in strength and the vagueries of modern morality are trounced in the use of combat as a form of ethical discourse

read some loving Barthes plebe

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

/

this is cyber bullying and I will not stand for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Shield return collapsing was good though because WWE has never done "here's that thing you liked AGAIN" well ever

• Locked thread