Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I've been listening to the first series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures and really like it so far. "The Wrath of the Iceni" is extremely good. The rest are fine so far, but that one stands out. Tom sounds like he's having a lot of fun in all of them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I like every McCoy TV story in one way or another. Even "Time and the Rani." There's just something weird and great about that era of "Doctor Who."

The problem is, I don't really like many of his Big Finish stories. I don't know what it is, but they almost never work for me. I'm listening to "UNIT: Dominion" right now after hearing great things, and it's just boring me to tears.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/io9/status/964517444483198976

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

So, I listened to "Scherzo."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_/status/966989035381186561

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I bought "Timelash." I expect it to be terrible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Listening to The War Master box set. I really enjoyed part 1. Derek Jacobi owns.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I was busy today and managed to get through the War Master set in one go. I was really happy with it.

The Master is a Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I wish RTD would write something for Big Finish sometime. I'd like to hear him write a story for Four and Leela. That'd probably be fun.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I like "Rose" a lot. It's fun. Eccleston's run has this weird vibe that I like. Too goofy for its own good, but when it works, it WORKS.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'd heard of "Doctor Who" for years before I finally decided to check it out. I bought the THE BEGINNING DVD set and really enjoyed the vibe of Hartnell. Then I skipped to the TV movie, didn't know what the Hell. Then I watched from "Rose" on. All this happened around the time of Tennant's last few episodes. By now I own about half the DVD sets of the classic series and most of the modern show. And my Big Finish folder is getting increasingly ridiculous in size.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'm honestly surprised I didn't discover Who much much earlier. I have clear memories of our local PBS airing hours of British programming every Saturday. But somehow I missed Doctor Who. I did see Mr. Bean playing with a Dalek toy back then, not knowing what the Hell it was supposed to be.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Picked up some Literature today

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Honestly, I could use more optimistic sci-fi on my screen, and QL was nothing if not hopeful in tone.

And we totally saw what the back end of Project Quantum Leap looked like! And honestly, by going off the wall with its coloured block scheme, it didn’t really date.

I just wish we could have a Bluetooth TV remote or something that looks like Al's device.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Whoa, so The Celestial Toymaker is more racist than I thought. That Ruined Forever list taught me something.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

"Minuet in Hell" is gibberish.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope Big Finish can get Eccleston sometime. I really want him and McGann to be in a multi-Doctor story together.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Big Finish will adapt anything, though, so it's possible the whole thing will just be leering at the wealthy jewel thief in her flying bus.

The Who will provide the theme song.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Listened to "The Destination Wars" and enjoyed it quite a bit, after I got used to the voices.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Box of Bunnies posted:

Yeah, it was good stuff. Bradley's intonation still feels off to me but they all sell the story well and mannnn is the Gimme Gimme Gimme guy a real pleasant surprise as the Master

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to hearing more of him. I hope sooner or later, Big Finish does a huge Multi-Master story with as many of them as they can grab. Jacobi and Gomez would be a lot of fun together.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rewatching "The Trial of a Time Lord."

I love Brian Blessed.

I hate Sil.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/kendeep/status/977576325287497728?s=20

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

The 6th Doctor and Frasier are the same character.

I'd read this fan fic

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Remember that bizarre conspiracy theory that Morris was sitting on top of a giant pile of extra missing episodes he was refusing to return until Moffat was gone?

Well Moffat is gone, so where are the missing episodes? :mad:

Once Chibnall's first episode airs and Morris is sure Moffat actually is gone, I'll finally get to see "The Highlanders."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Listening to "Invaders From Mars." I love how silly it is. I wish they'd gotten Maurice LaMarche to play Welles, though, because whoever they have playing him is terrible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

"The Chimes of Midnight" is cool and good.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'm torn between the second War Doctor box and the second Classic Doctors, New Monsters box. Which should I go for?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

It's still really good, but boy that voice does hurt it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Is there anywhere I can still get Big Finish's Stargate and Highlander stories?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

They did Highlander audios???

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/highlander-the-lesson-7
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/highlander-love-and-hate-39
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/highlander-the-secret-of-the-sword-40
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/highlander-kurgan-rising-41
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/highlander-the-four-horsemen-77

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope they do a proper multi-Master story at some point, since I imagine this is gonna be a One Master Per Disc thing. I really want to hear all the others get annoyed with Eric Roberts's version.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Gonna pitch my idea of 11 going back to 1984, so he can watch Ghostbusters and Gremlins on the day they both premiered, which he claims is the one undeniably perfect day in history. Obviously, real ghosts and gremlins keep interrupting him as he tries to watch the movies in peace with Rory.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Since Big Finish launched an Eighth Doctor sale on the day I get paid, I just bought all four DARK EYES sets. How is it? And how much will it hurt the experience if I haven't listened to all of The Eighth Doctor Adventures?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Which set should I grab from Big Finish while I have an extra $20? UNIT: Cyber-Reality, or The Worlds of Doctor Who?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just bought JENNY - THE DOCTOR'S DAUGHTER from Big Finish. I just want to know what in the Hell they're gonna do with that character.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just did a calculation, and in the past 6 weeks, I have spent $400 on Big Finish. I have a problem. Too Much Entertainment.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Has anyone listened to that Jenny set yet? I bought it, and was just wondering if anyone's beaten me to listening and could give impressions.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Pretty stoked to get into this set.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I listend to the "Jenny" box set and it was pretty fun. That's honestly all I have to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just bought the Shada/30 Years in the TARDIS DVD set and I really love how half-assed Tom is about reading from cue cards in the narration links. I'll pick up the animated reconstruction sometime, but I really do enjoy seeing The Curator 20 years early.

I also bought Destiny of the Daleks. I expect it to be bad.

• Locked thread