Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
My first Who was the Tom Baker serial The Brain of Morbius. This would be sometime around 1982 (yep, I'm old), during a summer I was staying at my aunt & uncle's and right when I was leaning hard on Star Trek as methadone between Star Wars movies. After a brief chuckle at Morbius' henchman being named Condo, and getting a quick primer on the Time Lords from my uncle, I was hooked (and apparently on a pro-tier serial, with a lot of heavy series mythology and graphic violence). From then on, Four was My Doctor, Sarah Jane was My Companion, and after I got home I was disappointed to discover that my local PBS affiliate only showed DW on Friday nights.

I was really thrilled to see the Sisterhood of Karn from these episodes show up in the Paul McGann short for the 50th. I think that's the least irritated I've been with Moffat since "Blink."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
So you're saying it's time to pitch my spec script for a dark and gritty Space: 1999 reboot?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nero Wolfe, modern day, and keep the mostly-ensemble cast approach that the A&E series used.

goddammit, I miss that show.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, imagine Moffat and Gatiss doing a Nero Wolfe series

I'm afraid I must decline with thanks. There's only so much insufferability I can take in my short span of time upon this earth.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

George Lucas changed the design of Han Solo's ship because it resembled the Eagle too much. It became the blockade runner at the beginning.

Still, the 1999 Eagle became the Millennium Falcon

I've always been impressed with the capsules-and-girders design of the Eagle. It just screams "utilitarian human-built workhorse." I believe it also influenced the design of the human fleet ship in the Star Control games, though those were meant to be larger to house nuclear missiles and point-defense lasers. (Scale wasn't much of a priority in the early 90's PC gaming scene.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

If they remake Space 1999 they have to still call it Space 1999 and it still needs to be set in the super-futuristic year of 1999 :mad:

:yeah: :) :respek: :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I would love some on screen closure for Jack. It would be nice for him to meet Thirteen and find her completely unattractive now that she's a she.

As if that would stop him.

• Locked thread