Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

At this hotel that I'm using their free WiFi I sat down and literally three feet away from me Steven Moffat was there. Next to him was peter harness.

Is this your subtle way of telling us you're attending the Gallifrey One convention, where they're both attending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

So it looks like the Season 12 bluray set is actually happening!

It does look tempting - I just hope that it's not overpriced...

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

I know it's a mock-up, but why are they using the 13th Doctor's logo?

It's apparently a new branding thing - everything has the new logo.

According to one of the Restoration team, the re-release of The Enemy of the World was on hold until they confirmed the new logo.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Forktoss posted:

EDIT: The new Target novelisations still have the old logo, don't they? Even the New Series ones, funnily enough.

No - they've put out the covers for The Mutants and The Dominators with the new logo, so they'll be switching over eventually.

Personally I'm more disappointed they've changed all the typefaces on the cover, whereas the text on the old covers (logo aside) were all evocative of the Target novelisations...

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

docbeard posted:

Still better than "lol I slept through the entire story" when they couldn't be bothered to write anything for Nyssa to do.

They had to write Nyssa out for two episodes since for some reason her contract only covered 24 of the 26 episodes in Season 19 and they had to cover the two episodes she wasn't in.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

FreezingInferno posted:

Maybe this is more going against bitter 80's Doctor Who fandom than the general consensus of the thread, but I adore The Underwater Menace and I'll hold it up as a bizarre example of Gonzo Troughton until the end of time. It's just so goddamned weird that I can't help but adore it.

The Underwater Menace is fantastic and probably my favourite Who story of all

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are there any other than the Savile one that would have to be taken out?

Apparently one of the special features on Robot on the S12 bluray was also trimmed to remove Savile, however the only other ones I can think of are where they lost the rights to use them, like the convention appearances on the original release of The Three Doctors.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Davros1 posted:

From what I can find, it's an audio issue on Sontaran Experiment and Revenge of the Cybermen

However the replacement Revenge discs being sent out are in fact the original discs, and not the corrected ones...

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

So according to German iTunes, and assuming this international concurrent release which has been discussed, of episode 1, we're looking at a broadcast date of Sunday, October 7th...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

That is actually perfect for me, so I don't believe it in the slightest :tinfoil:

Don't tell anyone, but the BBC are now sending out cease and desists to anyone reporting this news, so they're doing a really good job of confirming it's true!

• Locked thread