Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, I have to say its getting harder and harder to buy this stuff. Especially the wife switching, both sides have pictures of her coming in and never coming back. When Quayle got the job and they vetted him it should have been a dead giveaway. And yeah, daughter of diplomacy director, double vetted. It't not like it never occured to anyone on our side that "they" can try to replace important people.
I loved the episode, it's basically the new Americans now, but that did bother me a bit. Especially since I think they could've had a plausible solution by having the real Clare have "an accident" somewhere and say that she was actually the diplomat one from the other side.

E: On the other hand this might bring more attention to her/other Clare I suppose

I'm curious how this now goes for her. It's quite possible that she's really into her new identity and loves the child and even him, but she did still supply the information. Badass Howard knows so either she flips or he takes her out, would be my guess.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah I forgot that's her. Yeah she's playing this dumbass like a fiddle.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

Oh Quayle, you dumb little poo poo.
Yeah this is going to go very poorly for him, what a moron.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My guess is that they wanted to open a clear passage for more goons to stream I'm from their side to... do something. Otherwise they could've blown it up or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought it was a pretty good season finale, obviously we were never getting everything resolved here and now. I'm not really too bothered by minor possible plot holes that may or may not be properly explained later. Really bummed out they took out Aldrich and all of his squad. I thought he understood that Howard wasn't the actual problem so it felt a bit strange they went after him like that.

E:
Also if anyone hasn't seen it, Arstechnica did a behind the scenes on how they did the scenes with both counterparts. Obviously this isn't a new thing and you can trivially do this by stitching two two takes together but that's only easy to do for static shots.

They used a bunch of robots to repeat the camera motions exactly for as many takes as necessary: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/heres-the-slick-tech-making-counterparts-multi-dimensional-s1-possible/
It doesn't actually show the robots but here's a great video highlighting how they work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIwdCN4dV6w

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 4, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The original universe got destroyed and what we've been watching is a simulation. Management is admins/god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't that Quayle guy drive a brand new Audi Q5/7 which is full of computer stuff? It's kind of weird.

• Locked thread