Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

SKULL.GIF posted:

Pederson should have won COTY

He's Coach of Our Hearts

I wonder how much or how little Pederson's coaching style will impact the way other coaches act and adjust. Personnel is a big part of it (having strong offensive and defensive lines that can create or negate pressure the entire game—all on their own—no doubt leaves you plenty of room to play more aggressively), but there are teams out there with more potent offensive weapons whose coaches have to be looking at the risks Pederson took throughout the year and thinking, "Well, why can't we do that?"

Chip Kelly's team looked like hot poo poo until teams figured out how to shut his offense down entirely. I'm not sure Pederson's doing anything particularly new offensively outside of just being aggressive and making strong halftime adjustments.

Like, if Reid had Pederson's aggressiveness, McNabb may very well have made it to a few more Super Bowls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/960573176228073472

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Yes remember every dollar of Jimmy's contract is leaving Jed York's pocket

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/961701254568333312

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/961706225845981184

Well now its even better

Also tag urself im the owner of the multi-million dollar company who doesnt know how many games jimmy g has played, some of which were with my favorite team

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
what a god drat child lol

he must have been bawling his eyes out after the super bowl

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It was either sign Jimmy G to a long-term, massive contract or franchise him for 2 years and have him leave via FA and trade a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith to replace him

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

Don't you know the rest of their players don't matter?

It sure seemed to matter in the Super Bowl when Brady threw for 505 yards and they still lost.

Toaster Beef posted:

He's Coach of Our Hearts

I wonder how much or how little Pederson's coaching style will impact the way other coaches act and adjust. Personnel is a big part of it (having strong offensive and defensive lines that can create or negate pressure the entire game—all on their own—no doubt leaves you plenty of room to play more aggressively), but there are teams out there with more potent offensive weapons whose coaches have to be looking at the risks Pederson took throughout the year and thinking, "Well, why can't we do that?"

Chip Kelly's team looked like hot poo poo until teams figured out how to shut his offense down entirely. I'm not sure Pederson's doing anything particularly new offensively outside of just being aggressive and making strong halftime adjustments.

Like, if Reid had Pederson's aggressiveness, McNabb may very well have made it to a few more Super Bowls.

I mean, if Reid wasn't prone to turtling up, and having his offense run 2 minute drills in 6 minutes with a huddle between every snap, he'd be a Hall of Famer.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

piss tape israel posted:

what a god drat child lol

he must have been bawling his eyes out after the super bowl

His tears are being used to make a fantastic amber ale right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/LeftSentThis/status/961710362994163713

:nyoron:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
But which one is which? :ohdear:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I love this because it's both so disingenuous and good bait

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 8, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Toaster Beef posted:

He's Coach of Our Hearts

This reminded me, which one of you Eagles fans was the guy who spent the first half of the season posting things like "Well Pederson is holding the fort down, but I hope we fire him and hire the true head coach Jim Schwartz?"

It was you axiel wasn't it? Or maybe not. Someone was doing this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Axiel also had a full blown meltdown when we lost to the Seahawks and thought the walls were tumbling down. He's our emotional guy.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

DariusLikewise posted:

It was either sign Jimmy G to a long-term, massive contract or franchise him for 2 years and have him leave via FA and trade a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith to replace him

smith somehow coming full circle back to the 49ers would probably cause me to have a stroke. Don't do it jed I got kids

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

This reminded me, which one of you Eagles fans was the guy who spent the first half of the season posting things like "Well Pederson is holding the fort down, but I hope we fire him and hire the true head coach Jim Schwartz?"

Nah I've loved Pederson from the start

Diqnol posted:

Axiel also had a full blown meltdown when we lost to the Seahawks and thought the walls were tumbling down. He's our emotional guy.

Correct, that was me.

I've gotten better about my emotions about football :shobon:

Or well I'm trying to at least. More positivity, less doom and gloom

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Grittybeard posted:

I had said that ironically, but it was entirely as an indictment of schwartz inability to be a head coach and nothing to do with pederson.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

axeil posted:

More positivity, less doom and gloom

Gee, I wonder why you feel that way now...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My favorite axeil post was a long rant after chip won his first game with sf because he was furious because chip doesn't deserve happiness.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i am definitely not going to read any of the posts in this thread to see if i was beat but id just like to say: They should have given Jimmy Garoppolo $126 million guaranteed annually. Thoughts?????

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
jason kelce is cool but pretty much every eagles fan doomed and gloomed the team after wentz died

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad that the 49ers just priced Denver out of the Cousins sweepstakes

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Spoeank posted:

My favorite axeil post was a long rant after chip won his first game with sf because he was furious because chip doesn't deserve happiness.

Well we won a Super Bowl and now he's back in college coaching at UCLA where he'll never amount to anything so I'm mostly satisfied.

Still want him busted down to high school football though but its hard to be too mad these days.

whypick1 posted:

Gee, I wonder why you feel that way now...

:therapy: works my friend

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nick Foles Super Bowl MVP caught a TD pass to defeat the Patriots and it was NOT an Ambien nightmare

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axeil posted:

Well we won a Super Bowl and now he's back in college coaching at UCLA where he'll never amount to anything so I'm mostly satisfied.

Still want him busted down to high school football though but its hard to be too mad these days.

:therapy: works my friend

he's being millions of dollars to coach a game and everyone who follows the sport knows his name and has succeeded as a coach at both the college and pro level

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

jason kelce is cool but pretty much every eagles fan doomed and gloomed the team after wentz died

True, most people don’t believe

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't be a poo poo to your wife, kids

quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Panthers are expected to hire an outside candidate for their general manager vacancy.

Under investigation by the league for harassment against his ex-wife, interim GM Marty Hurney appears to have been taken out of the running. Thus far, the Panthers — who are also looking for new ownership — have interviewed 49ers executive Martin Mayhew, Texans assistant GM Jimmy Raye III, and Bills executive Lake Dawson.

my money is on jimmy raye.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

axeil posted:

He’s probably going to run roughshod over the PAC-12 again and may actually manage to win a natty this time. He’s a good college coach and your vendetta is weird, especially now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Josh Allen is gonna be amazing, jokes on you!!!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
axeil def thinks Chip is worse than he is but the dude dismantled a cool rear end Eagles team

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I dunno the team had riley cooper, it wasn't very cool.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

You're a Denver fan that doesn't want Cousins? lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SA2K: Denver Fan

I knew it was inevitable. Fans can only take it on the chin so many times.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Not only that but he will not shut up about their Super Bowl wins

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FizFashizzle posted:

my money is on jimmy raye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnO40AGRSc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Lmao

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

For fuckin real lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Welcome to Broncos Country, Ross :D

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

mcmagic posted:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

• Locked thread