Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Game is on sale on the old xboxox. How's the jankiness these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Game is on sale on the old xboxox. How's the jankiness these days?

Latest patch hasn't hit the consoles yet, afaik (it definitely hasn't on PS4).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imo the game is definitely worth playing on sale even with the old patch, but yeah the new patch is better. I dont regret my purchase and I paid nearly full price.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imo the game is definitely worth playing on sale even with the old patch, but yeah the new patch is better. I dont regret my purchase and I paid nearly full price.

I'd agree with this. I wish I'd waited to start playing until after the patches started rolling out, but I don't regret the purchase on PS4. Currently waiting for the new patch to drop so I can start over, since my current play through is so completely broken at the end.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's been about a month since I last asked. Has this been patched to where it's relatively bug free yet?

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Last major patch created a bug where you'd crash on starting a certain cuts scene, making it impossible to do the main questline. So still pretty buggy.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I was just coming to ask about this, so is the general consensus that for 45, games good?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's good, a little janky, kinda like oblivion at release?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Except no potato faces and random bandits will never don full suits of the game's best armor

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
If you have deep nostalgia for Morrowind, I would call this a $60 purchase, even with the bugs.

If you really love open world games, I would probably still buy in at $45.

Otherwise, wait for a half-off sale.

Someone asked earlier if I was being serious when I said something comparing this game to Bethesda's catalogue. While KC:D has no where near that level of polish on the UI or bug squashing, I unironically had more fun with this than FO4...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I really enjoyed KC:D (still have yet to finish it, I will at some point) bugs and all. I think I'm most excited about what they'll do next, this is hopefully just the start of a longer series that improves upon the last.

KC:D feels very much like a conceptual RPG, there are a lot of things that feel good about it mixed in with some swing and miss stuff. Overall I think it's a really unique and fun game though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hey, just a question, has this game been patched, and is it worth 45?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't tell if we're mocking each other asking about patches or not.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't tell if we're mocking each other asking about patches or not.

haha I'm glad I'm not alone, on that count! :D Curse this text-based means of communication

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

dogstile posted:

It's good, a little janky, kinda like oblivion at release?

I'd describe the jank as a solid middle ground between Oblivion and Skyrim but unlike the Elder Scrolls series this game has a combat system.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ostrava posted:

I'd describe the jank as a solid middle ground between Oblivion and Skyrim but unlike the Elder Scrolls series this game has a combat system.*

For the first while and then you level up and get good equipment

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

Knobb Manwich posted:

For the first while and then you level up and get good equipment

That's fair. I had a good time getting to that point though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

As much as I enjoy this game, get it for $30.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ostrava posted:

Also once you do reach that point it's cathartic at first, 2-shotting everyone while their blows bounce harmlessly off your armour. It does get a little boring once that wears off though

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ostrava posted:

Yeah you're gonna get like a solid 15 hours out of this game if you're actually experiencing the world and not power-levelling. I feel like the people who spent like 5 hours punching a dudes rear end to max their stats early are playing this game wrong, tbh.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This is a game that definitely benefits if you roleplay in good faith, and especially if you avoid stealing/looting too much. Like most rpgs, stealing and/or killing and looting makes way more money than you could ofherwise get and all the gear youd want can likewise be looted or stolen. And yeah it breaks if you try to grind out everything in tutorial village.

Thats a strike against the game, it aint players fault for doing what the game allows or encourages, but nothing is forcing you to break it, any more than Morrowind forced you to cycle fortify intelligence potions. Theres also mods that remove skill as a factor in damage which keeps combat scary for a lot longer.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This is a game that definitely benefits if you roleplay in good faith, and especially if you avoid stealing/looting too much.

Yes! My first play through, I stole and robbed everything and abused AI weirdness constantly and it sapped a lot of the fun out of it. I was only about a quarter through the story line so I restarted and played mostly lawful good guy and it was WAY more fun.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I myself have abused mods to cheapen the experience a bit (gently caress carry limits) but I'm still having a ton of fun with it, even as I'm getting to the end of it. I am excited to see what they do next!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I played the game entirely vanilla and didn't really steal anything and I think it made the experience that much better. I also avoided taking the game breaking loot you'll stumble upon fairly easily in this game.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, I myself have abused mods to cheapen the experience a bit (gently caress carry limits) but I'm still having a ton of fun with it, even as I'm getting to the end of it. I am excited to see what they do next!

If you have more fun, it wasn't cheapened. At least in single player games, can't cheat yourself!

The first thing I do is always cheat carry limits, cause I like to collect and hoard things in games and I always max out my int/cha so I get the cool dialog options.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, my RPG instincts kicked in, and I immediately started grinding and looting everything before even starting the plot line properly, and it in no way helped me to progress. It's better to think of this game as an adventure than a "proper" RPG.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Stealing is what I do, and just because I'm playing a video game doesn't mean I'll stop.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You'll like the game if you care more about a unique experience than a polished experience.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm loving this game more than any other RPG I've played in a long time if only for the breathtaking attention to detail and the overall "feel" of the world. Unlike a lot of Bethesda stuff I get the real sense that the player is actually living in this world and isn't just an "observer" so to speak, due in large part to having to eat/sleep/bathe.

Good tip for making money fast and easy that at least somewhat requires some work for those who don't want to ruin the experience as much: poach deer and boar, when you cook the meat it no longer comes up as stolen and you can sell food items to horse traders. One pack of deer should net you like 2.5-3k groschen

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
So is there any reason why my rep is 0 in new towns? The very first time I go to Merjheld and everyone is acting like I set the town on fire and I have a rep of 0, and guards demand cash because apparently Ive killed some live stock. So I head to Sasau for the first time too and my rep there is 4, never done anything to anyone around there.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Gaj posted:

So is there any reason why my rep is 0 in new towns? The very first time I go to Merjheld and everyone is acting like I set the town on fire and I have a rep of 0, and guards demand cash because apparently Ive killed some live stock. So I head to Sasau for the first time too and my rep there is 4, never done anything to anyone around there.

Have you been murdering randos? Could have been townspeople...

Failing that, which graphics card are you using? :haw:

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
So I just got this game a week ago and its awesome. I had the intro glitch twice for me where I had to restart from the beginning but no major bugs apart from that. How difficult is this game supposed to be? I'm getting into gaming again after a long hiatus and I've enjoyed this game and witcher 3 on death march a lot but they seem a little easy once you stat up. Is dark souls on a whole other level or is it comparable?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hard to start with. You become an unstoppable god once powered up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

The Lone Badger posted:

Hard to start with. You become an unstoppable god once powered up.

Like every good RPG.

A lot of the combat is role playing dependent. You can cheese and abuse stuff, but you can also play it "right" and have a lot of fun with it if you get into it and don't min/max and game it. It's really good in that respect. I enjoyed the combat more than Bethesda games, but those have always had poo poo combat.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Festus The Fetus posted:

So I just got this game a week ago and its awesome. I had the intro glitch twice for me where I had to restart from the beginning but no major bugs apart from that. How difficult is this game supposed to be? I'm getting into gaming again after a long hiatus and I've enjoyed this game and witcher 3 on death march a lot but they seem a little easy once you stat up. Is dark souls on a whole other level or is it comparable?

The trick to keeping the game interesting is to role play your stats and perks, in addition to your dialogue.

Half of the perks are broken/OP and should be avoided if you don't want to be OHKing dudes by the second/third act.

Edit: like, if you enjoy the survival aspects, don't take the perks which lessen hunger/sleep rates, if you enjoy the combat, don't take the perks which let you break armor and do extra damage, if you like managing your inventory, don't take the pack mule perks.

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 12, 2018

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Who the gently caress likes inventory management

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Well the ending was a little abrupt and not all that satisfying. Lots of unanswered questions about your da and you don't even get the sword back. Clear hook for a sequel and tbqh I'd love to see them try to do an actual major medieval city like Prague

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Wait, what questions did you think were unanswered?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I didnt really do much fighting in the cities and ypu really cant until you are god tier so im not really sure how prague would work combat wise. It seems like it would be pretty restrictive concerning playstyle to stealth killing everything or never fighting at all. The way witnesses work lol i do not want to deal with that either. I would not mind greater emphasis on stealth and knives though so i guess a theif style take on it would actually own but its a different game in a city setting imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

PittTheElder posted:

Wait, what questions did you think were unanswered?

Just the stuff with your dad etc. Nothing too major but little bits I'd have liked to have seen explored.

I also found some things like the romance subplot didn't really go anywhere (except boobies I guess?)

DogonCrook posted:

I didnt really do much fighting in the cities and ypu really cant until you are god tier so im not really sure how prague would work combat wise. It seems like it would be pretty restrictive concerning playstyle to stealth killing everything or never fighting at all. The way witnesses work lol i do not want to deal with that either. I would not mind greater emphasis on stealth and knives though so i guess a theif style take on it would actually own but its a different game in a city setting imo.

I meant more Prague as a city within a larger world so there's still countryside and smaller towns, but one absolutely gigantic one compared to the rest a la novigrad.

In other news I was super disappointed by the monastery quest but only because it felt like it had so much potential and they built it up as something that had multiple solutions if you looked around carefully. There's all the stuff with the abbot election, so I had plans to frame pious for being a drunk/plant a weapon on him, while also getting friendly with the guy who I'd help to get elected so that I could get him kicked out then arrest him. But no, that doesn't go anywhere so I just got bored and shanked him in the night before bailing. As far as I can tell there's only two solutions - kill him, and there's no real way to make it look accidental, or do the thing where you tell him your plan and he poisons you which is so unintuitive and dumb. The way the quest is introduced and the number of dead end routes you can go down, I'm sure a lot of people spent loads of time in there looking for solutions that ultimately don't exist.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 12, 2018