Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«108 »
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Has this game gone on sale yet, on Steam? I'll definitely get it next sale, now that I'm finally starting to play Warhammer: Vermintide 2 a bit less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rardge Rardge
Jan 20, 2017

When is this game supposed to collapse into an unplayable mess? I'm playing on PS4, and up to now I only had one issue, falling through the world geometry as I tried to clamber out of a river. This has been in roughly 15 hours of game time, I just started Mysterious Ways. I was expecting Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim (PS3) levels of jank based on word of mouth/reviews. Am I in the clear or does Bohemia eventually fold in on itself?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Now you gotta spend money to get all your stupid gang tags back.

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

Who the gently caress likes inventory management

It's one of the great myths of cRPG that intrusive inventory design is a design feature. You will get a bunch of angry fanboys screaming bloody murder if you try to make a cRPG with streamlined inventory management.

Also it's worth noting that the chief developer of this game struck success with a game that was designed specifically to be as annoying about menial details as possible (Mafia)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

"TELL ME HOW TO GET PIG SEMEN OUT OF SUEDE" Club soda, fucktard.

Rardge Rardge posted:

When is this game supposed to collapse into an unplayable mess? I'm playing on PS4, and up to now I only had one issue, falling through the world geometry as I tried to clamber out of a river. This has been in roughly 15 hours of game time, I just started Mysterious Ways. I was expecting Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim (PS3) levels of jank based on word of mouth/reviews. Am I in the clear or does Bohemia eventually fold in on itself?

Even in the early days things were pretty stable through the assault on the bandit fort going into act 2 where you fight the guy who stole the sword. After that ymmv.

There were a couple of broken quests, like the one where you are collecting the song birds southwest of Rattay (do it without saving or game breaks) and a couple of others. I never had any game-breaking bugs, personally.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

So how's the game now, patch-wise? I shelved it a few weeks after launch, should I keep waiting or has it stabilized?

e: I never had many stability/bug issues, wondering more about whether they've done much general balancing/changes/additions

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

Has anyone else in the thread become a master huntsman? It's my first title I've earned in the game and it was a rare achievement. I'm still really enjoying this game and it seems to get less buggy the longer I play.

Festus The Fetus fucked around with this message at May 27, 2018 around 16:46

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

Cast off the shackles of your slumber! The forums shall be ours once again!

The biggest thing I’m waiting on for this game is better performance. I get that it’s a gorgeous Cryengine game, but I get like 20 FPS in Rattay with a GTX 1080. poo poo shouldn’t be that poorly optimized.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

Siets posted:

The biggest thing I’m waiting on for this game is better performance. I get that it’s a gorgeous Cryengine game, but I get like 20 FPS in Rattay with a GTX 1080. poo poo shouldn’t be that poorly optimized.

There were some console codes you could use to fix the Rattay issues, but one specifically, in the swordsmith iirc, won't go away because of a bad texture or something.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

Oh hey, speaking of: DLC roadmap announced: https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-com...-due-this-year/

quote:

The DLC roadmap, which you can see at the bottom of this post, doesn't give release dates for individual pieces of DLC, but tells you roughly when they're due out. From the Ashes is up first, and it'll grant you control of an abandoned village that you have to build back up to its former glory. That will be shown off at E3, and it's due this summer alongside a free Hardcore Mode.

Two more story DLCs—The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon and Band of Bastards—are due before the end of the year, as are combat tournaments. We'll also get two new videos: a "making of" documentary and "Combat Academy", which will presumably help you get better at fighting off enemies.

The fourth story DLC, A Woman's Lot, will arrive early next year, as will modding support. A Woman's Lot will be free for early crowdfunding supporters.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

Oh God, that Sir Hans DLC will probably be hilarious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

precision posted:

Oh God, that Sir Hans DLC will probably be hilarious.

Between that and presumably a playable Theresa/actual end to her story I’m sold.

Siets posted:

I have an objectively shittier GPU than you but never get any fps issues on ultra, it’s all smooth sailing. There is something wonky with this game’s optimization.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Is this game pretty dependent on a fast CPU or something?
Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect FPS very much for me. i5-2500K, GTX 970.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I've shelved it, but i'm gonna go and complete this game probably in a month or two. Looks like they've kept up on working with it.

I don't see the inventory problems though, myself. Was a bit weird at first but I get it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

"Lordy, I hope there are tapes"
James Comey 2017

Siets posted:

PirateBob posted:

Is this game pretty dependent on a fast CPU or something?
Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect FPS very much for me. i5-2500K, GTX 970.

If you search this thread (or google for a ".ini" fix for KC:D) you should be able to find a fix that is a lifesaver; the default setting is pushing most of the load on the CPU instead of the GPU for some reason, resulting in very poor performances. Changing that setting alone I went from 30fps on medium to 45fps on ultra on a 970.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

That Italian Guy posted:

If you search this thread (or google for a ".ini" fix for KC:D) you should be able to find a fix that is a lifesaver; the default setting is pushing most of the load on the CPU instead of the GPU for some reason, resulting in very poor performances. Changing that setting alone I went from 30fps on medium to 45fps on ultra on a 970.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

So it's possible to put everything, including textures, to Ultra on a 970? It's only got 4GB of vram.

edit: can't find the ini fix you're talking about

PirateBob fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2018 around 15:21

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

PirateBob posted:

So it's possible to put everything, including textures, to Ultra on a 970? It's only got 4GB of vram.

I quoted the ini fix somewhere in my post history for the thread, if you'd rather troll through something shorter.

Yeah, a lot of people were able to push things to ultra on 970s, but it chugs in the cities or with >5 dudes around. YMMV.

edit, I lied but here is Hiero's guide which has the user.cfg hacks under the Settings header: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1305878776

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2018 around 19:51

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

"Lordy, I hope there are tapes"
James Comey 2017

PirateBob posted:

Apologies, it was user.cfg! And yeah, altough you'll have some frame drop in the large town. Outside that, you should be getting around 45fps if the rest of your rig is similar to mine (or more if you scale some settings down).

Edit: the Steam guide linked above should have everything; this is the exact final config I was using with my specs, plus a few before/after pics https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...9#post481824558

E2: apparently it was everything set to high instead of ultra.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2018 around 08:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I picked this up on a whim today and have played a few hours, I've just found Sir Radzig and signed up with him. The one thing that has impressed me so far is the quality of the writing and characterisation. So far there seem to be a couple of straightforward good guys, a couple of arseholes and people in between. I've not really seen much of the villains but I'm struck by the lack of moustache-twirling straight-up bad guys at the moment. People actually seem like they have believable motives and reservations and are, for the most part, fairly reasonable. Most other games wouldn't have been able to resist throwing in a puppy-kicking sociopath for you to root against at this point. I'm hoping this continues!

«108 »