Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vinylshadow posted:

In a way, I think it's for the best the Eighth Doctor is primarily audio, since that lets them get away with more stuff that would be difficult on a show budget

Still, needs more wobbly TARDIS consoles, occasionally bumping into the camera, and corpsing something fierce whenever Eight goes ham on some poor fool

Hey now, I was listening to Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf and Toby Hadoke says that apparently only happened twice!

Where'd that brainbug come from? There were some bad effects (The Myrka comes to mind), Scripts (Twin Dilemma) and acting, especially towards the end of the classic series, but where does the idea the whole edifice was shoddy come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I need this as a wallpaper for my PC, stat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I think this is news worth mentioning...
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/967370849010495488/

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

jivjov posted:

If anyone wants to try their hand at writing for Big Finish, the third annual Paul Spragg Memorial is open. This time you can write for any Doctor up through the 12th; excluding the War Doctor.

Finally, a chance to bring back the Shaka Doctor!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Quick PSA: The presently-ongoing Twitch stream has City of Death in its rotation. The first showing just ended, but there's still two more to come.

Watched it for the first time, and it really lives up to the hype.

All hail Duggan, hero of the universe!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

That was...short.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Matinee posted:

Bradley Walsh reading the Beano.

Is he going to be a man-child Who fan self-insert character?

I think he was reading a newspaper that turned into a Beano due to wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

I feel like this is the trio that has the most room for expanded stories to be told about, but also the one with the least chance of that happening.

Has everyone seen the trailer for Matt Smith's zombie movie (and Matt Smith's American accent?)

Good news! There's an ongoing Ninth Doctor comic that has what you want.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Davros1 posted:

Chibs saw no Daleks in Series 11

What will the Nation estate say about that? :ohdear:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Between that and it being canonically established Spider-Man is a Brooklyn 9-9 fan, this is a proud week for the Nine-Nine.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

Noice. Smort.

It gets better:
Wanna watch those episodes.

Speaking of episodes dearly want to see: Id love to see Jodie and Eccleston play off each other in a multi-doctor story. Or literally any other doctor. Basically I want to see 13 just be super hyped to meet her past selves.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Do Big Finish, Chris! The power of the lunch compels you!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

After The War posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a thread consensus about which episodes you should watch...

:kheldragar:

Robots of Death

City of Death! City of Death!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TinTower posted:

The only good DW fanfictions are the Thirteen fics that take the piss out of the "ruined forever" crowd.

Tell me more.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wheat Loaf posted:

I hope some episode next season has a scene or a cold open or something where Thirteen happens to arrive at the Blackpool Mecca in the 1970s and pointedly turns to the camera and says, "Northern soul is rubbish."

Didn't some people when the costume was revealed find some photos of the Northern Soul era, and Jodie's costume would have literally fit right in?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cerv posted:

you just really want closure on The Enemy of the World

Technically that happened in the Titan Third Doctor comics.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Forktoss posted:

Hold up

Tell me more

The Second Doctor shows up to help with the crisis at the start of the story - only for The Master to reveal it's actually Salamander in disguise, who got carried in the TARDIS' wake and wound up in London circa the Web of Fear, where he established a business empire based on his knowledge of future technology and then infiltrates UNIT (having caused the initial 'invasion') to get information about the TARDIS to make his own time machine to go and take over Victorian Britain. The Third Doctor stops him and he gets imprisoned in the 70s/80s. The story ends with him escaping prison...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

She literally breaks a glass ceiling.

:allears:

• Locked thread