Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
KEY DATES

Scouting Combine: February 27-March 5

Free Agency begins: March 14

Draft: April 26-28

Training Camp: Late July

Pro Football Hall of Fame Game: August 2

Now let's get back to laughing at the Colts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-important-nfl-dates/

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Waiting a whole month until FA starts :negative:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Edward Mass posted:

Now let's get back to laughing at the Patriots.

checks out

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The draft........is at the end of April.

God help us all.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
horney for FA and drafting and the nfl

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Welcome to the NFL degenerate thread, part 1

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

horney for FA and drafting and the nfl

:same:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The offseason owns because I can talk myself into anything

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm glad the patriots lost.

I'm happy for edp445.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Dear TB12 : lol.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I love when dead people are used as political props by detestable goblins.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
He beat my evil team but Foles winning the Super Bowl in a great game was cool as hell. I can't stay mad about it, a team finally wasn't dumb as poo poo. Brady activated god mode and you won anyway with no shenanigans.

Good job Eagles, I just hope Cooks isn't legally dead because he never seemed like an rear end in a top hat who had it coming.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:yeah:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope they fix the catch rules. I think based on how that rule was called all year, the Clement touchdown should have been called back, but also that rule sucks and if you have the ball cradled and both feet in the end zone that should be a TD.

Also, please fix overtime so that both teams can possess the ball at least once.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

I hope they fix the catch rules. I think based on how that rule was called all year, the Clement touchdown should have been called back, but also that rule sucks and if you have the ball cradled and both feet in the end zone that should be a TD.

Also, please fix overtime so that both teams can possess the ball at least once.

Mic'd up Sterratore explained that he never lost possession, the ball shifted from his hand to his forearm but that doesnt constitute enough to be classed as juggling.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CyberPingu posted:

Mic'd up Sterratore explained that he never lost possession, the ball shifted from his hand to his forearm but that doesnt constitute enough to be classed as juggling.

I can buy that he was shifting the ball and that it wasn't slipping, but it seems like the refs have been calling any movement=no catch all year. Collinsworth is biased and sucks, but he was right when he said who knows.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I agree with the dude who said all reviews TD reviews should be played at full speed.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeah, I had no problem with how they ruled it, I was just upset at when they suddenly started to apply common sense to the rulings right then during the Super Bowl. Where was that poo poo all year?

*pretends to not still be upset about hosed up Dez Bryant catch call*

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Superbowl gets its own set of rules. chris hogan got decked on that hail mary way before the ball was thrown, but since there's apparently a secret 'do not throw illegal contact, ever' in SBs it was uncalled

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I can buy that he was shifting the ball and that it wasn't slipping, but it seems like the refs have been calling any movement=no catch all year. Collinsworth is biased and sucks, but he was right when he said who knows.
Yeah, what I hate the most is that these calls seem subjective. Would Hochuli have ruled that a catch?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

I agree with the dude who said all reviews TD reviews should be played at full speed.

The Rule of Cool should be in effect. The ref looks into that Microsoft surface and says "aw yeah that was dope as gently caress ten points to gryffindor"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/961045214399025152?s=17
Views:
The LannistersKrafts send their regards.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I love when dead people are used as political props by detestable goblins.

But enough about Andrew Luck

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mastershakeman posted:

Superbowl gets its own set of rules. chris hogan got decked on that hail mary way before the ball was thrown, but since there's apparently a secret 'do not throw illegal contact, ever' in SBs it was uncalled

no, that was "no flags on hail mary, ever"

Gronk also decked a dude also on that play

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WalletBeef posted:

Dear TB12 : lol.

I've been doing some of the TB12 Method for months now, and I feel fantastic

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
heh

https://twitter.com/melissalockard/...pagenumber%3D47

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

But enough about Andrew Luck

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/961252489742856192

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

President Carson Wentz....I like the sound of that.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

They couldn't get Foles

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Should be Gronk instead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The hot new face of banning abortions.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

That's not a Super Bowl rule, that's generally the standard on hail mary plays. Unless you punch someone they're not throwing a flag on it.

This is to prevent teams from abusing it to get a free play on the 1 yard-line.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Imagine if the Patriots got the ball on the one yard line after a hail mary flag. We'd never hear the end of the "NFL is rigged" takes.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i swear a team recently got a 2nd shot at a hail mary from a DPI. maybe atlanta?

and illegal contact would've just gotten the pats 5 yards

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

That's not a Super Bowl rule, that's generally the standard on hail mary plays. Unless you punch someone they're not throwing a flag on it.

Nah, this was pretty different then that. A guy decleats Chris Hogan as he running like 15 yards from the los, that should be a clear penalty (Not that it matter much since the odds of making a hail mary in that situation are awful)

https://twitter.com/CarlSetterlund/...wl-hail-mary%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

axeil posted:

We're not talking about DPI in the end zone though. Hogan gets completely thrown off his line at the 35 which should be illegal contact. It should have been a free play and 5 yards.

https://twitter.com/CarlSetterlund/status/960353849096704000

Edit: Damnit ^

• Locked thread