Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I managed to construct an HK416 and a NTW-20 both of which I am solidly :geno: about. On the other hand I just saw the MP5 in a cutscene and she's freaking cute.

The character designs in this game have been very hit or miss for me. Some of them have a lot of personality, others not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

don't forget you are completely free to discard the lives of your friend's echelons, or your own dolls if you are fighting a boss. they won't get mad as long as you're dying to something worth fighting for!

just kill teslavi's frontline m14 over and over again, it's fine.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

I;m playing now and it feels like a light tactics game with cute girls that are actually guns. We will see if I keep playing after a week!

Still playing, added my code to the friend list.

How does batteries work? I go to dorms and sometimes I can get them, most of the time I cant.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Exmond posted:

Still playing, added my code to the friend list.

How does batteries work? I go to dorms and sometimes I can get them, most of the time I cant.

When you visit the dorms, it'll say "Open" and then a time frame, that's when batteries are able to be collected. I know that on the east coast, the time is 9pm to midnight

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Exmond posted:

This took me a while to figure out: when visiting friends' dorms, the batteries usually only show up at night. I guess it takes time throughout the day for them to regenerate. When I started visiting friends' dorms at night instead of in the morning, I was able to start collecting 10 per day consistently.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Friend batteries reappear at 6PM and 6AM EST, six hours from this post. I don't know the exact number but each friend can only give so many batteries to visitors and it's on a first come first serve basis so you got to be quick.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

TalkLittle posted:

This took me a while to figure out: when visiting friends' dorms, the batteries usually only show up at night. I guess it takes time throughout the day for them to regenerate. When I started visiting friends' dorms at night instead of in the morning, I was able to start collecting 10 per day consistently.

:eng101: You're close. Friend dorm batteries reset at 3am and 3pm server time separate from our own dorm battery reset time. Every person's battery can only be collected once, so it's first come first serve. Your best bet is to check friend dorms right after they reset and get to them before others do.

http://gftimers.netlify.com has timers for both sets of batteries.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Det_no posted:

Friend batteries reappear at 6PM and 6AM EST, six hours from this post. I don't know the exact number but each friend can only give so many batteries to visitors and it's on a first come first serve basis so you got to be quick.

It was either one offering per dorm they own and 2 batteries each, or one offering period of x batteries where x is the dorms they own.

I think it's the latter.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

PerrineClostermann posted:

It was either one offering per dorm they own and 2 batteries each, or one offering period of x batteries where x is the dorms they own.

I think it's the latter.

The latter, more dorms means more batteries. I'm not sure if only one friend can collect but I wouldn't be surprised seeing how fast batteries go. It certainly can't be more than five visitors per person, at most.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

One of the several ways to screw yourself this event is by opening the event prizes too soon. According to the datamine you should wait until week 2 to open event prizes, specifically the 800-point one, because more than likely most of us aren't going to beat mission 2-4N in time to unlock and then collect enough calibration tickets.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

TalkLittle posted:

One of the several ways to screw yourself this event is by opening the event prizes too soon. According to the datamine you should wait until week 2 to open event prizes, specifically the 800-point one, because more than likely most of us aren't going to beat mission 2-4N in time to unlock and then collect enough calibration tickets.

why does it matter if you open them? the task is to use 200, not collect

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

why does it matter if you open them? the task is to use 200, not collect

I noticed that contradiction too. If collection doesn't matter, I don't know why he recommends waiting until week 2 to open that gift for calibration tickets. Either way I won't be taking chances.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The hell is rescuing a T-doll? getting one as a drop in a fight?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I think so

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I have no real reason to post this other than I hope you guys want thread title suggestions.
https://twitter.com/MowtenDoo/status/999790498750476289

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The Chinese version just finished a DJMax collab, complete with rhythm game battles, so...

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Yes, rescue is getting them as drops.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Schubalts posted:

The Chinese version just finished a DJMax collab, complete with rhythm game battles, so...

What the. Are you for real. I am so glad I started playing this game.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I have a costume appear in my inventory but I don't know where it came from. Do they drop randomly?

stratego
May 6, 2007

Crasical posted:

I have a costume appear in my inventory but I don't know where it came from. Do they drop randomly?

If it's the bunny machine gun it's a launch log in bonus.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

stratego posted:

If it's the bunny machine gun it's a launch log in bonus.

It was the bunny machine gun. Okay, thanks for the clarification.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

So far I've been operating under the assumption that the later 2* characters are mostly to help you fill out your ranks as you unlock more echelons, and therefore been mostly ignoring them. Are there any 2* characters, or classes, in particular that I should pay attention to? Including any that make good replacements for early-game ones.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

PPK is a really good handgun.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

TalkLittle posted:

So far I've been operating under the assumption that the later 2* characters are mostly to help you fill out your ranks as you unlock more echelons, and therefore been mostly ignoring them. Are there any 2* characters, or classes, in particular that I should pay attention to? Including any that make good replacements for early-game ones.

F2000 is a great assault rifle and was the top damage dealer on my main team until I swapped her for AR15.

PPK has a good buff and is apparently a good tank for rifle teams when she hits level 80 and can start using exos. I like 1911 for the smoke grenades but dunno if she's outstanding or anything, MP-446 shows up on a couple 3HG/2RF lists I've seen.

IDW has high evasion and her skill doubles it. The other 2* SMGs seem somewhat lackluster to me due to their low evasion.

LWMMG is apparently good but I haven't started using MGs yet, can't really comment on the the 2* rifles either but G43 has a night focused ROF buff so she'd probably be worth leveling up for night teams.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

IDW has high evasion and her skill doubles it. The other 2* SMGs seem somewhat lackluster to me due to their low evasion.

Spectre has the same skill, but higher base stats other than Accuracy. IDW has a wider, defensive tile buff, while Spectre has a one-tile damage buff.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Biggest problem with 2 star SMGs is that skorpion and sten are both INCREDIBLY common and perfectly servicable 3 star SMGs

The only 3 star handgun as good as PPK is Makarov (who's legit top tier) and she's nowhere near as common of a drop

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks for all the tips. I've been considering swapping out the extremely common C96 3* HG during the daytime because I realized she's meant for night battles. PPK sounds like a good alternative, although I've been neglecting her thus far in favor of the many other higher-rarity HGs.

Otherwise the only 2*'s I'm currently running are Spectre M4, G43 as an okay rifle (but alongside M1918 MG and 9A-91 AR so that echelon's probably already fine in terms of firepower regardless), and PP-2000 in my logistics-only echelon so she doesn't really count.

Actually, starting to feel I'm getting close to the tipping point for unlocking a 6th echelon. My logistics-only echelon is looking too strong -- Micro Uzi x3, M9 x3, PP-2000 x3 just hanging out doing logistics is a waste. But drat, 880 gems for the 6th? Is there a point where missions start to get significantly easier with 5 full-strength echelons participating?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The reason to have 6 echelons is so you can have 4 doing logistics 24/7 and still use 2 for actual combat

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I think I'm missing something important:

What types of missions actually give T-Dolls experience?
Does Logistics? Does Auto-Battle? Is the only time they actually get stronger when I actually sit and supervise them in a mission?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Crasical posted:

Does Logistics? Does Auto-Battle? Is the only time they actually get stronger when I actually sit and supervise them in a mission?
auto battle

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Crasical posted:

Normal missions give your squads experience as they fight, with the leader and MVPs both getting a bonus. (I think it's a x1.5)

Auto-battles give a paltry sum, not really enough to be notable.

The EXP simulation gives XP based on completion, with each level giving that flat block of XP divided up among every squad deployed. (Everyone in the squad gets the block, it isn't divided again.)

Logistics and other simulations do not give XP. Simply existing on a battlefield without getting into a fight gives no XP.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Logistics does nothing for exp. Events will soon want multiple combat echelons for top clears, and gold medals already kind of require them in several missions.

Btw, first major event will want night echelons so get cracking!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Gamerofthegame posted:

Normal missions give your squads experience as they fight, with the leader and MVPs both getting a bonus. (I think it's a x1.5)

Auto-battles give a paltry sum, not really enough to be notable.

The EXP simulation gives XP based on completion, with each level giving that flat block of XP divided up among every squad deployed. (Everyone in the squad gets the block, it isn't divided again.)

Logistics and other simulations do not give XP. Simply existing on a battlefield without getting into a fight gives no XP.

So basically 'you have to sit down and manually grind and you better not miss any exp simulation days'. gently caress.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Crasical posted:

So basically 'you have to sit down and manually grind and you better not miss any exp simulation days'. gently caress.

Planning mode helps to semi automate the grinding.

I need to find a good tutorial video of night mode with some explanation of how to set up the squads and gearing. 1-4N beats me mercilessly.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Night Mode: https://en.gfwiki.com/wiki/Guide:Combat_Missions Scroll down to Difficulty.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PerrineClostermann posted:

Logistics does nothing for exp. Events will soon want multiple combat echelons for top clears, and gold medals already kind of require them in several missions.

Btw, first major event will want night echelons so get cracking!

Where's the info on what the next event will be?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Crasical posted:

It's not really that bad. My whole team is around level 70 after 100 clears of 4-3E, and if you wanted to make an emulator macro for it you could do grind while you sleep, or at least while you do something else on a different tab

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
It's the 'start-and-stop' nature of it that is bothering me. Unless you're saying that I shouldn't be taking damage and needing to repair?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I keep running out of ammo while grinding. Each run consumes 260 ammo for what amounts to 1/6th of a level. Gaining levels has been so slow that I'm dismantling my 2* guns for ammo and rations because my team, backup team, and backup backup team are stat capped.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Ephraim posted:

I keep running out of ammo while grinding. Each run consumes 260 ammo for what amounts to 1/6th of a level. Gaining levels has been so slow that I'm dismantling my 2* guns for ammo and rations because my team, backup team, and backup backup team are stat capped.

run more logistics, and running 4-3e with the proper strategy (throwaway handgun on the HQ, one squad on the lower right, auto to the finish) should only consume 80% ammo from one echelon (160-180ish? unless you're levelling an MG)

e: if you unlock chapter 5 and 0 (by finishing 4-4e) you can get up to a max of 840 ammo/hour plus additional on great successes

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Crasical posted:

It's the 'start-and-stop' nature of it that is bothering me. Unless you're saying that I shouldn't be taking damage and needing to repair?

Essentially, yeah, your goal should be to minimize damage as much as possible. If you're getting repair times of more than ten minutes, try an easier spot. When I do 4-3E, my repair time is usually 2 minutes, so grinding happens pretty quickly. Even if you are able to complete a more difficult map, it'll be a lot slower in the long run when you factor in even moderate repair times.