Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

In this game you have a Drinking skill so I think it will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm excited to learn how to read in this videogame.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

In this game you can become a monk and do monk stuff, that better include drawing pictures of dicks and rabbits riding on snails in the margins of books.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm trying to find this brocade to steal from the Sasau tailor but I can't see it anywhere, anybody know where he hides it?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Early in my playthrough I knocked out the Rattay Bailiff and stole all his clothes. Now he just hangs out in his underwear, giving me quests and having little chats.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres a dude who wanders around offering riddles to people on the road, he owns. I'm getting a bit annoyed that all the betting I can do is only for pocket change though, winning a duel with a guy for a whole 50 Groschen is pretty lame. Also the fact that if you kill a guy in the woods and take his stuff it counts as stealing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So theres a quest where you have to give out some jobs to Skalitz people and pick the right people for the right jobs. Be aware that if you don't get the sword piece from one guy you can't complete a sidequest later. Also one guy offers to give you unarmed training if you give him a job. He doesn't give you one rank in it, he boost you up to loving 20.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

When do I get to be a monk?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Wow, once you finally unlock autobrew for Alchemy you can just blast through up to 20. Of course its really hard to sell thousands of groschen worth of potions now.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Captain Mediocre posted:

How did you find that guy again afterwards?

He walks from town to the river and back but he can be hard to find. If you keep helping out the executioner eventually everyone is Rattay comes to see one and you can find him easy that way.

Also when your unarmed gets boosted that high your warfare also shoots up massively too so be aware if you don't want to become overpowered really fast.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Palpek posted:

How the gently caress do I lockpick with m+k, it seems impossible. I understand the concept but the lock turns too fast for me to keep up with the mouse cursor at the same place and the margin of error is like 0. Should I lower the mouse sensitivity for this, what the gently caress.

If the lock is above your skill level then you can't really do anything, it will just break your lockpick immediately.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So merchants never have any money but if you gift them more than they can afford to buy, they'll have that amount of money next time. I guess they sell it? I sold a bunch of deer meat to the Rattay trader guy, now he has 15k groschen instead of 200.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hey, Henry’s come to see us!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Major Isoor posted:

By the way, so I decided to get basic stealth training from Matthew, however I can't get trained by him again - the option for basic training is gone, and if I go for the next level up (which is for lv5+. I'm currently lv4) he naturally says that I'm not good enough for that kind of training yet.
So am I only able to get one level in training per training 'tier', or can I just wait a couple of days before going back to him for additional training, or?

Each person will only train you once per tier.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like how when I talk to my old pals from Skalitz they go "an honor to meet you Sir Knight" then next line is like "oh poo poo waddup my boi"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I almost never use combos because the enemies that you would actually want to use them on always parry you. So I just stand in one place and riposte or abuse clinches.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I started a new game to see how crazy powerful I could get out of the gate without leaving Skalitz. You can absolutely max Strength, Agility, Vitality, Sword and probably Max Level too. My Herbalism is at about 16, Stealth is 5 and I haven't finished messing around yet. I don't think I'll keep going through the actual game like this but you can definitely mess around enough to give yourself a nice boost, like enough to wield a sword at the start or whatever. Definitely can't carry all those herbs with me though.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Before leaving Skalitz:

After leaving Skalitz:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So if you kill those Cumans outsides Bianca's, there's three horses there. One of them has the best saddle in the game on it, which you can loot from its body.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Noble Saddle or something else?

Noble Saddle with 4 Saddlebags.

Also at the moment since I'm so geared all the guards in Talmberg are like "oh its on honor to meet you Sir Knight" lmao.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Charlz Guybon posted:

I can see how you can grind your stats in the prologue to unrealistic levels, but how did you get the gear?

Some of the town guards fell asleep in bushes and misplaced their gear.

Here is Henry returning to Skalitz, I got some new gear in Talmburg through sneaky lockpicking.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

That Faint-Hearted Knight is such a good sport, always showing up to duel me even though I've defeated him 27 times before.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So the quest Needle in a Haystack is a cool concept. Is there actually a way to solve it without being an idiot?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

TjyvTompa posted:

I followed this guide, it's a bit finicky with the times but it totally works. You won't do any of the special quests that are available in the monastery but you do solve it the "good" way: http://www.powerpyx.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-a-needle-in-a-haystack-walkthrough/

This is my issue with the quest though, I want to solve it without blowing my cover like a moron.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

TjyvTompa posted:

There is no way of completing the quest without "blowing your cover". You either kill Pius or help him escape and then take him to Rattau. The monks will notice you leaving your lifetime pledge either way.

No that part is fine, I mean I want to be able to confront Pious with evidence I've gathered/figure it out and kill him instead of going up to my extremely trustworthy friend who is the only novice I can't accuse and saying "hey I'm here to kill this Pious guy" and bumbling into a solution.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So the Stuffing Perk seems useless now, I'm loud as heck. May as well go full plate at all times I guess.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hans told me I should dress up nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you have time to waste on dumb bullshit, maxing out your stats in the tutorial is good for a chuckle.

My old pics from this thread:

Before leaving Skalitz:

After leaving Skalitz:

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 4, 2022