Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7uHzZYREo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Wasn't it a big plot point from season five that everybody on Earth forgot about the stuff that happened during the RTD years?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

As much as I dug Capaldi and didn't want to see him go, I do think the Christmas Special was an episode too far (regardless of what I feel about the episode's quality itself) - Moffat obviously didn't want to throw all the big finale moments into the last episode of the season only to do it all again a few months later, but both episodes I feel ended up suffering because of it. It's why to me at least Whittaker's appearance and her,"Aww, brilliant!" reaction felt like a real breath of fresh air. Even if I don't know how well Chibnall will do as showrunner, at least it feels like we're getting something new and different now.

Moffat and Capaldi weren't originally supposed to do the Christmas special. They only stepped in to do it because Chibnall wasn't ready, and Moffat felt like if they didn't do one the show probably wouldn't get the chance to do one again in the future. That's probably why it felt a bit tacked on.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Is the trailer DEFINITELY playing tonight during halftime for the World Cup?

Yes. Should be about four hours from now.

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1017740714866827264

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Comic-Con panel is on Thursday. We should find out more there.

• Locked thread