Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dang how many years does Richt have left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Losing Diaz is gonna hurt a lot too.

I think Anthony Soloman will end up flipping to Michigan with Diaz going to Temple.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m pretty good at being wrong about everything so Richt’s failure in Coral Gables was preordained by my optimism HOWEVER even I am surprised at how badly he is turbofucking it down there.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It looks like Barry finally wised up and brought in a bag man

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1073996440106618881

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oregon lands Thibadeaux, if nothing else, Cristobal it's a legit recruiter.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HimsoHam/status/1071918354074648576?s=20

Oh ffs Mullen

thats a recruit and the tubby guy is his dad

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/niedermeyerb/status/1074746186391830528?s=12

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/HimsoHam/status/1071918354074648576?s=20

Oh ffs Mullen

thats a recruit and the tubby guy is his dad

How is that not awesome and hilarious

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dad does not seem fully committed to the chomp but yeah that picture is good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you aren’t on board with the parents dressing up

https://twitter.com/jackfish801/status/1074715569629278208

https://twitter.com/shanonvinamarks/status/1074154414263410688

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Buff dad :stare:

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1074736076311486469

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

There is nothing about this that isn't awesome and fun and if you disagree you're a dullard.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 18, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was posting it because of Mullen’s doofy rear end picture

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was posting it because of Mullen’s doofy rear end picture

That wasn't clear, sorry, so I removed your quote--but the opinion remains for the other dude.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

dphi posted:

Oregon lands Thibadeaux, if nothing else, Cristobal it's a legit recruiter.

gently caress balls

gently caress

I hate Oregon so much

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

we're expecting Justin Fields at FSU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Hope he's comfortable with a TBI before he can drink legally.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Everyone is expecting him at college X. FSU is a dumpster fire, though, so why would you expect anything?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Komet posted:

Everyone is expecting him at college X. FSU is a dumpster fire, though, so why would you expect anything?
:toot:

LeeMajors posted:

Hope he's comfortable with a TBI before he can drink legally.
God I hate our offensive line so much.

We never have to see our center let at least 1 if not more defenders attack our QB unabated as badly as Eberle did

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

God I hate our offensive line so much.

We never have to see our center let at least 1 if not more defenders attack our QB unabated as badly as Eberle did

I've never seen a good QB take an undeserved beating as badly as Francois has. What a loving shame.

Some bad QBs with bad decision-making skills and bad o-lines have taken a beat down. Francois didn't deserve any of that poo poo.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Supposedly OU is in the running for the Fields sweepstakes.

Oklahoma and transfer QBs, name a more iconic duo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love this kid

https://twitter.com/diwunblack/status/1075016890882424833

talking poo poo about a team that keeps blowing us out lol

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

pillsburysoldier posted:

OU and Ohio State are both apparently in the running as well.

Fields with Riley or Day would be completely terrifying honestly. Like, dude has some of the craziest tools I think we've ever seen in a prospect, just needs the reps and time on the field.

I also just really want FSU to prove they can have an offensive line before they start ruining awesome QB prospects. Watching Francois have to coach linemen on the fly between plays this year made my soul hurt.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm biased of course, but if you were a transfer QB why would you not go to OU? We have no real QB after Kyler leaves and Baker/Kyler are a pretty respectable track record.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Quandary posted:

I'm biased of course, but if you were a transfer QB why would you not go to OU? We have no real QB after Kyler leaves and Baker/Kyler are a pretty respectable track record.

Oh most definitely

TheGreyGhost posted:

OU and Ohio State are both apparently in the running as well.

Fields with Riley or Day would be completely terrifying honestly. Like, dude has some of the craziest tools I think we've ever seen in a prospect, just needs the reps and time on the field.

I also just really want FSU to prove they can have an offensive line before they start ruining awesome QB prospects. Watching Francois have to coach linemen on the fly between plays this year made my soul hurt.
Word is Francois is transferring and UCF is in the running.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

if day is retaining more of meyer's offensive style, i'd have to think fields is a bit better of a fit there but it's not like ou would be a bad choice. taggart apparently had a great relationship with fields too, but if you're competing with osu and ou with the sell that "hey our oline will be good enough to not kill you in a year maybe!", the odds don't seem great

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thought this was interesting

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1075038147518627846

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Quandary posted:

There's a chance Riley is coaching in the NFL by the time he's eligible to play

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Quandary posted:

Rattler coming in could mean if Fields doesn’t get his waiver he’s staring at a situation of having to beat him for the starting job.

Even if he does get the waiver he would have the top QB prospect nipping on his heels next year.

E: that is to say, if he thinks playing time is the only thing between him and NFL millions he may just not want to deal with competing for the starting job. Which also makes this talk of Ohio State as the front runner a bit odd. I would think Florida State makes the most sense.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 18, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Someone please explain this to me like I’m 5.

Why do UW Stanford and UCLA have so few offers?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Someone please explain this to me like I’m 5.

Why do UW Stanford and UCLA have so few offers?

Maybe Stanford has something to do with academic requirements?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Pandanaut posted:

Also, Chip has always been picky about who he recruits. Even at Oregon, he only offered kids he really felt fit the system and would basically ignore anyone else at that position. There was an article I read recently about him avoiding the higher rated recruits because he wants kids that are able to molded - basically system players.

Petersen is similar with his OKG thing - he only offers kids that fit his system and culture.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I think some coaches/recruiters just have a different style when it comes to offers. I know Mack Brown really didn't like to make an "offer" until a recruit basically said they would accept upon receiving it, and even then the offer was supposed to always be made in person. He wanted a Texas offer to be seen as a rare and special thing given only to a select few and seldom refused, not something that lots of people just have in their back pocket. It clearly worked pretty well for him for a while, and then maybe not so well at the end.

This gets even muddier when you talk about "non-committable offers," which is apparently a thing and I don't know if the count in the tweet is including those but I'm guessing so. A school that recruits like Bama is surely not extending 250+ offers and just accepting the first 25 who say yes. So it seems like a Bama "offer" is really more like an expression of interest by the school, an invitation to come hang out and possibly get a real offer. Whereas Stanford might like to play up their prestige and exclusivity by handing out very few offers. Also if they really do have high academic standards for athletes, there are probably a lot of players who will obviously never qualify and it's pointless to even get into it with them.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 18, 2018

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Thermos H Christ posted:

This gets even muddier when you talk about "non-committable offers," which is apparently a thing and I don't know if the count in the tweet is including those but I'm guessing so.

Yeah that's exactly the case. Offers don't cost anything to hand out, so it's an easy way to show some interest and get the school's name out there. Schools are always telling to recruits to hold off on committing until they know there's a spot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pandanaut posted:

Yeah Stanford is at the bottom of those lists every year. Their pool of available players is tiny compared to almost everyone else and they're really selective with offers. Northwestern tends to be really low for similar reasons

dphi posted:

Also, Chip has always been picky about who he recruits. Even at Oregon, he only offered kids he really felt fit the system and would basically ignore anyone else at that position. There was an article I read recently about him avoiding the higher rated recruits because he wants kids that are able to molded - basically system players.

Petersen is similar with his OKG thing - he only offers kids that fit his system and culture.

This is Iowa in the latter part of Kirk's tenure too. They got burned a lot in the mid/late 00s and then again with some of the Greg Davis recruits so they got a lot more selective with their offers

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 18, 2018

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Pandanaut posted:

Rattler coming in could mean if Fields doesn’t get his waiver he’s staring at a situation of having to beat him for the starting job.

Even if he does get the waiver he would have the top QB prospect nipping on his heels next year.

E: that is to say, if he thinks playing time is the only thing between him and NFL millions he may just not want to deal with competing for the starting job. Which also makes this talk of Ohio State as the front runner a bit odd. I would think Florida State makes the most sense.

Ehhhhh, if you're deciding right now, FSU's O-line would be a deal breaker for a dude just trying to get minutes and stay healthy. Counter of course is that it's probably the easiest starting job to win with how things have gone. OSU's appeal is apparently that Day had a pretty good relationship with Fields and his QB tutor who is pretty blunt about thinking Day is the ideal coach for his kids. Points against are obviously that Haskins could come back or that Martell could win the job with/without Fields having to redshirt and then just stay in it for 2-3 years since he's going to be looked at as a "college spread" guy for a lot of reasons or Baldwin, considering that was Day's pick of the litter last year with the same eligibility. OU has the whole Riley appeal to it, but you also have the potential of losing the job indefinitely to Spencer Rattler if you have to redshirt. Basically, there's no unifying theme here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pruitt using the shotgun method of recruiting

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Don't really get why Fields went to Georgia at all if he just was likely to transfer after 1 year while burning his eligibility.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
For what it’s worth as of the past hour or so, Justin Fields isn’t in the transfer portal.

TE Luke Ford is, but he wants to go back closer to home.

Supposedly Fields is gonna be in there before the end of the day, since he put his request in Friday. We shall see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Continuing the trend, Fields will transfer to your Missouri Tigers