Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I'm excited for a new take on the show by a whole new crew. Let's hope they don't gently caress it up. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I have some bad news about the new intro for the show

https://twitter.com/LFCNev/status/975403198558154753

it's wetter on the inside

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I never understood why those people started a society at the bottom of the ship*. Wouldn't they go down there, fix the engines, go back up and go "we've been gone how long?" Time would seem to pass normally for them right?

* i am an idiot, so this might be the problem.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Makes sense i guess. Didn’t consider the engines would have been running unchecked for decades.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

BF has released the cover artwork for that Lady Chirstina audio coming out:

Probably not the most flattering picture of Michelle Ryan they could have chosen...so we've got Sylvia Noble to look forward to (I like Jacqueline King, and it depends if it's snooty Sylvia, or post Journey's End Sylvia), Sam Bishop (crossover from their new UNIT series), Sontarans, which BF usually find something interesting to do with, and...Slitheen.

The farting. Can't you hear it? I thought it would stop, but it never does. Never, ever stops. Inside my head. The farting, Doctor. The constant farting.

[e]: Yeah apparently him in a UNIT cameo.
VVV

haha, what? who the hell wanted this?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I don't know much about how tv-shows are written, but i'm wondering if a writing room won't homogenize the episodes?
One of the reasons i like Who is because you don't really know what you'll get. Will it ba a Zontaran Invasion or a Heaven Sent?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I kind of love the idea of giving a Dalek claw arms and other gadgets. It feels like it shouldn't work, but somehow it does.

Honestly about time they got rid of the toilet plunger

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Also reports of filming on locations.

Wouldnt that just be a list of quarrys?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Is that teaser really intended to get people excited for the show? "The doctor regenerates pizza? This i've gotta see."

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I would assume it's just time shenanigans by the doctor. the end.
But maybe it's a hint to a new gimmick the doctor has, instead of psychic paper or sonic screwdrivers?

jivjov posted:

"It's regeneration, not regenderation" -ostensibly an adult fan of Doctor Who

I'm sure it looked awesome in impact font on a low resolution meme on their facebook page.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

now I know how all those tumbler people felt during 10's run.

looks proper alien. i like it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Burkion posted:

I'm not going to lie

I would be so much more excited for this season if the last five seasons and 7 (8?) years hadn't drummed me down into the ground so hard.

This last season was probably Moffat's second best and I really wish Capaldi got a season he deserved to have.

Even if you're a grumpy gus like me, the fact that there is a brand new team making the show should freshen it up a bit and make it interesting. I mean, at the very least it'll be bad in a different way. I'm looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

We've seen the new Tardis, yeah? That trailer gave me the impression they're going to be using that spaceship as a replacement. Especially the bit where she snaps her fingers and the next clip is the ship materialising. Maybe relocating the tardis is a season long thing?

• Locked thread