Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

my only fear is that the game being so historically accurate and realistic... it may end being boring, since you know, medieval peasant life

frajaq fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

from a few videos of the beta I've seen, there's plenty of open world stuff to do, houses to rob, people to kill, lots of sidequests, etc

I hope an archer build is viable in this game, the devs have said so much about the melee combat system that I'm worried they made ranged stuff poo poo to force the players to go melee most of the time

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think I'll just enjoy the game even with one of the devs being alt-right

that is if it's not janky trash like ELEX

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat they upped the recommended PC requirements, worried may not run on my toaster now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

heres straight up 2 hours with no commentary gameplay of the PS4 version of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eu8O841-Mo

looks pretty garbage tbh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

KyloWinter posted:

Looks like everyone gonna be a stealth archer

:same:

just can't help it, it's always fun in these kind of games

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

from what I understand this is what that gigantic day-one patch is about

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are the town names shown so far real or not

shouldn't it be easy to know if this was a trade route territory or backwards country

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyCourteousHerdJebaited

This is the good poo poo right there

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanEasyHedgehogBIRB

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SociablePleasingBetafish-mobile.mp4

put all this poo poo in the OP tia

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

peasants casually blocking sword attacks with their arms

https://giant.gfycat.com/SilkyUnpleasantDouglasfirbarkbeetle.webm

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Played this at a friends house and was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it

Will still wait for sales + save anywhere/quick save mods

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fuf posted:

I fell down a ladder in the castle and wanna sleep to heal my broken as gently caress legs but a "don't delay!" message comes up and stops me. How else can I heal?

reload, you're still in the introduction and they're not gonna let you sleep until you after you reach your old town and the shenanigans there happen

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching a guy swing his sword at an invincible NPC to grind a bunch of levels at the start of the game.

It really is like Oblivion.

oh is that the second guy that trains you and takes you to archery afterwards?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gridlocked posted:

The rpg elements are lacking compared to Bethesda titles

what in the goddamn

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

please tell me there's a way to get rid of loading times for every single loving conversation

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Diogines posted:

Yet ANOTHER way to break the starter town, one I've not seen anyone post!

Step 1. Steal everything. Mug random villagers as they walk around, empty out the buildings etc.
Step 2. Sell a third of everything to the NPC in the general store. She will buy stolen goods. A third of everything in the entire town is way, way more money than she has. Do it anyway.
Step 3. Sell the remaining two thirds of your stolen goods to her, to buy the first third. Which are now "clean" and not stolen, trading that for the items you just sold, since still, they won't have enough gold.
Step 4. Sell the clean items to the NPCs across the street, or just buy valuable, light weight items from them, using the heavier items you just fenced.

Medieval money laundering!

Your goal is to get light weight, high value items you can sell, now clean, in the next town for full price! Also if you want, pick up alchemy stuff, or just get items you actually want.

Also you can beat Kunesh infinitely for easy skill ups

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus there are so many herbs in the starting village, already got Herbalism lvl 5 easy and rising

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so what are the consequences for taking miller missions, is my reputation gonna be hosed?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sheep posted:

Don't get caught.

Phi230 posted:

Only if you get caught and leave witnesses

glad to hear

he's the fencer for stolen stuff too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vahakyla posted:

What is with this game that attracts nazis and proud boys and what not like loving moths to a flame?

One of the main devs is a proud GamerGate supporter and have gotten into Twitter fights about no black people in the game