Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

CapnAndy posted:

What the gently caress did the Colts do to poor Andrew Luck? Is their team doctor a dude with a wrench?

I've been dealing with a shoulder injury for a bit over a year now (hit by a car), and it's been a two-steps-forward/one-step-back process. So many muscles are tied together near your shoulder (shoulder blade, neck, traps, pecs, etc), everything can get a little out of whack while a part is damaged and healing, and the shoulder itself has such a small amount of space for all the nerves and various tissue to fit through, it's pretty crazy it works at all.

It surprises me there aren't more extended problems, tbh; guessing most athletes probably just deal with it by getting constant cortisone injections to counter swelling & pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
At this point I think it's more trying to book an appointment with Andrews to put the recovery/rehab process in a timetable to work within a season.

Race Warp
Mar 10, 2005

I swoon over Alex Smith's dreamy eyebrows

TheChirurgeon posted:

Seriously. Drew Brees' surgery and rehab was a real longshot to heal like it did.

If you wanna read more about Drew Brees surgery and rehab:

Surgical Repair and Rehabilitation of a Combined 330° Capsulolabral Lesion and Partial-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear in a Professional Quarterback: A Case Report

https://www.jospt.org/doi/pdf/10.2519/jospt.2013.3726

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When is the combine again? I wanna draft.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gatts posted:

When is the combine again? I wanna draft.

Literally the OP.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Bunch of Buffalo ham & eggers here in WNY reporting that Jimmy Garroppolo is hanging out with Brandon Beane at a local restaurant

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Eagles-Super-Bowl-Eagles-fans-break-NFL-record-for-most-title-merchandise-sold-114739050

quote:

Eagles fans break NFL record for most title merchandise sold

drat. We are very excited about this in Philly! Still doesn't feel real...

I ordered the t-shirt and the blu-ray.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

axeil posted:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Eagles-Super-Bowl-Eagles-fans-break-NFL-record-for-most-title-merchandise-sold-114739050

drat. We are very excited about this in Philly! Still doesn't feel real...

I ordered the t-shirt and the blu-ray.

I got a bumper sticker and a growler that will be used as a lantern. I'm still surprised that the latter was even a thing that was available.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

Welcome to the NFL degenerate thread, part 1

Yeah :unsmith::smith::mrwhite:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Where's the black hole surrounding Boston? :confused:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sheen Sheen posted:

Bunch of Buffalo ham & eggers here in WNY reporting that Jimmy Garroppolo is hanging out with Brandon Beane at a local restaurant

It would be pretty hilarious if he left San Fran.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Jivesauce posted:

As long as we're talking about egregious things not getting called on that final drive, how about this hold on the 4th down play that kept Tom Brady from being murdered. I haven't really seen anyone talking about it, but the hold extends all the way into the endzone also; it could have been called a safety depending on where they called it. I think it all evened out in the end and they just call things pretty loose in that situation.

That's actually the rip move that James Harrison (the traitor) perfected and is famous for. The D-lineman or LB there is actually holding the OT in an arm bar lol

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Gronk did shove a DB while running down the field, but the DB was obviously trying to impede. Good no call on that, even though it looked like Jim Brown stiff-arming some 160lb dude into innerspace.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Abugadu posted:

Gronk did shove a DB while running down the field, but the DB was obviously trying to impede. Good no call on that, even though it looked like Jim Brown stiff-arming some 160lb dude into innerspace.

I mean, even Collinsworth was saying "Just jam Gronk, dont let him even get near the end zone, do what you need to do"

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
If Blake Bortles is injured and his $19m becomes guaranteed, what are the odds that we see a salary dump trade ala Brock?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

If Blake Bortles is injured and his $19m becomes guaranteed, what are the odds that we see a salary dump trade ala Brock?

I doubt we will ever see something like that again tbh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MrLogan posted:

Considering that the team was pretty pleased with his progress (at least publicly) and he made immense strides with his throwing mechanics, footwork, and turnover ratio while throwing to injured and/or UDFA receivers this year....not very likely. Seriously - the receiving yardage leader was a UDFA.

The Jaguars were the leading rushing team because of blunt force trauma plus smoke and mirriors; not because the OL was that good at run blocking. Bortles was sacked and hit so little (comparatively) because he was houdini-esque with his pocket movement; not because the OL was pass-blocking that well (Dick Lebeau inside stunts beat the OL every. drat. time.). The OL was improved from years past and Blake was running for his life less. In fact, when he time to stand (or side-step without needing to run) in the pocket and throw he was pretty good at making some really good throws.

A bunch of Blake's ints were good passes to open receivers, who quit on the route because :confused: or who popped the ball up in the air like idiots (see above: throwing to UDFAs). Marquise Lee lead the league in dropped passes; the Jaguars as a team were 6th in the league at drops.

So either I am doing a drat fine job convincing myself to be OK with Blake Bortles still being the Jaguars starting QB next year while getting paid 19.1mm dollars OR he may have actually been serviceable!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Which wrist is hosed up, the throwing hand?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Which wrist is hosed up, the throwing hand?
Correct. He suffered the injury last year and they tried to fix it without surgery but it didnt work, so he was on the injury report all of this year. He dealt with soreness and some inconvenience the whole time, so they operated once their season ended.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So either I am doing a drat fine job convincing myself to be OK with Blake Bortles still being the Jaguars starting QB next year while getting paid 19.1mm dollars

this is what you're doing hth

I was going to go into a bunch of stats here about how Bortles wasn't particularly efficient or accurate in even this, his best season, and threw a lot of short passes and relied on YAC to get there, but the point is, the stats paint a picture of Bortles as a below-average QB who was asked to do very little this year and managed to be good enough in that role for the team to succeed. He's not Trent Dilfer bad, but the upgrading at QB to a better passer can mean the difference between "The 2018 Jaguars followed the blueprint of the 2002 Buccaneers" and "2018 was the year the Jaguars dynasty began'

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What I hope the Jags do is realizing they can't cut Bortles, is bring in Tyrod Taylor as a modestly priced backup, and then oh whoops, he just happens to completely outplay Bortles in the preseason, guess he's the starter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheChirurgeon posted:

this is what you're doing hth
:randno:

Kalli posted:

What I hope the Jags do is realizing they can't cut Bortles, is bring in Tyrod Taylor as a modestly priced backup, and then oh whoops, he just happens to completely outplay Bortles in the preseason, guess he's the starter.
I would be fine with this, Tyrod is the kind of QB that the Jaguars need (low turnover, can throw bombs, elusive in the pocket). He would have better weapons in Jax than he ever did in Buffalo. I would be happy with a Garrard 2.0.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kalli posted:

Downslope of his career backup QB Eli.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/960497693163483137

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Finally.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I now like the Eagles. It won’t last, but it’s true right now.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I now like the Eagles. It won’t last, but it’s true right now.

Hell, :same:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He would have better weapons in Jax than he ever did in Buffalo.

You know, people keep stressing this "Tyrod never had any weapons" narrative while conveniently forgetting that for his first two years in Buffalo he had both Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, who were both pretty instrumental parts of the Rams' passing attack this year, and Marquise Goodwin, who almost had 1000 yards receiving with Jimmy G throwing to him for only a handful of games. On top of that, he also had one of the greatest running backs of the last 5 years or so to rely on in both running and passing games. Sure, he had no good receiving options this year, and his production suffered accordingly. I think any potential production he might have with Jacksonville would be similar to what he had with Buffalo this year, which wasn't even good enough to beat Bortles in a head to head game.

I think Tyrod Taylor is a fine QB, and barring any better options I would like the Bills to stick with him for now. I just think that anyone who pins the hopes and dreams of their franchise on him because he was this great QB in hiding being held back by a loser franchise or whatever will end up being disappointed with him on some level.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's unsourced and nobody else has reported anything else other than Long, Smith, and Jenkins skipping.

I want it to be true too but it's not, at least yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sheen Sheen posted:

You know, people keep stressing this "Tyrod never had any weapons" narrative while conveniently forgetting that for his first two years in Buffalo he had both Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, who were both pretty instrumental parts of the Rams' passing attack this year

Huh, Sammy Watkins had 593 yards receiving this year and Robert Woods (in 3 fewer games) had 781.

I have no real opinion about your point but I thought both of them were much better than they actually produced. Also Sammy Watkins best year was Tyrod's first as a starter for what it's worth.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CapnAndy posted:

It's unsourced and nobody else has reported anything else other than Long, Smith, and Jenkins skipping.

I want it to be true too but it's not, at least yet.

Trump needs to attack the Eagles over a fake tweet and make it come true lol.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
NBC 10 estimates that 2 million people are on the Eagles parade route :stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

axeil posted:

NBC 10 estimates that 2 million people are on the Eagles parade route :stare:

every time I see crowds that big I start thinking about fluid dynamics and how I definitely don't want to be part of that crowd

like check this out:

https://twitter.com/6abc/status/961652821727825921

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fly Eagles Fly!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Someone is flying a Naty Light flag.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rajmathai/status/961667209666863104

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

drat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/961668166211522561

Soooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha

• Locked thread