Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Had to reload due to a bug, losing about 45 minutes of progress. Kind of poo poo, but whatever. As I'm redoing some tedious woodland adventure, some peasant wearing a potato sack and wielding a ladle attacks me. After killing him and taking his valuables (some silver and aforementioned ladle) his friend comes screaming towards me. His friend proved a much more formidable opponent, with his polearm and his proper armor. I'm starting to think that this guy might be too much for me, when his AI promptly breaks and he starts running in circles. I tackle him and start wailing on him, which resets his AI, but now his health is low enough that I just need a quick stab to end him. After that is done, I loot the dude and find some massive upgrades. We're talking armor with double to quadruple the defense ratings of the armor I'm wearing, and probably worth ten times as much.

I'm probably going to be way overconfident in combat for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Jusupov posted:

Pegasus with the 4 bag saddlebag and racehorse perk and military horseshoes has 71 speed and a carryweight of 340. Can you make pebbles truly yours so he responds to whistle? I don't even know where I left him since I didn't really use him at all
I think Pebbles is yours from the moment you're told he's yours. He's been responding to my whistle at least since I left Neuhof to look for Ginger.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

beggar posted:

I skipped through the last couple pages to check, so sorry if it's been discussed.. but the Rattay huntsman quest to drop 3 empty cages is completely broken. I spent multiple hours and savior schnapps trying to get all three cages down, and usually one of them will glitch out and become invisible. If you're somehow able to get all three traps completed, the following dialog with the huntsman glitches out. My recommendation is to avoid this quest until patched
I don't know if you ever got a response to this, but: do the traps one by one. Save before dropping, drop, run away and come back after a minute or so to pick it up. When you get to the last one, save before picking it up and then don't save, sleep, fast-travel or wait, just pick it up and ride straight back to the huntsman and turn it in. I kept running into the same issue, and some people on the internet told me that the game freaks if you do any of the things mentioned after picking up the last trap but before turning it in. I saved, picked up the last trap and galloped straight back to town and managed to get through the dialogue with the guy and complete the quest.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

DogonCrook posted:

I have an ssd and didnt see a huge improvement but it did help and maybe in your case itll help more. Apparently it doesnt use much ram but you can force it to and 8gb should be plenty.

"Right-Click on Kingdom Come: Deliverance in your Steam Library and find ‘Set Launch Options‘. Copy/paste the heapsize command for the amount of RAM.

4GB: “-heapsize 524288”
8GB: “-heapsize 1048576”
12GB: “-heapsize 1572864”
16GB: “-heapsize 2097152”
24GB: “-heapsize 3145728”
32GB: “-heapsize 4194304”
64GB: “-heapsize 8388608”

Theres a way to do it in the config file too.

Heapsize commands has no effect in CryEngine.

I seem to remember there being something you could do to make the game rely more on the GPU than the CPU, but I can't remember what it was.

Also, the game defaults to borderless, so switching to fullscreen can net you some extra frames.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

taels posted:

Dropped 100+ Red Deer Venison outside a shack with two a couple and a dog in the woods as I already had 80 some and had to get rid of that and go back for it.
Arrived back to find the dog laying where I had stashed the meet nearby in a bush, looking very satisfied.

The sense of atmosphere, world and the way the mechanics plays into it have me captivated in a way that I don't think I've had since probably Morrowind/FFXI/Everquest for some reason. Maybe it's just been that long since there was an RPG with the sort of harsh and trying environment and feel, with proper rpg mechanics at that.

Oh forgot the other day I found I actually gained some FPS by moving LOD/vegetation draw up. Who knows though I could be nuts, I changed those and got ~5fps. I'm running a 4670k(3.4/ sometimes run it at 4.2), 1080, 16gb ddr3. Just finally ordered an SSD this was the last of many straws though.
Don't dump stuff on the ground to pick up later, the games deletes loose items incredibly fast. Dropped some swag to fight a couple of bandits (overencumbered to the point of walking), and when I was done a couple of minutes later, swag was gone.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
gently caress, whatever update Steam just downloaded for this game made it super tedious. 20 second loadtimes for convos with the game on an SSD. I've also had it fail to launch, get stuck forever at the opening cinematics, and saves can now take a couple of minutes to load, where before they took 4-5 seconds.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Yeah this is happening to me too. I haven't played since late last week and suddenly dialogues take the better part of a minute to load on an SSD.
It improved a lot as I kept playing. After ~30 minutes, conversations became instant and when I had to load, it did it in a few seconds. I guess having to load resources upon launching for the first time could be an explanation for why it was sluggish, but I haven't had it do that before, so the update definitely borked something. Also, I'm noticing a lot more clipping, like people poking through their clothes or armor. Maybe that's been happening all along and I just haven't been paying attention.

Wafflecopper posted:

Man Johanka can go gently caress herself. Minor sidequest spoilers: Now I don't have a problem with her being a bit rude, I understand she's under a lot of stress dealing with the wounded, that's cool. But then I get thrown in jail for the night for sassing that jackass noble dude when he bursts in to invite her to his feast while I'm helping her with the wounded. I get out the next day and go see her like "wow that guy was a dick huh" and her response was "well at least he was here the whole time!" Bitch, what? I was right there loving helping you and he showed up out of nowhere and threw me in prison! Last I heard you were complaining that he does nothing to help with the wounded and was a bit of a creeper, now he's your knight in shining armour?
I had her say that without having sassed him and gone to jail. I think she's referring to the fact that you've only just showed up to help, while he's been there from the beginning. Not that it makes her comment any less lovely. I helped a handful of refugees in the infirmary, hunted for meat (and had to fight a handful of Cumans and bandits I ran into while doing so), paid that loving stuck-up custodian to help the refugees (because he literally doesn't want to, and only pretends to care because he has the hots for Johanka) and she has the nerve to give me poo poo? I've done more in two hours than that fucker has done since they arrived. If I could undo my good deeds, I loving would.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

adhuin posted:

I had a peculiar version of the guy looting a corpse encounter.

There was a guy looting a deer. When I talked to him, he accused me of poaching.

I countered that with:
first aid : I was just looking if I could help him.

He bought my explanation.:smug:

I really like it when they're like "you did this" and you go "no I loving didn't" and they go "ok, checks out", then you go "you did it, admit it!" and they just go "yeah, I did it". Like, if they did it and were trying to cover their rear end, why the gently caress would they let themselves be convinced you didn't do it? Were Bohemian peasants that loving dumb?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

The Lone Badger posted:

I hate how everyone in Bavaria keeps banker's hours. Nobody and nothing does business before 9:00, not even bathhouses, and forget stumbling into an inn late at night and actually getting any accommodation.

I once crashed in Hans Capon's room, and at like 6 AM my sleep was interrupted by a guard demanding that I pay a fine... for not having a torch. gently caress you guy, not only am I inside sleeping, but the loving sun is already up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Der Shovel posted:

Yep, combine this with the fact that enemies 100% have infinite stamina, and combat against any higher class enemy is just so loving frustrating.

If you keep pounding away, their guard will break when they run out of stamina. Granted, you'll also be low, so you'll get maybe one good hit in before having to back away to regenerate.