Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

It's too bad David Bowie never got to be in Doctor Who.
I'm cool with fewer kidfuckers on British Television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm super shocked MeToo hasn't hit Rock and Roll yet.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It took me a bit to get on board with this after falling completely in love with I Am The Doctor, but I love it too. I'm more disappointed about Murray gold departing than taking on a supposedly bad showrunner.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

I've never listened to Big Finish before, but how? How? When this comes out, I need one of you to explain to me how this development is possible.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Though never explicitly stated, it seems after Day of the Doctor that the whole temporal lock that very firmly divided the revival from the classic series is no longer quite so strict, and as a result River continually bumps into various earlier Doctors and has to do her best to manage them.

Probably the best was her meeting with 6 & 7, because she and 6 got on like a house on fire but 7 just infuriated her to no end because he wouldn't let her get one over on him/trick him into forgetting things he shouldn't know.
What I meant was how on Earth would 4 recognize, remember, and know River and that she's his wife.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

As always, the answer is because he loving rules and is the best :allears:
If they don't explain it, I hope we get the same kind of cheeky non-explanation like Worf in Trials and Tribulations. Address it, but never explain it. It can be four's version of the master's "I lived."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I really dig that he did this, it should mean that they wrote for the character of the Doctor instead of tripping over themselves to acknowledge/point out the fact she's a woman now.
I'm over the moon about it. The "oh, brilliant" moment was so much better than the tired misogynistic joke I was expecting that it absolutely made my day and continuing on in that way is a very exciting prospect.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

The level of hype I am experiencing can't be good for me :stare:
I am so there with you. I'm worried that I'm going to be disappointed even if it's wonderful I'm so hyped.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I like my science fiction aggressively progressive and preachy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I started HRT today, so my regeneration has begun. :)

E: Typo.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 26, 2018

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You've always been good people, J-Ru. Even when I was having mental breakdowns and being erratic, you were never mean to me.

Also, it's weird that people still call you J-Ru, because I started that specifically because I know a dude named Jeremiah Russo and that was his nickname and I started calling you that and it caught on. So if you hate the nickname, I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

cant wait for the 27th doctor, played by a friendly german shepard named trotsky
Can you please not compare casting a woman or black person to casting a loving animal? Jesus Christ, dude.

• Locked thread