Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

After The War posted:

Not quite, hold on...

"Not Quite, Hold On," the title of Santiago's sex tape!

Seriously, that picture is loving adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

“I’m a Doctor but not the one you were expecting”, title of my sex tape

The new Big Finish line of audios...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't see Andre Braugher :( Still, that's a fantastic photo.

No love for Joe Lo Truglio?

Though Boyle is probably sitting in a pizza parlor enjoying the mouth feel of a suddenly regenerated slice.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

McDragon posted:

"Number Five. Number Five killed my brother"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Isn't that Boyle between Gina and Hitchcock?

You're right! Wow, I didn't recognize him!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I love that the first one basically ends with the stage set for Utopia, but on the special features they were already saying,"Yeah we're totally gonna do more!" :3:

Not even the Master can resist the pull of the Big Finish canteen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Awwwwww! :3:

Of course, now I can instantly hear Peralta asking "Captain, you're a million years old and know everything. What's a police box? I only ask because there's one downstairs."

When they arrive, Terry's trying to lift it. And succeeding.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The Doctor - "Do you want to come with me? Because if you do, you're going to...Hitchcock, why do you have your shirt off?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Edward Mass posted:

I keep wondering, what would the 60th anniversary special, should there be one, be about? Another Time Lords-related problem?

Fixing this drat timeline.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

McGann posted:

Edit: "The Doctor's Office" coming next season of Doctor Who

"And just where did you get your medical degree, ma'am?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Edward Mass posted:

I'm SO CLOSE to starting LoT. I've got three episodes of Arrow and the Flash to get through until the pilot episode.

Warning - the first season with Hawkman/Hawkwoman is iffy and all but carried on the back of Wentworth Miller. The second and third seasons however are an absolute blast.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Differences in opinion.

The War Doctor takes on Time's most nefarious foe...bureaucracy.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress yes, then her and Sarah Jane competing with crazy poo poo they've done until they realize just how loving ridiculous they're being (Sarah Jane won, by the way!)

And poor Mickey, the tin dog.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Sweet. I'll be glad to replace all my DVD sets with these blu-rays to make more room on my shelves.

drat it, I JUST finished getting most of Old Who on DVD. Do you KNOW how much time I spent on eBay trying to find a cheap copy of The Two Doctors? loving Jimmy Savile.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So...in a few weeks they'll be a thread where we talk about new episodes?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bicyclops posted:

That episode is thirteen years old - old enough to start writing its own bad Doctor Who fan fiction.

Yep...my stepdaughter is thirteen and she's writing My Hero Academia fanfiction.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

That's entirely normal and fine.... unless she's writing Bakugo/Uraraka fanfiction..... :argh:

To quote, "ew." Then she went on for two minutes about the ships she prefers and I had no clue what she was saying.

Is...is this what getting old and out of touch feels like?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" is science fiction's Wilhelm scream. Discuss.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Astroman posted:

Yeah, but in the same movie would be bigger.

You could vaguely make the case that Greg Grunberg counts, though he was voice only in Star Trek. So if he were in this one...

Greg Grunberg as a companion in the next series. Who's with me?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Imagine if Jon Pertwee had played the Doctor later in the decade and his costume had been his Whodunnit? outfit:

Saturday Tea Time Fever.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sixth Doctor Jenny Agutter etc.

Now, are we talking Walkabout Jenny Aguttter, Logan's Run Jenny Aguttter, or Call the Midwife Jenny Agutter?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

All three, make for a hell of a multi Doctor episode.

Throw in Britt Eckland as the Master and Steve Moffat would explode.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hell, even the Big Finish trilogy with The Reaping/The Gathering/The Harvest was a better Cybermen story than a good 90% of the television stories...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Looking forward to the new thread title - What the gently caress, Chris Chibnall???

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Box of Bunnies posted:

For all the ways Let's Kill Hitler disappointed me, I absolutely have to give it credit for

quote:

Rory: Look. I know how this looks. Let me explain everything from the beginning. {he gives a Nazi salute} Heil!
Robot Guard: Heil! {and a punch}
Amy: Can you ride a motorbike?
Rory: I expect so. It’s that sort of day.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Only if the Doctor punches an old lady in the Tube and it turns out they were a Zygon.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Edward Mass posted:

If your Doctor Who-viewing is explicitly determined by the Doctor's gender, you're not really a Doctor Who fan. When I say that, I'm not just referring to people who plan to stop watching DW because of a female Doctor, I'm also talking about people who plan to START watching DW because of a female Doctor. You should want to watch DW based on the quality of story and acting, not because of the Doctor's gender. It's why I find it promising that Chibnall didn't specify the 13th Doctor's gender for his writers, not just because of the obvious writing down of the character as a cootie-haver, but also because I don't want a Joss Whedonesque Strong Female Lead.

A good example I'd give is Starbuck in the 2003 version of Battlestar Galactica. She's a three-dimensional character who is not defined by her gender, despite the fact the 1978 Starbuck was played by a man.

My counterpoint to this would be the little girl/teenager who sees a trailer or commercial and says “I want to watch HER.”

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

LividLiquid posted:

I started HRT today, so my regeneration has begun. :)

E: Typo.

I'm sorry...HRT?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Hormone Replacement Therapy, for transitioning regenerating.

Ah. Then good luck to you LL!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Like all Irish people, Graham Linehan is

Disclaimer: As an Irish person I am allowed to make this joke.

I'm Irish-American...does this mean I get to appropriate this joke?

It's going to be so weird as an American flipping from Sunday football to live Doctor Who without the slightest bit of hesitation. Even if my team is playing it's not even a contest which program I'd rather be watching and I'm a lifelong homegrown fan for one of the more popular clubs.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Edward Mass posted:

I don't have to make that hard a decision: the Texans play Sunday night!

The city of Houston sold its soul for an Astros' World Series win. This is the only way to explain the current state of Texas football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, I wish they keep their promise to me :colbert:

You’re still ticked you didn’t get that promised match on Smackdown, aren’t you?

• Locked thread