Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You hit the gear cap pretty early in the game. The DLCs give out stuff that is slightly better but don't be expecting to find Saint John Paul's Chestplate of the Divine Cross or anything. Game is supposed to be grounded in medieval reality.

I opted out of equipping anything that required the tailor repair bag once I got tired of having to repair that poo poo every fight. You don't have to have every slot equipped. I kept a small set I would use for stealth in my inventory if I did need it though. Only 4 pieces of gear.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tenzarin posted:

You hit the gear cap pretty early in the game. The DLCs give out stuff that is slightly better but don't be expecting to find Saint John Paul's Chestplate of the Divine Cross or anything. Game is supposed to be grounded in medieval reality.

I opted out of equipping anything that required the tailor repair bag once I got tired of having to repair that poo poo every fight. You don't have to have every slot equipped. I kept a small set I would use for stealth in my inventory if I did need it though. Only 4 pieces of gear.

cool thank you

i did find saint michael's sword though

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If you're training against Bernard with real weapons, don't wear your fancy fashionables, they'll get tore up.

e. St. Michael's sword is a great early find. I have it and it means I can spend money on real armor instead of my primary weapon.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

mllaneza posted:

If you're training against Bernard with real weapons, don't wear your fancy fashionables, they'll get tore up.

e. St. Michael's sword is a great early find. I have it and it means I can spend money on real armor instead of my primary weapon.

i can't use it very well though, it's like 12 strength or something. I think I have 4. some day!

i found another sword, like a robber baron's blade or something like that. it has much closer requirements like 6 agility. i think ihave 4 of that too. it's a short sword though idk if that is bad

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 29, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Tabletops posted:

i can't use it very well though, it's like 12 strength or something. I think I have 4. some day!

i found another sword, like a robber baron's blade or something like that. it has much closer requirements like 6 agility. i think ihave 4 of that too. it's a short sword though idk if that is bad

Short sword is meant to be used with a shield. I would highly recommend sword+shield combat until you get OP.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Short sword is meant to be used with a shield. I would highly recommend sword+shield combat until you get OP.

rad

also i just got high in the woods and had a foursome i think

edit: nvm horsome

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Tabletops posted:

rad

also i just got high in the woods and had a foursome i think

edit: nvm horsome

godwin is a bro :hfive:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

well the quest tanks my reputation and there doesn't seem to be any way to end it without doing that so i'm just going to never talk to him about it again

also the game isn't letting me knock out sleeping people this is rude

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Godwin was my favorite quest so far.

Also, I can't get over how satisfying it is to kill enemies with a mace in this game. One second they are talking poo poo and chasing after you, the next they are groaning and clutching a body part as they ball up in the fetal position

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Godwin was my favorite quest so far.

Also, I can't get over how satisfying it is to kill enemies with a mace in this game. One second they are talking poo poo and chasing after you, the next they are groaning and clutching a body part as they ball up in the fetal position

Yes ! I just cleared out the bandit camp and started fighting the boss at the end, looking for my sword. I lost a couple of rounds because it was late and I was tired, so I decided to switch it up a little. Longsword v longsword ? Nah, I haven't tried my new mace yet. The first swing puts him down. *BONK* *THUD*

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Mace is the best weapon in the game and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. And I'll win, because I'll have a mace and they'll have a poo poo sword

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
BTW, Mod Tools have been released. So everything they promised to do for the game has finally been fulfilled.
Now we wait for KC 2.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Wafflecopper posted:

Mace is the best weapon in the game and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. And I'll win, because I'll have a mace and they'll have a poo poo sword

For generalist use absolutely, but if you're fighting a proper duel for some reason the extra reach on a longsword is just brutal.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

all of the dlc for this is on sale on PSN right now, is any of it worth picking up?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like all the weapons they all feel good. Maces may be too good because how all the end game guys use heavy armor and they are weak against maces. Mercy kill with maces is also really satisfying.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

big nipples big life posted:

all of the dlc for this is on sale on PSN right now, is any of it worth picking up?

If you enjoyed the game, the DLC bundle gets you everything for less than the price of the best two, which is a steal of a deal!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you enjoyed the game, the DLC bundle gets you everything for less than the price of the best two, which is a steal of a deal!

right now if you buy it all separately it's cheaper than the bundle because the bundle isn't on sale.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If you really really like the game, buy the dlc. I felt the game overstayed its welcome with it. The tournament was cool but holy poo poo the rest was just too much.

Hans capon's dlc is like 10 bucks for 2 quests. From the ashes is just rebuilding a town and unlimted money but not alot else. Women's lot is loving long as hell, its mega long. Band of bastards was pretty good and had a good length.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I dunno, I thought they were all good.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah I thought Tourney and Band of Bastards I thought were good, pretty unsold on the others. Haven't actually gotten around to playing the Theresa part of a Woman's Lot though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

For generalist use absolutely, but if you're fighting a proper duel for some reason the extra reach on a longsword is just brutal.

Usually. When you knock over the bandit encampment in Pribyslavitz you face the boss who was part of the raid on Skalitz. In your duel he uses a longsword. I lost two rounds against him with sword and shield, good fights but he just had an edge on me in combat skills. For the third try I pulled out my mace and ... *bonk* he goes down on my first swing. Fucker should have worn a helmet *spit*.

I like the DLC. Bastards gives you some good set-piece fights. Theresa's Story turns into a very tense, nightmarish stealth game. In my game she killed more people getting out of Skalitz than Henry did. The Tourney is essential combat practice, you need the work, and Henry needs the skill levels you'll gain; if you only get one DLC get the Tourney.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

mllaneza posted:

Usually. When you knock over the bandit encampment in Pribyslavitz you face the boss who was part of the raid on Skalitz. In your duel he uses a longsword. I lost two rounds against him with sword and shield, good fights but he just had an edge on me in combat skills. For the third try I pulled out my mace and ... *bonk* he goes down on my first swing. Fucker should have worn a helmet *spit*.

I like the DLC. Bastards gives you some good set-piece fights. Theresa's Story turns into a very tense, nightmarish stealth game. In my game she killed more people getting out of Skalitz than Henry did. The Tourney is essential combat practice, you need the work, and Henry needs the skill levels you'll gain; if you only get one DLC get the Tourney.

I had to reload that fight 10 times before I just tried popping him with an arrow before he made it over to me. Again: fucker should have worn a helmet. *spit*

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

I had to reload that fight 10 times before I just tried popping him with an arrow before he made it over to me. Again: fucker should have worn a helmet. *spit*

In the..hard mode or whatever it is, he does wear a helmet.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
I loving love this game, even though I haven’t really been much further than Ginger in a Pickle (lol with 60hrs played, too!)
Finally picked up the last two dlc over the winter sale and going forward with another hardcore playthrough. Ive only done some exploring outside of Peshek’s first task and I happened upon an ambush before they saw me. Choked out the first guy in the bushes and the other 3-4 attacked only to be cowed by my weak rear end thrusts and trusty pup. I got 90 groshen from one whole the others ran off and pilfered the baited corpse. Henry is off to a wonderful start! :v:

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

mllaneza posted:

if you only get one DLC get the Tourney.
Isn't the Tourney a free DLC now? I'm pretty sure that didn't buy it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This game is going to be given away for free on Epic soon.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Megazver posted:

If you can get this game for free, that is a steal of a deal! :monocle:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I got it through the Humble Monthly a while back and just finished it last night. With all of the DLC (except I didn't get all the way through Capon's escapades) and a lot of mucking about on side quests, I clocked in at 223 hours. Time well spent, I hope the sequel isn't too far away.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'd be surprised if it was out within the next couple of years

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

I'd be surprised if it was out within the next couple of years

:same:

And that's too bad. Henry has more story left in him, and so does Theresa. Hell, Sir Capon might really be turning into an adult.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I need more Jan Hus.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I hope they can get Brian Blessed again.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

mllaneza posted:

And that's too bad. Henry has more story left in him, and so does Theresa. Hell, Sir Capon might really be turning into an adult.

I mean, it's probably coming. It's just gonna take a while, because making RPGs is hard.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

mllaneza posted:

I thought they already announced the sequel would not involve the same characters, but instead be in a different area?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Mondian posted:

I thought they already announced the sequel would not involve the same characters, but instead be in a different area?
The same characters in a different area? ... including Henry's parents?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Megazver posted:

Free now through 2/20.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Tenzarin posted:

IWomen's lot is loving long as hell, its mega long.

I enjoyed a woman's lot, but I thought it was quite short. It fits in two days of game time after all it can't be that long.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Theresa and Johanka's story only takes place during 2 days? Johanka's questline is long as hell.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Theresa's story is a 2-day flashback to the raid on Stolitz. It's about half story, and half stealthy but daring escape. Johanka's story is several hours worth of quests inserted into Henry's ongoing story. I enjoyed both, but preferred Theresa's escape through a familiar landscape suddenly turned hostile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

mllaneza posted:

Johanka's story is several hours worth of quests inserted into Henry's ongoing story.

Oh cool! I didn't realize there was more, just did Theresa's and was sorry when it ended.