Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I keep pulling duplicate 5 star girls after I spend the cores on them :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

After 500 runs of 4-3E, I found that I could take the AR team and tag-alongs to x4 and still have a lot of cores left.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
100 runs, zero G36c. Her expected drop rate is normally 0.3%, but still

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

gachapon is loving stupid

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Emalde posted:

I hope you got the gun of your dreams

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Emalde posted:

Have fun using 30000 ammo again next week!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TalkLittle posted:

Have fun using 30000 ammo again next week!

Won't be too hard, to be honest. You can reasonably get 10k+ Ammo a day. Worst case you load up a machine gun squad and use up all the ammo!

e: Just for clarity, you can get a maximum of 20,200 ammunition per day.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 30, 2018

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I got vector and sr3 on the next two crafts immediately using the censorship compensation tickets they gave us so I technically averaged out, but it sure was dumb

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

Won't be too hard, to be honest. You can reasonably get 10k+ Ammo a day. Worst case you load up a machine gun squad and use up all the ammo!

e: Just for clarity, you can get a maximum of 20,200 ammunition per day.

Ah, that's really good to know. Then I won't feel bad about going on a T-Doll shopping spree. Man, the devs really know how to extract gems from players though. All these 3*, 4*, 5* characters demand extra T-Doll capacity, probably extra sim energy, echelons, and maybe dorms. And of course you want to roll multiples since cores are hard to come by. T-Doll contracts seem way overpriced in the shop though? Considering how many you get for free from missions.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TalkLittle posted:

Ah, that's really good to know. Then I won't feel bad about going on a T-Doll shopping spree. Man, the devs really know how to extract gems from players though. All these 3*, 4*, 5* characters demand extra T-Doll capacity, probably extra sim energy, echelons, and maybe dorms. And of course you want to roll multiples since cores are hard to come by. T-Doll contracts seem way overpriced in the shop though? Considering how many you get for free from missions.

I know this might sound like I'm taking a jab at you, but I feel like gfl has been remarkably great as far as standard mobage trappings would go if you're being smart about resources. The trappings are definitely there and oh are they pretty harsh, but it seems mostly to target people who just hulk out and burn through resources like mad without thinking. I'd recommend maybe reading up a bit on a resource management guide or two because it's definitely self sustainable.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

I know this might sound like I'm taking a jab at you, but I feel like gfl has been remarkably great as far as standard mobage trappings would go if you're being smart about resources. The trappings are definitely there and oh are they pretty harsh, but it seems mostly to target people who just hulk out and burn through resources like mad without thinking. I'd recommend maybe reading up a bit on a resource management guide or two because it's definitely self sustainable.

Oh yeah totally, that's an understandable response given how my previous post reads. When talking about "all these 3* 4* 5* dolls" though I was mostly referring to the new incoming ones from the event mission to buy 100 T-Dolls. Outside of the event my resources had been pretty stable, but suddenly feeling the pressure with all the new characters I want to take care of.

On that note, I've been having scarily good luck rolling 4* and 5* with the general 430/430/430/230 recipe from https://en.gfwiki.com/wiki/T-Doll_Production
Urgh and that includes Mosin-Nagant whose bundle I was planning to ignore entirely, but now that I got her, I'll have to consider if I want to spend gems on that too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TalkLittle posted:

Oh yeah totally, that's an understandable response given how my previous post reads. When talking about "all these 3* 4* 5* dolls" though I was mostly referring to the new incoming ones from the event mission to buy 100 T-Dolls. Outside of the event my resources had been pretty stable, but suddenly feeling the pressure with all the new characters I want to take care of.

On that note, I've been having scarily good luck rolling 4* and 5* with the general 430/430/430/230 recipe from https://en.gfwiki.com/wiki/T-Doll_Production
Urgh and that includes Mosin-Nagant whose bundle I was planning to ignore entirely, but now that I got her, I'll have to consider if I want to spend gems on that too.

You may have an addictive personality and to that I simply offer a solitary good luck

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If you really want to craft 4* and 5* guns, make handguns. They have a disproportionately high number of 4/5* compared to the overall number of guns, their crafting times are low so you don't need to blow quick productions on them, and they don't cost a lot of resources to make. I'm 16 production tickets into the event and I've already gotten two 4s and one 5 (and it was Grizzly!). This is a double good idea because of the night event coming up, you should be able to make due I hope with the story AR team but you'll need some handguns in there.

For clarity, the recipe I use is 150/150/150/150 or 130/130/130/130 depending on how superstitious Im feeling

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

You may have an addictive personality and to that I simply offer a solitary good luck

Dude, it's a f2p gacha game. The entire point of the game is to get good characters and make them stronger. And buy furniture for them. Anyone regularly spending time on this game, even as a f2p player, could be classified as having an "addictive personality". Please keep that condescending poo poo to yourself.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you really want to craft 4* and 5* guns, make handguns. They have a disproportionately high number of 4/5* compared to the overall number of guns, their crafting times are low so you don't need to blow quick productions on them, and they don't cost a lot of resources to make. I'm 16 production tickets into the event and I've already gotten two 4s and one 5 (and it was Grizzly!). This is a double good idea because of the night event coming up, you should be able to make due I hope with the story AR team but you'll need some handguns in there.

For clarity, the recipe I use is 150/150/150/150 or 130/130/130/130 depending on how superstitious Im feeling

Interesting, sounds like a good tip. Since I'm running low on resources after pulling ~60 at 430/430/430/230, I'll probably stick with the 130/130/130/130 for the rest of the event.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I can't wait for when the 'only level cute guns' strategy I have going completely destroys me lategame.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
first rule of mobage is cute = esports

what's it's really going to destroy is your free time and wallet

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
What is a 'digi mind update'? Is that even out in America yet?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's an "evolution" system for some T-dolls and no, it isn't.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Crasical posted:

What is a 'digi mind update'? Is that even out in America yet?

From seeing bits of it on the wiki, sounds like it might be related to backstory scenes for each T-Doll. So maybe related to the Cafe that the game keeps telling us about but doesn't exist?

So, anyone successfully roll a costume from the token gacha so far? I don't think I'll get my hopes up since the cheapest dress is 100 exchange tickets versus 50 for a 5* furniture, and I assume the drop rates are scaled accordingly. To buy one outright, 100 tickets = 910 tokens spent = 5400 gems = $50. And 416's costume is 6 times that :stonk: I pray that no poor soul would actually need to use the ticket exchange after rolling that many times to acquire 600 tickets.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I got a skin for a gun I don't even own.

As for the hundred tickets quest, all I got was a Type 97 and G41. I've already invested in AR-15, M4A1, and FCC so I certainly didn't need more ARs. Good thing the game gives you the best 3* rifle in the game because I don't have a single 4* or 5* one aside from a lone Springfield.

I pretty much need to take a break every other day for my ammo to refill to level up new squads. I have 40k MP, 30k Rations and 20k Parts but 2000 ammo.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Lord Ephraim posted:

I got a skin for a gun I don't even own.

As for the hundred tickets quest, all I got was a Type 97 and G41. I've already invested in AR-15, M4A1, and FCC so I certainly didn't need more ARs. Good thing the game gives you the best 3* rifle in the game because I don't have a single 4* or 5* one aside from a lone Springfield.

I pretty much need to take a break every other day for my ammo to refill to level up new squads. I have 40k MP, 30k Rations and 20k Parts but 2000 ammo.

If you're that pressed for ammo, consider corpse dragging for your level grinding needs. Takes up 1/5th of the resources.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Lord Ephraim posted:

I have genuinely no idea how you're using up so much ammo. What logistics are you running, what team are you using, and what map are you farming?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TalkLittle posted:

So, anyone successfully roll a costume from the token gacha so far? I don't think I'll get my hopes up since the cheapest dress is 100 exchange tickets versus 50 for a 5* furniture, and I assume the drop rates are scaled accordingly. To buy one outright, 100 tickets = 910 tokens spent = 5400 gems = $50. And 416's costume is 6 times that :stonk: I pray that no poor soul would actually need to use the ticket exchange after rolling that many times to acquire 600 tickets.

2% drop rate for costumes. 416's costume is so much more expensive because it's Live2D, while the others are static images.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Schubalts posted:

2% drop rate for costumes. 416's costume is so much more expensive because it's Live2D, while the others are static images.

If my math is right then that means you need to roll 35 times to get a 50/50 chance for a costume, or 114 times for a 90% chance.
Ooh Live2D :shittypop:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TalkLittle posted:

If my math is right then that means you need to roll 35 times to get a 50/50 chance for a costume, or 114 times for a 90% chance.
Ooh Live2D :shittypop:

No longer do I have to justify paying money to gacha games for JPEGs, the stakes have been raised. We play for .gifs now.

(note: I have never actually spent money on a gacha game)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

it's only around $400 to buy a live2d skin outright. no big deal.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
live2d stuff looks creepy so i'll avoid it

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

TalkLittle posted:

From seeing bits of it on the wiki, sounds like it might be related to backstory scenes for each T-Doll. So maybe related to the Cafe that the game keeps telling us about but doesn't exist?

I pulled a WA2000 on my first day copying somebody’s recipe in the production log when I had no idea what I was doing (I still don’t), and I spent my free gems on a 10 pull and got her dress yesterday. I figure it’s all down hill from here.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Two days later and I think I'm doing pretty good. Just finished chapter 3 today, so now I'm trying to level the AR team (or at least M4 and Ar15 for now). Willingly spent money, now I have 8 deployment slots and a slightly more comfy dorm, I just couldn't handle my girls sleeping on cardboard boxes (now they don't have beds, but things are much fancier). I've been crafting like a fiend, and now have, uh.... Mosin Nagant, PTRD, TAR-21, UMP9, Sumoi, and the bonus gift FAL, not that they see use outside of logistics and auto battles at this point.

Mostly been raising the AR team with M14, Sten and Skorp at this point, as I think I have enough cores to bring both M4 and AR15 to 3x. did dummy Sopmod before I realized that AR15 is the better investment, but thats fine, its just investing in the future. Also have a 2* team of AR/SMGs, but they're still waiting, as I want to have my A team be ready for the future. Currently they're sitting at around level 40, other than AR, but that will change.

...Roughly how long does it take to go from 'scrape by 3-6 with support abuse' to 'ready to take on chapter 4'? Seems like I'm closer than I thought, last time I looked up anything on future team building or leveling I mentally added a digit onto the combat power of the enemies on 4-3E and though the jump from enemies at roughly 1.5-2 k power to 10k power was a bit much, but I seem to have been mistaken.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ashsaber posted:

...Roughly how long does it take to go from 'scrape by 3-6 with support abuse' to 'ready to take on chapter 4'? Seems like I'm closer than I thought, last time I looked up anything on future team building or leveling I mentally added a digit onto the combat power of the enemies on 4-3E and though the jump from enemies at roughly 1.5-2 k power to 10k power was a bit much, but I seem to have been mistaken.

If you're around 6k combat effectiveness you can start farming 4-3E. Even though the enemy strength for the farming route is only like 2.5k, there's a rocket launcher enemy in each group that will injure your backline unless you take him out immediately with an AR, but they cant hit it from the back line so you need to play a little farther up than normal. Farming isn't worth it unless you can stay under 10 min repair times, so grind some of the lesser maps until you get there.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ashsaber posted:

Two days later and I think I'm doing pretty good. Just finished chapter 3 today, so now I'm trying to level the AR team (or at least M4 and Ar15 for now). Willingly spent money, now I have 8 deployment slots and a slightly more comfy dorm, I just couldn't handle my girls sleeping on cardboard boxes (now they don't have beds, but things are much fancier). I've been crafting like a fiend, and now have, uh.... Mosin Nagant, PTRD, TAR-21, UMP9, Sumoi, and the bonus gift FAL, not that they see use outside of logistics and auto battles at this point.

Mostly been raising the AR team with M14, Sten and Skorp at this point, as I think I have enough cores to bring both M4 and AR15 to 3x. did dummy Sopmod before I realized that AR15 is the better investment, but thats fine, its just investing in the future. Also have a 2* team of AR/SMGs, but they're still waiting, as I want to have my A team be ready for the future. Currently they're sitting at around level 40, other than AR, but that will change.

Probably less than a week. I've been playing for exactly 14 days and have been on 4-3E for XP farming for most of this week.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

why can't I marry 416 with m16

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

You could do it in spirit... enhance one with the other, or disassemble one and use the cores to dummy link the other. Remember to take a video.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

because i'm married to m16

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

TalkLittle posted:

You could do it in spirit... enhance one with the other, or disassemble one and use the cores to dummy link the other. Remember to take a video.

:chloe:

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

In case anyone was wondering, there is a reason to rollback calibrations, but apparently only for those that include a debuff (like accuracy +7, ROF -3). You'll notice that the 2 stats go up and down in tandem, so after the first calibration you might end up with accuracy +6 and ROF -2, but it eventually improves to accuracy +7 and ROF -2. Just putting that here because the purpose of rollback wasn't obvious to me at first, when calibrating equipment that only had a straight buff.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Is there a list anywhere with enemy compositions of each night battle? It's kinda annoying to bring a rifle team only to find out there's no armored units anyway.

plot.lost
Aug 21, 2007
You can look at mission maps and enemy placement here: http://underseaworld.net/gf/

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

plot.lost posted:

You can look at mission maps and enemy placement here: http://underseaworld.net/gf/

Thanks, that's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Echelon 1 has been moved out of their bunker into a fancy high-rise hotel suite.
Echelon 2 is reportedly delighted to now have twice as many cardboard boxes to sleep on.
Echelons 3-5 still having to camp outside.
The division commander was quoted as saying "Why is the furniture delivered by drop pod?!"

This ends the Dormitory Report. And now, FFP-9 with the weather...