Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Torrannor posted:

Martin Fourcade will win at least three Biathlon gold medals for France.
Or none because that poo poo happens all the times in Olympic games. :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Torrannor posted:

Martin Fourcarde will win at least three Biathlon gold medals for France.

bien

Toplowtech posted:

Or none because that poo poo happens all the times in Olympic games. :france:

:(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
He doesn't have to fear the Boe brothers being better than him at least.

Perhaps one of our brave German lads can snag the gold if Fourcarde has a bad day :germany:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Well that was an unexpected podium. We need a Fourcade emoticon saying :thatsbiathlon:

This prediction from last year with a dominant Germany is on track. https://nz.news.yahoo.com/forecast-germany-top-medal-table-pyeongchang-olympics-143146158.html

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Did the French woman at least make it to the podium? She was doing really well for a while.

Also dear Lord the woman from Italy. Hitting the slopes and looking like a model with deadly aim, even under duress. :stare:

(I'm sorry I don't know their names, I didn't know poo poo about biathlon before last night and they had names and numbers popping up at seeming random and it's all kind of a blur)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chokes McGee posted:

Did the French woman at least make it to the podium? She was doing really well for a while.

Also dear Lord the woman from Italy. Hitting the slopes and looking like a model with deadly aim, even under duress. :stare:

(I'm sorry I don't know their names, I didn't know poo poo about biathlon before last night and they had names and numbers popping up at seeming random and it's all kind of a blur)

Marie Dorin Habert only finished fourth.

I don't know which Italian woman you mean, perhaps Dorothea Wierer? She came in 18th place.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Well, that was a pleasant surprise. A good result for the German men on top of the gold.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Great event this morning

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I enjoyed watching the women's sprint this afternoon on replay. All 3 of the winners seemed really happy :unsmith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is it just me or does having sprint and pursuit and mass start seem like a way to multiply be number of available medals?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it just me or does having sprint and pursuit and mass start seem like a way to multiply be number of available medals?
Pretty much. But we could start ranting about swimming too.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe, but they are the same events as they have in the world champs and world cup in the four intervening years as well, where the number of events has grown the past 20 years. Any given biathlete has a shot at four individual and two team medals, which is a bit more than luge and a lot more than curling. Hard to say which balance is fair or not. It's most unfair to women who are into nordic combined, they don't get to compete at all!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dahlmeier is immune to wind. What a champion!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ola posted:

Dahlmeier is immune to wind. What a champion!

Fantastic race

Biathlon really is so cruel, you come into the last station wanting to die and if you miss you just have to ski further

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pursuit result:
Gold Fourcade :france:
Silver Samuelsson :sweden:
Bronze Doll :cryingmerkel:
4th Bo :norway:

It's nearly back to the championship results.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 12, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
good job martin :france:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Check out Tiril Eckhoff's tough training regime at the shooting range, from 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHd6xZiUgdI

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

goddamnit norway, get your poo poo together.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

BUG JUG posted:

goddamnit norway, get your poo poo together.

Targets are insufficiently moose-shaped.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I feel like this thread will appreciate this video, featuring some of France's great biathletes, and other non-biathlete skiers.

https://www.facebook.com/teamvaloche/videos/1795689707397197/

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I hope Dunklee is feeling better.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Looks like a huge Swedish upset in the 15 km!

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Two misses on Fourcade! Misses the last two of twenty shots total, incredible.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

military cervix posted:

Two misses on Fourcade! Misses the last two of twenty shots total, incredible.

And then straight into Tarjei shooting for the gold and 2x Bøe on the podium, but he also misses two. God drat this sport is so cruel.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ola posted:

And then straight into Tarjei shooting for the gold and 2x Bøe on the podium, but he also misses two. God drat this sport is so cruel.

Tarjei: :cry:
Johannes: :cry:
Me: :cry:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
From the politoons thread:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Mass Start tomorrow going to be goooooood. Those side by side shooting moments are fantastic.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Kuzmina is a beast

edit: holy poo poo her last shoot. The yips on the final shot

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Athanatos posted:

Mass Start tomorrow going to be goooooood. Those side by side shooting moments are fantastic.
As are the side by side finishes. :v:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

As are the side by side finishes. :v:
Yes that was a close finish. :france:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I was convinced fourcarde had lost by diving a fraction to early

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I was convinced fourcarde had lost by diving a fraction to early
Pretty sure Fourcade believed he had lost too.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
That was nuts

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm still mad about it :mad:

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
They really need a racing + shooting event in the summer Olympics. Horse Archery would rule.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

tylertfb posted:

They really need a racing + shooting event in the summer Olympics. Horse Archery would rule.
The Modern Pentathlon has actually combined their running and shooting parts now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

tylertfb posted:

Only if the horses also get medals.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Happy for Martin :france:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Women's relay after 2nd shooting, Vitozzi is as inspired as in the mixed relay, Dunklee also having a great day, perhaps inspired by Diggins/Randall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nominating Joanne Firesteel Reid for most 🔥 name of the Olympics.

• Locked thread