Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

remusclaw posted:

Was RTD unable to budget correctly as well or was there some creative reason for why we only got 4 eps that one year?

That had something to do with David Tennant playing Hamlet that year, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Ah, they've redecorated!

I don't like it.

(Actually, I do )

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Gynovore posted:

So I was lying in bed at 3AM last night and I came up with the final argument that this trilogy is complete poo poo. In Extremis, we saw a simulated world, with a simulated Doctor, and that Doctor is blind just like the real one. Except that the Doctor was blinded in an accident on a space station orbiting a mining colony a zillion light years away. So in order to know that the Doctor was blind, the simulation had to include that space station.

So, instead of a computer which simulates the Earth and all humans down to the atom- which strains credibility a lot- we have a computer which models the entire universe, which is completely loving impossible.

You don't know how the monks created the simulation. Maybe they scanned every atom of the planet and made a disk image on their giant quantum space hard drive they could mount on their holodeck, which would have copied the Doctor's blindness since it's a physical trait.

Extremis is a cool episode if you can handwave that bit, shame about the next two.

• Locked thread