Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

You forget the seminal Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

For me this is basically hinging all on how much of a "living" world it is, if poo poo can happen without my involvement then I can put up with a lot of jank and "historicity as defined by a larper". I have a shrine to space rangers 2 in my house

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The good news is since it is singleplayer only the best combat techinique won't be diving at your opponents knees, facing away, and aiming an overhead swing at the sky thus ignoring any blocking they've attempted

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

lalaland posted:

So the combat is janky poo poo like in chivalry but without the constant taunting to redeem it

Yikes

I'll tickle ur catastrophe

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Negative impressions are fine (and likely accurate lmao) but reading someone else's reaction to someone else playing is probably not very useful

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Niwrad posted:

IGN is streaming it with someone from the company I think. It looks kind of fun.

https://www.twitch.tv/ign

Yeesh, the dude found a sleeping guy and stabbed him several times, and the guy had time to play the "getting out of bed" animation and then run away, followed by 8-10 guards piling into the room and whaling on the player for half a minute till he was arrested. In the preview vids it looked a lot more lethal?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The hot take machine won't be fully fired up till tomorrow

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The subreddit is currently a masterclass of rationalisations and moved goalposts, it reminds me of happy times in the andromeda thread :unsmith:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The music is fine when it's just generic fantasy elevator music like the near-entirety of Jeremy Soule's oeuvre, it's pretty bad when it tries to be dramatic, like the near-entirety of Jeremy Soule's oeuvre

Save system is garbo

Skill system is bad too but it makes me feel like I'm cheating the system when I use the infinite time in the tutorial area to harvest plants and jump repeatedly so its a wash

A lot of the perks are dumb and feel more like starting traits you'd pick in fallout

First impressions I award this a Risen out of Gothic 2

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

People seem to randomly lock and unlock doors as they open them, one dude locked me in with him in a little store room but after I told him my sob story (unprompted?) He let us both back out

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

" that dude needs to stop talking poo poo about our trash emperor"

"let's own him by handling feces with our bare hands"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Game claims to be historically accurate yet states Czech beer is some of the best in the world

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

There are a lot of stairs that you cannot climb at walking speed, which has been a more significant damper on my pillaging than any guard

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Guard: "stop, I need to search you for stolen goods"

Me: * strips out of plate mail, dumps 50 goblets books and women's dresses in the dirt.* " What seems to be the problem officer?"

Guard: *pats me down, staring directly at pile* " Well you're clean, I'll be on my way"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is there anything related to the hussites in this? I know nothing about the timeline but I think someone mentioned the big rebellion was in a decade or so?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

buglord posted:

I thought one of the stretch goals that were hit included a female protagonist

That was a mini-campaign, and it got cut, though they will probably add it back in later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm guessing it's a difference in staffing levels. Warhorse has eighty employees, Larian 120.

If I remember right cryengine is pretty rough to work with