Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure i just master-striked my way through the entire tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PittTheElder posted:

Also "win clinch, stab towards face once" wrecks everyone in the tournament as far as I remember.

They usually get pushed out of range after I win the clinch.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, particularly with short swords, but in the tourney that problem is easily solved by manoeuvring your opponent into the corner where they can't back up.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think the Official Cheez-It Strategy is to go sword/shield, block everything, and face-stab repeatedly. :ese:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Beat Black Peter, but when I woke up the next morning for some reason my rep in Sasau had tanked to the point that I'd have to pay to interact with people, which went away later on without having to do anything in Sasau to fix it. A few days prior I'd run around town in the middle of the night unlocking anything that didn't have people nearby, but no one spotted me to cause a rep loss.

I dumped BP in the river behind the mill.

It turns out Waldensians is also time-sensitive. I'd found the Bauer's farm, but wanted to improve my stealth and speech so I went to do other things. After about a day the quest failed.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

It turns out Waldensians is also time-sensitive. I'd found the Bauer's farm, but wanted to improve my stealth and speech so I went to do other things. After about a day the quest failed.

I mean, that one had everything but a ship siren going THIS IS PROBABLY TIME SENSITIIIIIVE.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I have a quest-giver icon for Hans Capon, but he's shut himself in his room for a few days straight. I know you aren't supposed to be able to talk to him in the epilogue, but I'm only on All That Glitters and he wasn't shown as a quest-giver before this. Any suggestions?

Voyeur
Dec 5, 2000
I like to watch.

Paracelsus posted:

I have a quest-giver icon for Hans Capon, but he's shut himself in his room for a few days straight. I know you aren't supposed to be able to talk to him in the epilogue, but I'm only on All That Glitters and he wasn't shown as a quest-giver before this. Any suggestions?

Possibly one of the DLC quests he's involved in. Pick the lock and drag the workshy fop out of bed to tell you what he wants.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Voyeur posted:

Possibly one of the DLC quests he's involved in. Pick the lock and drag the workshy fop out of bed to tell you what he wants.

This reminds me of the time I was following a guard around Pirkstein and I followed him through a door onto a wonderful balcony, and I just stayed a moment to take in the view when I heard him shut the door behind be and realized I was locked out. It was a fatal fall in every direction, and I couldn't pick the lock...my last save had been hours ago so I stood around for about half an hour waiting for the guard to come back on patrol. Barely made it out...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Voyeur posted:

Ever time I've been there a guard has been posted at one end of the hallway or the other staring straight at the door.

Voyeur
Dec 5, 2000
I like to watch.

Paracelsus posted:

Ever time I've been there a guard has been posted at one end of the hallway or the other staring straight at the door.

Can you use the "go into an area you're not allowed and force the guard to leave his post to investigate" trick to get him out of the way? IIRC there's a dining hall at the end of the corridor with a locked door to a private room, making a noise in there would be far enough to buy you some time.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I stil have traumas from that drat chatedral

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
We just derailed the Cyberpunk thread for multiple pages discussing this game, so I thought I’d bump this back up since new people are playing it!

This is still holding up as my favorite RPG since Witcher 3 and one of my Top 5 of all time!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

We just derailed the Cyberpunk thread for multiple pages discussing this game, so I thought I’d bump this back up since new people are playing it!

This is still holding up as my favorite RPG since Witcher 3 and one of my Top 5 of all time!

Agreed, I don't have a lot of games with 200+ hours played. Admittedly a lot of that was slowly trudging back to town with a full load of loot, leading a horse that was equally overburdened. Gotta get paid y'all.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
just won the archery and sword fights against hans capon. i feel like a loving badass

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Zeta Acosta posted:

just won the archery and sword fights against hans capon. i feel like a loving badass

My first playthrough I whooped his rear end at rabbit hunting (without the crosshair hack enabled) and it was really satisfying. Much more of a sense of accomplishment than any other hunting task I've done in an open world game.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My first playthrough I whooped his rear end at rabbit hunting (without the crosshair hack enabled) and it was really satisfying. Much more of a sense of accomplishment than any other hunting task I've done in an open world game.

For me it was winning the hunting contest and dealing with the cumans. First playthrough, I did not gently caress around after the prologue, so it was my first time engaging in the actual mechanics with serious risks. Felt really rewarding.

Veeta
Dec 23, 2011

... καὶ ὡς ὑπὸ βελῶν τοῖς σοῖς κατατρωθήσονται ῥήμασιν.
My Henry got his rear end handed to him in all the initial sword/archery tutorials at the castle, but I was able to succeed in the hunting quest with Hans Capon on a fluke.

After spending a few minutes trying and failing to shoot anything (I think I may have even run out of arrows) I sent my Henry off to a tavern just outside the woods - if he wasn't going to win, he could at least use the remaining time to make some money with dice. Stumbling back as the deadline was nearing, he bumped into a hunter/poacher (i.e. a random merchant) in the middle of the woods, who had skinned rabbits for sale. I used the money I'd made from the dice games to buy them all and got back in time to be able to embarrass Hans.

I don't know if that merchant had been placed in the woods on purpose (good dev work, if so) or if it was just an example of emergent play (I'd run into travelling merchants before and would do after), but it was deeply satisfying. From that point I stopped playing my Henry as a wannabe merc, and shifted to playing him as a frustrated peasant who'd cheat and steal his way to success (it didn't pan out in the end, as there's a lot of combat in the game and I was pants at it. But it was the highlight of the game for me).

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Henry as the star of a stoner comedy

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yea I killed 80 rabbits and 4 boars with these 12 arrows, what of it

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

All the talk in the Cyberpunk thread got me interested too, I held off at launch after performance issues and bugs + having too many games to play.

What's the PC performance like these days? A bit of googling led me to some graphics config mods that seemed to be a bit help at least a year or two ago. But Optimized Graphic Preset (which I think was the go to) was taken down after some kind of mod drama, of course.

I figure I'll just give it a try as-is and see how it goes. Not expecting good 4k performance for my TV, but most games at 1080p with sharpening look good enough anyway, so as long as I can manage that I'm sure it'll be fine.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The only thing I did not enjoy about kingdom come was after the quest to allow you to hunt as many animals as you want with no reprecussions(trying not to spoil what it is). Then the follow up quests are hunt so many animals that I got so bored with it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
also won the hunting competition and metal gear solied those 2 cumans.
my henry is a loving badass

Toast King posted:

All the talk in the Cyberpunk thread got me interested too, I held off at launch after performance issues and bugs + having too many games to play.

What's the PC performance like these days? A bit of googling led me to some graphics config mods that seemed to be a bit help at least a year or two ago. But Optimized Graphic Preset (which I think was the go to) was taken down after some kind of mod drama, of course.

I figure I'll just give it a try as-is and see how it goes. Not expecting good 4k performance for my TV, but most games at 1080p with sharpening look good enough anyway, so as long as I can manage that I'm sure it'll be fine.

im playing on an old xeon 1246 and with the rx590. im getting 62 fps at 1080. you will be fine

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 21, 2021

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah PC performance is great. I originally played it on my old GTX 570 and it worked fine, much better on my 1080 now, despite my otherwise pretty dated components. All of the stability issues (I do seem to remember them existing) got sorted in the first month or two.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Zeta Acosta posted:

also won the hunting competition and metal gear solied those 2 cumans.

Read this as metal gear soiled

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
My second play through I made sure to have a horse before going hunting with Hans, I love that they thought to include dialogue for both options!

Also confirming PC performance is solid and I’ve heard that it works well on consoles now, too!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
How is it that I have 95 hours in this game, built up the DLC village, and finished almost every quest i could find except for the main one, and still only be like 1/4 of the way through the story?

I'm sitting on a pile of grochen wearing the Band of Bastards Big Bad plate armor, and everytime i get to the main story, i feel like they don't really realize I can buy and sell each of them with my 49k worth of money.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i went back to the starting town to retrieve some treasure and some guards were whooping some cumans rear end

i picked some busted armor and now my henry looks like a badass

some bandits tried to rob me but their sticks didnt do poo poo against my new armor.

game good

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Don't forget to switch to a mace as you start running into enemies with metal armor. Swords do nothing to plate and very little to chainmail, but a little tap with a mace will break ribs and skulls.

The halfway point boss, one of the guys who helped kill your parents is a great example. I tried matching him with a two-handed sword and got owned several times. I tried a mace and knocked him cold with my first swing. Maces own.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I just shot people in the face with a bow at point-blank range.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Axe-man posted:

How is it that I have 95 hours in this game, built up the DLC village, and finished almost every quest i could find except for the main one, and still only be like 1/4 of the way through the story?

I'm sitting on a pile of grochen wearing the Band of Bastards Big Bad plate armor, and everytime i get to the main story, i feel like they don't really realize I can buy and sell each of them with my 49k worth of money.

It's cause the game is very good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pribyslavitz completely destroys the game’s economy. You can outpace the economy on your own by selling armor, but Pribyslavitz turns it on its head. I may be the richest person in Europe, never mind Bohemia.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That's ok, there's not alot to buy.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Pribyslavitz completely destroys the game’s economy. You can outpace the economy on your own by selling armor, but Pribyslavitz turns it on its head. I may be the richest person in Europe, never mind Bohemia.

But can you buy your father's sword?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

It does but you have to plough an insane amount of money into it to get it to that state, the return on investment isn't all that great. Especially since you can still rob merchants for infinite groschen.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Why bother when killing like 10 fully planted Cuman or armored bandits will net you more money than most vendors can give you. My bandit murdering financed my village single handedly. I don't even stop over to get the money anymore, I just let it collect cause having like 45k gretchen felt silly when 600 is talked about ruining the tailor in the monastery

I also use my maintenance skills to increase the price back.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Axe-man posted:

Why bother when killing like 10 fully planted Cuman or armored bandits will net you more money than most vendors can give you. My bandit murdering financed my village single handedly. I don't even stop over to get the money anymore, I just let it collect cause having like 45k gretchen felt silly when 600 is talked about ruining the tailor in the monastery

To give context to this "In 1485 income from crown lands had totaled £29,000"

https://www.britannica.com/place/United-Kingdom/England-in-the-15th-century

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Axe-man posted:

So you're saying the cuman are creating jobs and bringing prosperity to the community?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The historical reason the cuman's stayed to loot the country side is some son of a blacksmith had already looted and killed everyone in the town of Skalitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Don't forget to switch to a mace as you start running into enemies with metal armor. Swords do nothing to plate and very little to chainmail, but a little tap with a mace will break ribs and skulls.

The halfway point boss, one of the guys who helped kill your parents is a great example. I tried matching him with a two-handed sword and got owned several times. I tried a mace and knocked him cold with my first swing. Maces own.

At launch you could just end the fight in like three seconds by stabbing him in the face, but they patched it to put a helmet on him lmao