Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeficientClutteredBluetickcoonhound-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Doctor will break all the laws of time to save Clara but not Donna or his goddamn wife and mother-in-law

Also, it's real bullshit that he got his memories of Clara back. Turns out all they had to do was agree she eventually had to die and then nobody needed to lose their memories, and she could have hung around with him forever :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rirse posted:

He probably can't shake the idea of really losing her after she been showing up since the very day he left for adventure and would constantly show up in some form.

Ok, yes, that was the reason they gave. But now he does remember? So I guess it was a bullshit reason?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I decided to finish up CLASS and uh, this was a terrible idea.

It's not even as good as Torchwood

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The funniest part of Class is how it ends with the Angels coming back for some reason

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In 2015, Steven Moffat endorsed the fan theory that Goronwy is a future incarnation of the Doctor, and said that the idea fit well with the Doctor's line about retiring to become a beekeeper in "The Name of the Doctor".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

City of Death is really good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I hated "Rose" a lot, I remember that. loving stupid trash can joke, etc.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pertwee will always be the best Doctor. Accept no other!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1SZs4xudf8

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

christopher eccleston has no responsibility to you or anyone else

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

But she has a TARDIS bus!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

He was monogamous with Ianto because they fell in love or whatever but previously he was depicted as just loving whoever he wanted, because it's the future

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

When he talks about how poo poo The Avengers is I just like him even more. Dude's savage

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

they should just give her baker's outfit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

colin baker's

Yeah that's what I meant

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

McCoy owns and Battlefield is great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah i guess 400 bucks an autograph would get me to do a con too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Did anyone want the Slitheen back? Anyone? Why??

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Doesn’t Clive say something about the title being inherited over the years, passed from father to son?

Yes, because they're a series of identical people.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cargohills posted:

Please just watch the old show. It’s better, mostly.

I think that's debatable wrt Colin Baker. Also imo McCoy is awesome in both

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

God it must run in the family. Got on a crowded elevator at the last con and made “boy this sure isn’t bigger on the inside” jokes. Elevator stopped and we all parted to let the guy in the back corner out.

It was Peter Davidson. Quiet as a mouse.

you should have asked him to sign your copy of All Creatures

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You know, it'd be funny if they did a Multiple Doctors story and didn't have them immediately reveal it to eachother. I want Seventh Doctor to try dealing with his new companion, a weird guy in a leather jacket who thinks everything is fantastic

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Eccleston's TARDIS looks like a cheap 2000s tv show set which is appropriate so it's not the worst ever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

"I am not a good man! And I'm not a bad man either. I'm not a hero. I'm definitely not a president, and no, I'm not an officer. You know who I am? I… am… an idiot! With a box and a screwdriver. Passing through. Helping out. Learning."

"I’m just a bloke in a box telling stories. I didn’t come here because I'm ashamed. A bit of shame never hurt anyone. I came… because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes, on a good day, if I try very hard… I’m not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor."

To me, that sums up the Doctor well enough

I AM THE ONCOMING STORM etc is the worst thing Moffat ever wrote

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe they'll film in a Scottish quarry this time to change things up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm glad DS Brooks gets to have an adventure after leaving the force

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Regardless of its relation to what will happen in the show it is a bizarre and dumb thing to show in a promo because I don't think Mystery Pizza is gonna get people hype

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lessail posted:

I wonder if there's maybe something that recently changed with Doctor Who that might bring in a new and different audience

Yeah but I don't see how that silent trailer did ANYTHING to show off the Doctor finally having a different accent

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

:hai:

The modern Sherlock has its fair share of problems, but The Abominable Bride paying homage to the shots of Holmes looking out Baker Street window taken from the ITV series makes up for a ton of them. Jeremy Brett's illness robbed us of a magnificent Holmes.

That episode is goddamn terrible, but I guess it's par for the course in BBC sherlock

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

To this day I don't understand how anyone could watch the Hound of the Baskervilles episode and think it was anything but garbage. And yet the show continued for two more seasons, somehow

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

People latched on to Cumberbatch and Freeman as a duo, I suppose.

It's true that they both do a good job with the material given to them. I don't think it's Cumberbatch's fault that he was told to, for example, act out a scene where Sherlock pretends Watson is going to die in an explosion simply to make him cry and beg to be saved, that loveable rascal.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Moffat and Gatiss are far more enamoured with the Sherlockian game aspect of the Sherlock Holmes canon (i.e. reconciling inconsistencies between the stories, usually by recasting everything as some grand, elaborate duel between Holmes and Moriarty) than they are interested in the actual mysteries.

I used to have this massive two-volume annotated Sherlock where the annotations were all, like, trying to establish what day things happened on and what kind of snake the speckled band really was and a bunch of other insane poo poo. it was incredible and I wish I still had it.

They determined the speckled band was ACTUALLY a hybrid lizard with no legs, that's definitely what ACD had in mind when he wrote the story

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I do think it's funny that Elementary was very clearly an attempt to ape the success of Sherlock, yet because it's far less ambitious it has ironically ended up a better adaptation

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

???

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

They should have had Susan or Romana show up as a man in the Christmas special. It'd be more thematic than Mark "Moffat's BFF" Gatiss getting another annoying and pointless cameo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I thought it was Stephen Fry

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i mean, i assume if they do get to 14 they'll probably be a woman again? i dunno i guess we'll see

alternatively, first american doctor

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Indian dr who would be more likely

depressed sanjeev bhaskar ambles around the tardis like a dead man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cant wait for the 27th doctor, played by a friendly german shepard named trotsky

e: watched the ambassadors.... OF DEATH. what a boring adventure for everyone involved :(

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 1, 2018

• Locked thread