Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«48 »
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Neurosis posted:

links don't work. ah well, sounds like i haven't missed out too much by only having access to herod's. i've seen stinger dropped here and there but didn't think it particularly worthwhile. still trying to find a good blunt weapon. i hope any dlc adds two-handed swords, more fully developed polearms, and crossbows. also that it fixes the lock-on thing but given how hard they seem to work to stop you from taking off lock-on it might be a serious issue in getting the enemy to react properly when locked on

fleshing out axes/maces a bit more would also be cool, but yeah the game really needs polearms

and stinger is (in my experience) extremely worthwhile since heavily armored opponents seem about as weak to pierce as they are to blunt so having a weapon with high thrust damage is awesome (though it's not like Herods has low thrust damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm now reading in a bit more detail about the combat.
  • Swings are extremely weak against enemies wearing armor - you have to pretty much exclusively use thrusts aimed at the weakest or exposed points.
  • Enemy models are divided into 30 hitbox zones and the game detects if you swing at the same armor points repeatedly which will make them weaker and start hurting the enemy.
  • How your stamina reacts during combat is also influenced by hunger, fatigue or wounds. Blocking is the most stamina-hungry thing you can do, combat at the time depended more on mobility and dodges, blocking was the last resort.
  • The combat system takes into consideration the weight of the weapons, if you have the higher ground than the enemy (your attacks will be stronger)
It's good to know all the stuff that the game doesnt' tell you, drat.

«48 »