Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lock picking sucks, and the pickpocketing is worse. The training scenario is unbeatable, at least for me. During the first phase, its entirely up in the air whether i get detected or not. And when I do happen to access the next menu, the timer is so short I can barely see the menu, much less do anything. What gives? Is it a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Somebody make a mod that removes the lock on feature, it will break this game in half. If you rush enemies that are not aware of you and just start wailing on them, they cant do anything. It seems the AI is completely dependent on being in "lock on mode" to be able to block.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
So I went on a little nigh time raid in the armourers shop. I got frustrated when I saw the armourer had packed away all the valuables before closing, so I choked out one of the guards in his bed and stole all his stuff.

He didnt seem to care the next morning though;

A few days later he apparently saved up enough money to buy a full set of equipment so maybe ill visit him again whenever I need some quick cash.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pyromancer posted:

The entire shop's inventory is stashed in the chests in the same building, so if you can open very hard locks you can just go in broad daylight, take everything and crawl out carrying it and nobody says a thing because they were at the counter and the chest is in the back room they can't see or hear.

Yeah i dunno whats up wth the lockpicking in my game. It levels so slow, I just recently hit level 5 after lockpicking what feels like every available very easy chest or door in Rattay, Talmberg and Skalitz. So at this rate i might be able to open very hard chests in a few ingame years. But.... By then i'll be a millionaire from my bandit looting racket so it doesn't really matter.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Note to self; Apparently bludgeoning people with a warhammer makes them go to sleep, not die. I was fighting a cuman camp, and took out two of the guys with my warhammer, however while fighting the last guy, two more showed up seemingly out of nowhere, and it continued like this for a little while until i realized what was going on. What I thought was reinforcements were actually the guys i smacked down earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Previously that day:

This is from the nest of vipers scouting mission. I tried to see if i could pretend to be a bandit and fake my way in via the main bridge since there was only a single cuman standing there. However he attacked me on sight, and i manged to defeat him. But more cumans came. Then some more. Then after the cumans where dead, I thought that had to be all of them. So I went into the camp only to be rushed by a gaggle of bandits. I figured I was dead anyways, so i fled up those narrow stairs and decided to make a last stand to see how many i managed to kill before i died. But as the corpses started to pile up in the narrow stair case the AI couldnt reach me so i could safely stand there and plink at them with arrows, or stab their faces as they struggled to get over the corpses. This kept on for about 15 minutes until the entire camp was empty of bandits and cumans. Jesus christ be praised. (and my St George sword. After i decided to ditch my shield, that sword is killing everything. Heck, i instantly defeated Runt with a jab to the face. )